PDA

View Full Version : Bad start new box please help

JIZZSTER
15-12-16, 19:01
Call me stupid.....stupid!!!!

Got my HD51 and impressed tuned it in to my dish etc ....

I have put the 300mbps dongle into the usb at the rear ....
Im doing something wrong I just cant establish a basic connection using the wizard im deffo doing something wrong.
The dongle has found my router so know its working .... is there an idiots guide ....

thank steve

....more stupid questions coming ..........

JIZZSTER
15-12-16, 19:05
done a network test

WLAN connecton ok

and HCP green

the rest are red

JIZZSTER
15-12-16, 19:07
Network wizard says no networks found

Ashley69
15-12-16, 19:23
Have a look through this thread.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?54512-Wireless-adaptor-for-HD51

danlou
15-12-16, 19:23
I need to ask, have you put the correct WiFi key in?
Is encryption set to WPA ?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

JIZZSTER
15-12-16, 20:38
Yes checked the key its correct ..om titalky puzzled

Ashley69
15-12-16, 20:42
You need to look through my thread and install the kernel.

JIZZSTER
15-12-16, 22:33
call me think so sorry .....OpenWebIF and the kernel where do I install them the laptop or the mutant box? if I cant connect to the web how can I install =

sorry thanks

twol
15-12-16, 22:48
Can you for the time being connect to the router and download it?

Otherwise send a post with email and I can set Up a dropbox so you can download to a pc .... then you can stick on a usb stick and install from there.... but somwtime tomorrow.

mrxbox360
15-12-16, 23:34
Sounds like your having fun & games already with getting to oscam stuff, if i was you id look to buy a set of home plugs & ditch the wifi stuff

JIZZSTER
15-12-16, 23:35
On Network Setup

WLAN connection has a tick and rtl8xxu wireless network interface

go to scan networks - none shown

JIZZSTER
15-12-16, 23:36
do you
think that would help ??

Joe_90
15-12-16, 23:51
Sounds like your USB dongle is not being handled correctly. Do you know exactly what model it is? Can you put it into a PC and obtain the USB ID? I've had problems with an RTL8192cu USB dongle, but I have sorted it out through a long process. It's fixed now, but the fix will not have filtered down into the newest release as it was only yesterday that the code was put into the mainline version. If you have an ethernet connection available to you, connect the box and uninstall RTL8192CU USB adapter and then re-install it. If it fixes the problem, then report back.

JIZZSTER
16-12-16, 00:31
thanks Tony ill get on that now ...its a Netis WF2123 ordered it with the box from wos... ill put in my pc and see if I can suzz this out... Ive got my old Buffalo wireless bridge I had with my old Duo to see if can just get working but nothing also

JIZZSTER
16-12-16, 00:41
Yes Tony its a RealTek RTL8192CU

birdman
16-12-16, 01:37
Yes Tony its a RealTek RTL8192CUIIRC correctly you should install the kernel-module-rtl8192cu package. So you'll need to login and run:

opkg install kernel-module-rtl8192cu
After a reboot this will then be used in preference to the rtl8xxxu kernel module.

If you can't login because of the network you can install it via a USB stick.

Download it to the USB stick via your PC. You'll find it at:

http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/4.2/hd51/hd51/kernel-module-rtl8192cu_4.7.4-r0.0_hd51.ipk
Insert this USB stick into the hd51.
On your box, go to the Vix Backup Manager menu, press Menu then Chose local ipk's folder.
Navigate to the folder with the downloaded ipk in and press Save

Back to the Vix menu and select Install local extension.
Press Extra IPK's and the kernel module should be there.
Select it and press OK.
Once it has finished restart the box.

Joe_90
16-12-16, 02:28
Thanks, Gordon - have replied to @JIZZSTER separately, but you have put all the necessary steps in your post. Soon we will have a live release version that will handle this scenario!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue - thought it might be more widespread :p

JIZZSTER
16-12-16, 20:10
Thanks Birdman really struggling doing the USB trying to locate

•Navigate to the folder with the downloaded ipk in and press Save

sorry to be a pain ....

thanks

JIZZSTER
16-12-16, 23:55
Thank you everyone I resolved the first issue the connection Bridman Twol Fat Tony thank you all ever so much ...

I connected direct to my router deleted the driver and re installed as instructed an worked ....

thanks again......tomorrow will bring another issue im sure ....

JIZZSTER
19-12-16, 22:13
don't believe it the connection has been lost ??? my router is ok ive just lost the link btw the mutant and the router whuch was established , Any ideas help etc ?

thank you

birdman
20-12-16, 03:07
don't believe it the connection has been lost ??? my router is ok ive just lost the link btw the mutant and the router whuch was established , Any ideas help etc ?Would need some more detail.

Did you shutdown the mutant, or did the connexion just disappear while the system was running?
Are you using DHCP, or are you using a static IP address?

Joe_90
21-12-16, 16:49
Saw your pm this morning @jizzster - better this is handled on-thread as it spreads the knowledge. I must say that I haven't had any issues as my box is in deep standby most of the time so it reboots every morning and always re-establishes connection with the router ok. I'm using DHCP, but I allocate a fixed IP address in the router to the dongle MAC address. Best probably to turn on debug logging and reboot the box to check the connection attempt. Have you tried rebooting the router?

JIZZSTER
21-12-16, 17:24
Tony thank you I bought home plugs so that problem solved onto the next one