PDA

View Full Version : Multiboot - mulrirom support?

irishbiker
18-12-16, 10:33
Hi All

Just got a new box to play with. I remember reading someplace that the HD51 supports multirom/multiboot - anyone confirm and if so can someone point me to the files.

Thanks

twol
18-12-16, 11:48
The hd51 emmc provides 4 partitions for multiple images, but unlike the Xtrend ET8500 which provides diirect boot access to either image, the hd51 needs additional software to flash and boot to the other partitions which is only provided by OpenATV.

irishbiker
18-12-16, 14:29
Hmm it was a close choice getting either the ET8500 or the HD51 but when they started to include the second tuner with the HD51, it then looked a better choice for the long term in my opinion. I fully understand as its a new unit and the image will develop over time. I will just have to wait but I am hopefully for the rumour of full kodi to be included in future versions of openvix.

Andy_Hazza
18-12-16, 17:40
Hmm it was a close choice getting either the ET8500 or the HD51 but when they started to include the second tuner with the HD51, it then looked a better choice for the long term in my opinion. I fully understand as its a new unit and the image will develop over time. I will just have to wait but I am hopefully for the rumour of full kodi to be included in future versions of openvix.

I can't see a full Kodi on the Mut@nt HD51. They promised it for the Mut@nt HD2400 and still waiting, so don't hold your breathe on that one........
You are just better off with a dedicated device for the Kodi stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk