PDA

View Full Version : VIX 3.1, On screen messages sometimes annoying and unwanted

dnme
11-01-11, 19:27
Dear folks,

Sometimes the on screen messages are annoying. For example, when I am channel surfing during the day (Channel+ and -), When I come to BBC3 and BBC4, I get the message "Service not found, SID not found in PAT" together with a counter counting down 5 seconds.

This is so annoying. BBC3/4 don't start til 7pm, so when I'm surfing, I just want these channels to appear as blank screens or just have the OSD show "No service" or something. But I do not want to be interrupted and have to wait for a countdown.

Is there anyway I can deal with this in VIX 3.1?

Many thanks

Larry-G
11-01-11, 19:31
this is not a vix image problem. it's your box telling you that it cant find the services it is looking for on that channel. it happens with all linux boxes and all images.
granted the timer is a pain in the but and there might be a way to disable that, but as i said it's not strictly a VIX problem.

marty
11-01-11, 19:42
VIX 3.1? Got a time machine :D

sonc
11-01-11, 19:45
You don'r have to wait for the countdown......just press ok and it cancels it

dnme
11-01-11, 20:42
Thanks folks. I hate it even if I can rid it with OK button, it interrupts the usability of chan+/- surfing. Any experts out there can tell us how to disable these messages?

silverfox0786
11-01-11, 20:45
these messges cant be disabled they are a set standard telling you that a channel frequency does not exsist or is not currently transmitting i dont underdtand why you cany just press ok

yes its annoying but your making such a big deal about it i just press ok or exit and thats it done or are your thumbs just lazy

dnme
11-01-11, 21:08
these messges cant be disabled they are a set standard telling you that a channel frequency does not exsist or is not currently transmitting i dont underdtand why you cany just press ok

yes its annoying but your making such a big deal about it i just press ok or exit and thats it done or are your thumbs just lazy

I'm just asking the question fella!

silverfox0786
11-01-11, 21:12
i know your where just asking

but even though it was answered you still moan that its annoying and how to get rid of it when its said its a built in feature

i find it a hinderence too but its not a big deal and cant really be removed unless you email vuplus and ask them to take it out which i am sure they will say no too

vu-duo-user
11-01-11, 21:18
He could always stare at a blank screen until they start to broadcast.

Likvid
11-01-11, 22:32
With OpenPLI you can disable that kind of error messages.

silverfox0786
11-01-11, 22:39
With OpenPLI you can disable that kind of error messages.

thats bacause open pli is a version initself it used its own base where as VIX uses the officail vuplus base and vuplus have not got the disable function

dnme
11-01-11, 23:10
i know your where just asking

but even though it was answered you still moan that its annoying and how to get rid of it when its said its a built in feature

i find it a hinderence too but its not a big deal and cant really be removed unless you email vuplus and ask them to take it out which i am sure they will say no too

Yea, night now!

dfdream
12-01-11, 09:36
In openpli change "Hide ZAP Errors" to yes.

Its in Setup...System....Customize Menu