PDA

View Full Version : Can I use both tuners with single LNB?

dnme
11-01-11, 17:34
Dear folks,

Firstly many thanks for a wonderful forum and a great image (VIX 1.3). I just got my VU+ Duo and am playing around with it. I am just wondering (probably a stupid question) but can I use both tuners with single LNB? Would this work with Tuner B set to Loopback Tuner A or Tuner B same as Tuner A?

Many thanks

Larry-G
11-01-11, 17:42
ideally it is always best to have each tuner with it's own feed for example tuner a using a sky digi dish pointing at 28.2 east and tuner b on a motorised dish setup.

however if you do wish you can do a virtual loop through, this will give you more recording options than just a single feed to one tuner, but in my opinion why buy this box to neuter it with a single feed.

dnme
11-01-11, 17:50
Phoenix, I just have a simple dish on roof of rented accomodation. Can you tell me how I do a virtual loop through? Everything I tried so far has not worked.

Larry-G
11-01-11, 17:54
Phoenix, I just have a simple dish on roof of rented accomodation. Can you tell me how I do a virtual loop through? Everything I tried so far has not worked.

to be honest i dont own a VU so while i know you can do a virtual loop through, i am not certain of the exact procedure.
dont worry though some one here will know and tell you once they see this thread.

Sicilian
11-01-11, 17:57
Off the top of my head, see Tuner B to be equal as Tuner A, but you wont get all the recording capabilities with one feed. You will only be able to watch and record channels on the same transponder.

pooface
11-01-11, 18:11
If you set tuner b as a loop through of tuner a, is what you want. I used to set b to nothing connected, as nothing was connected. But, since putting b as a loop through of a, I get many more channels.

As for y get the duo with only 1 feed, i got it, as it cost me £50 after selling dm800. This box is better imo, and worked out a great deal for me...

Plus, when I finally get it done, I can take use of the extra tuner :p

Sent from my HTC Vision

dnme
11-01-11, 19:21
Thanks pooface, It does make some more channels available for dual recording. How come it does not make all channels available?

Larry-G
11-01-11, 19:25
Thanks pooface, It does make some more channels available for dual recording. How come it does not make all channels available?

because it's limited by the single feed, without a second feed you simply wont get the same options as you would with it.

pooface
11-01-11, 19:50
As phoenix says... to be q bit more technical (probably not accurate :p), the lnb have high and low, vertical and horizontal bands... so with sindle lnb, it just allows the same transponder. With pass thru, it emulates more of these bands ...

Sent from my HTC Vision

Huevos
11-01-11, 23:45
you can do a virtual loop throughWhy do you call it virtual? It is real loop through, just done internally.

silverfox0786
11-01-11, 23:46
Why do you call it virtual? It is real loop through, just done internally.

its not ohysically done r seen so its refered to as virtual but i see your point

pooface
11-01-11, 23:47

I think people say virtual, because you don't see it happening, and you don't have to run any cables between the two tuners yourself...

Larry-G
11-01-11, 23:49

it's just a word and really makes no difference what so ever what it's called. the reason i call it a virtual loop through is because it's done internally and not the traditional way with a patch cable.