PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Enable HDMI CEC via Telnet/SSH?

Silent
23-12-16, 14:20
Hi Guys

Is it possible to enable HDMI CEC via Telnet/SSH, or modify a file via FTP to get it enabled?

For some reason I cannot get my mates Duo 2 to respond to the Vu+ remote regardless of what image I flash. So I can't get any further than it looping around the input selection menu.

We've done all the resets on the remote (0001 to 0004) and no joy. The light on the remote flashes when you press a button, so it's not batteries.

Thanks
Silent

aido
23-12-16, 14:29
If you plug in an ethernet cable you could control it via OpenWebif if it comes up that early?

Silent
23-12-16, 14:37
It doesn't unfortunately, can only get to it with SSH/Telnet (haven't tried FTP, but I would assume we could - not there to test atm). Is there a command to start that service as that would also work?

Just to add - this is not a new box. It was working fine with a really old version (Hades 3.2 I think), but he didn't take an image backup before updating so so far are completely unable to get past the input selection.

Another option would be if somebody could upload a blank image set to HDMI >720p for the Duo2, we could then use the Web IF to see what's going on.

birdman
23-12-16, 15:55
Is it possible to enable HDMI CEC via Telnet/SSH, or modify a file via FTP to get it enabled?Sort of. if you telnet/ssh to the box you could stop enigma2, edit the settings file to add the relevant setting and then restart enigma2.
But what do you expect to be able to do with HDMI CEC if it is enabled?

rickybizzle
23-12-16, 20:16
Hello, friend here. Where is the settings file I can edit?

rickybizzle
23-12-16, 20:21
Hello, friend here. Where is the settings file I can edit? Also can anyone post an image for a Duo2?

birdman
23-12-16, 20:26
Hello, friend here. Where is the settings file I can edit?It's /etc/enigma2/settings. But you haven't said what you expect HDMI CEC to be able to do for you.

aido
23-12-16, 21:50
The line in that file which was added when HDMI CEC was enabled in the menu was

config.hdmicec.enabled=True

Guessing the OP is wondering if the TV remote control would work the box when CEC is enabled?

rickybizzle
24-12-16, 00:35
Basically its my box, after a wipe and upgrade to latest version of openvix all remotes would no longer work no matter what codes i entered in it. this is my last options to control my box to finish the install. its a Vu+ duo2.

birdman
24-12-16, 02:10
Basically its my box, after a wipe and upgrade to latest version of openvix all remotes would no longer work no matter what codes i entered in it. this is my last options to control my box to finish the install. its a Vu+ duo2.And you still don't say what you expect HDMI CEC to be able to do for you.

If aido's guess is correct then I don't see it working, as there are several configurable options once HDMI CEC is enabled, but none of them is to respond to keys from the TV.

Are there any buttons on the front panel that can be used?

ronand
24-12-16, 04:07
If the box is hardwired then openwebif should replicate the remote control. Hopefully it is a case of the wrong remote code.

Rob van der Does
24-12-16, 05:35
Hopefully it is a case of the wrong remote code.
That's very likely the case, and easy to find in the settings-file (look for "config.plugins.remotecontrolcode.systemcode=x" in which x= 1,2,3 or 4; 2 being the default)