PDA

View Full Version : DVB-C FBC Tuner

DaMacFunkin
17-12-16, 23:24
Hello, you will all be pleased to know that the DVB-C FBC tuner works fine with UK cable, up to now i have only had 4 transponders going on it at once i will go for the full seven when i have a bit more time - setting up VTi to something a bit usable is very time consuming (It's rubbish).
As I previously mentioned the DVB-C FBC only works as FBC in slot 1, it won't work in slot 2 properly.

A pointer to you guys on the ABM team, you will need a rethink with this tuner, as of yet ABM can't achieve tuner lock (bummer), it works fine on the DVB-S2 FBC tuner fine as expected though.

rossi2000
18-12-16, 07:32
recording 7 works fine.

there is an issue with the dvb-c tuner, amongst other things
disable tuner H and try ABM again.

DaMacFunkin
18-12-16, 09:50
Hi disabled Tuner H and you are right , it works fine, thank you, i just wish VTi could hide markers or understand alternative numbering, added to that it doesn't import information from epg refresh for cable and terrestrial channels and it really is a dog with fleas.

rossi2000
18-12-16, 10:26
I just have VTi in multi boot just to test some functions.
the image is pretty horrible to use tho I agree.

DaMacFunkin
18-12-16, 14:20
If only there was a VIX image we could be using...

squig007
23-12-16, 20:27
I'm lost with the vti image it's awful

giub1981
28-12-16, 15:03
Hi

I am using BH (until VIX is sorted) and want to know if I need to scan each individual tuner or can I just scan tuner A and loop through the other 7? Hope that makes sense

Thanks

nsw9154
28-12-16, 20:54
so it looks like it might be worthwhile me upgrading to a Ultimo 4k for Cable after all just a shame i can not understand how to set up Oscam and 4k will not work with Mgcamd

DaMacFunkin
29-12-16, 08:36
I'm lost with the vti image it's awful

TBH Black hole is only marginally better, if you put Black hole and VTi together you still couldn't get a decent image out of the 2 of them.
Both of them with a bit more thought could be good for intermediate users.

DaMacFunkin
29-12-16, 08:40
Hi

I am using BH (until VIX is sorted) and want to know if I need to scan each individual tuner or can I just scan tuner A and loop through the other 7? Hope that makes sense

Thanks

No you do not need to scan all 7 Tuner's, i have though set the first six as DVB-C, Provider, Virgin Media 6952, i have set the seventh one as not connected, this is to allow ABM to run correctly until the bug's are sorted.
With ABM you just input your net id as usual.

DaMacFunkin
29-12-16, 08:42
so it looks like it might be worthwhile me upgrading to a Ultimo 4k for Cable after all just a shame i can not understand how to set up Oscam and 4k will not work with Mgcamd

Now i've been around here long enough to know you have had loads of boxes, the Ultimo4K is the ultimate box for cable IMO, i am really surprised you haven't been able to gain enough knowledge from this forum, and the other ones out there not to get a basic oscam config running.

giub1981
29-12-16, 11:13
Cheers. Which image are you running with ABM? Cheers

smith_rob
29-12-16, 13:07
You you think they will produce a dvb-c fbc tuner module so you could fit it in the solo 4K or will it never happen?, I'm getting virgin in the new year and have the solo 4K with the dual twin hybrid dvb-c module, will that just record 2 channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
29-12-16, 13:12
Cheers. Which image are you running with ABM? Cheers

I've run it in VTi and Black hole, just copied the ABM system folder from my Solo4k, ftp'd over to the Ultimo4K, chmod to 755 and rebooted.
Works fine in both images.

DaMacFunkin
29-12-16, 13:18
You you think they will produce a dvb-c fbc tuner module so you could fit it in the solo 4K or will it never happen?, I'm getting virgin in the new year and have the solo 4K with the dual twin hybrid dvb-c module, will that just record 2 channels?

The solo4K tuner slot is not FBC compatible so the answer is no.
With the dual DVB-C you can theoretically record 8 channels at the same time, many mux's on VM carry 4 channels obviously the 8 channels you might want to record may not be on the same 2 frequency's.
Beware to anybody with cable.
VM cards can't take the hammering of ECM requests that sky cards can, if you are recording 7 channels that may well be 7 ECM requests every 8 seconds and then if you have another couple of boxes running off the same card..., well you are asking for trouble.

Larry-G
29-12-16, 14:34
TBH Black hole is only marginally better, if you put Black hole and VTi together you still couldn't get a decent image out of the 2 of them.
Both of them with a bit more thought could be good for intermediate users.

To be fair a lot of their respective users would say the same for ViX, it's all subjective. Both actually have very decent images but most ViX users have been spoiled and frankly a lot of ViX users are as dumb as a bag of hammers and need help wiping their own arses (blame us for that for automating almost every aspect of the image for them over the years).

