PDA

View Full Version : New Driver problem

DaMacFunkin
16-12-16, 23:50
Since i installed the new driver update last weekend (VIX 021 i think) My box has jammed whilst watching FTA HD 3 times, and by jammed i mean the sound has carried on but the picture has froze with no ability to telnet or ftp into the box leaving me having to power cycle it.
I have now got debug logs enabled in case it happens again.
Has anybody had this issue in the past and it was fixed, i seem to remember it might have been an issue previously.

DaMacFunkin
17-12-16, 00:10
Just happened again (4th time), but i hadn't restarted after enabling debug logs (DoH).
Will have to wait for it to happen a fifth time now.

DaMacFunkin
17-12-16, 07:53
Happened again, here is the debug log:51713
Please Help!!!

DaMacFunkin
17-12-16, 07:58
There seems to be a lot of

[eMPEGStreamParserTS] broken startcode
does that point to a driver problem?

DaMacFunkin
17-12-16, 09:29
Fixed this, it would seem VM have made some channels FTA for Christmas, namely Good Food HD which the Mrs watches religiously, the channels seem to be sending a decode request for 0000:000000, which is obviously wrong.
Disabling this request for all readers seems to have stopped the box locking up.

s2tephen
17-12-16, 10:40
Fixed this, it would seem VM have made some channels FTA for Christmas, namely Good Food HD which the Mrs watches religiously, the channels seem to be sending a decode request for 0000:000000, which is obviously wrong.
Disabling this request for all readers seems to have stopped the box locking up.

Can you tell me how you did this.
thanks

DaMacFunkin
18-12-16, 10:07
Yes there are two ways, if you only have a cable card that uses 1841.
In Oscam if you go into the reader where it says caid enter 1841 save and restart the cam, now only caid requests for 1841 will be sent to that reader, any request for 0000 will stay idle waiting for a suitable reader.
If you have more than one card with a few readersyou can either enter all the caids that each reader should process or you can use a feature called services, on that tab create a title called newservice1 , add it and edit it via the pencil, add all the caids you want blocking, so for instance if you didn't want 1841 or 0000 requests being sent to your other card (s) you would enter 0000,1841
Now when you go back into your reader config you should see a section called Reader services settings, if you tick Not_services: and save your reader will no longer try to decode 0000 and 1841.
There are other ways many of these things can be done, Oscam is very complex and the way one person has everything set up will not be the same as another person does.