ATV on the other hand !!!!!! (well that's my opinion and won't post it here as my posts keep getting deleted as it is).

p.s I use BH on one box and it works fine, once you get your head around setting it up.

giub1981
29-12-16, 14:44
I saw 2 ABM plugins in BH but they said they were for solo 4K only. You think they would work on the ultimo 4k?

Ev0
29-12-16, 14:51
I saw 2 ABM plugins in BH but they said they were for solo 4K only. You think they would work on the ultimo 4k?

Should be fine on the Ultimo4K too (but i've not tested) the only difference is it has ARM .so files inside, which don't work with mips boxes and vice versa.

abu baniaz
29-12-16, 17:02
If you install from plugin server, ABM will have the reader compiled for that receiver/CPU architecture.

DaMacFunkin
29-12-16, 17:39
To be fair a lot of their respective users would say the same for ViX, it's all subjective. Both actually have very decent images but most ViX users have been spoiled and frankly a lot of ViX users are as dumb as a bag of hammers and need help wiping their own arses (blame us for that for automating almost every aspect of the image for them over the years).

ATV on the other hand !!!!!! (well that's my opinion and won't post it here as my posts keep getting deleted as it is).

p.s I use BH on one box and it works fine, once you get your head around setting it up.

Doesn't have remote fallback tuner though does it? If you need it, you need it.

Oh and support for Virgin pvr_epg and UK Terrestrial epg whilst we are at it, and it only supports picon's the size of a nats gonad's on the info bar.

Larry-G
29-12-16, 17:42
Doesn't have remote fallback tuner though does it? If you need it, you need it.

i don't watch enough tv to need it.

Don't knock other images without first knowing how much hard work goes into them, or try and do better your self. Thats all I'm saying.

Larry-G
29-12-16, 17:46
Lmfao picons ?. I don't even have picons on my boxes rite now.

DaMacFunkin
29-12-16, 17:46
i don't watch enough tv to need it.

Don't knock other images without first knowing how much hard work goes into them, or try and do better your self. Thats all I'm saying.

I aint knocking them, all i'm saying is i don't think BlackHole has evolved enough from the stock image, even for the average british user.
p.s. The use of remote fallback tuner is because that is how i access my Motorised Satellite, the E2 box connected to the Motor has support for multistream, this then seamlessly integrates with my Main Box, currently Ultimo4k, or doesn't integrate as the current case may be.

DaMacFunkin
29-12-16, 17:48
Lmfao picons ?. I don't even have picons on my boxes rite now.

You have just proven why Black Hole suits you fine.

Larry-G
29-12-16, 17:48
I aint knocking them, all i'm saying is i don't think BlackHole has evolved enough from the stock image, even for the average british user.
p.s. The use of remote fallback tuner is because that is how i access my Motorised Satellite, the E2 box connected to the Motor has support for multistream, this then seamlessly integrates with my Main Box, currently Ultimo4k, or doesn't integrate as the current case may be.

Lol just friendly banter mate, no offence intended. I better not reply any more. I see the anti fun nazi is watching this thread and my posts get deleted often enough as it is, (I have lost over 2 k posts at last count and I'm probably skirting on a ban by making this post as it is).

abu baniaz
29-12-16, 18:30
Lol just friendly banter mate, no offence intended. I better not reply any more. I see the anti fun nazi is watching this thread and my posts get deleted often enough as it is, (I have lost over 2 k posts at last count and I'm probably skirting on a ban by making this post as it is).

If you have a problem with a moderator, raise the issue with Admin. Your rude and aggressive posts are not deleted, they are moved to your own dedicated thread.

The Nazi army shed the blood of millions of innocent people. I resent being labelled with such a label. You have now fallen foul of rule 9.

bassethound
29-12-16, 20:14
Its about time a mod closed this thread down as its going right off topic

and ban Larry for a week hes always been a cheeky chappy :fart2:

giub1981
29-12-16, 21:15
Ok tried to install both ABM plugins on the feeds but they will not install. Does anyone have a working ABM plugin that I can use on BH?

Andy_Hazza
29-12-16, 21:26
Ok tried to install both ABM plugins on the feeds but they will not install. Does anyone have a working ABM plugin that I can use on BH?

I will grab my ABM folder from my Solo4K for ya n zip it up n upload it here. Give me 10.

Andy_Hazza
29-12-16, 21:33
Here you go >>

giub1981
29-12-16, 21:46
Thanks for this. Do I just install this like a IPK or do I need to add this in a specific folder? cheers

Andy_Hazza
29-12-16, 21:48
FTP it over. usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/systemplugins/

Then restart your receiver