PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Movie List Enhancements

relaxibus
14-12-16, 20:26
Hi,

I'm new to the Linux receiver world. After reading a lots about images I decided to go for the OpenVix image. However, coming from the Kabel Deutschland PVR, I have some questions regarding the user friendly GUI.

I would like to see the number of files present inside a folder, e.g. Film, Serien, etc. Only the video files, not the amount of sub-folders.

Will this feature be integrated?

It would be also great if a integrated Serien Recorder feature would be integrated, same way as the Sagecom reciver do it. Very simple but effective.

Trial
15-12-16, 09:07
Hi,
for fans of series there is a plugin called serienrecorder which should also run on OpenViX and prehaps is on the feeds (?) but I did not test as I am not a big recorder.

ciao

relaxibus
16-12-16, 18:44
hi,

I use serienrecorder, however it is not on the feed, just serienplugin. But, it would be great if Vix could have its own, more simpler and not with dependencies like seriesrecorder.

Any suggestion about my other question regarding the Movie List enhancement? There was a plugin, "Enhanced Movie List", but development has been stopped years ago. Now is called EMC (Enhanced Mocie Center), but it will not works on Vix, and is also too complex and too full of functions (useless for my scope).

Rob van der Does
17-12-16, 07:38
Please upload the plugin serienrecorder here, so we can have a look.
We have no intention to add the number of files in folder. But that question suggests you use a lot of folders; did you try to use the embedded tags (i.e. virtual folders) instead of real folders?

relaxibus
17-12-16, 11:21
Hi,
I'm not using a lots of folder, however the number depends on the amount of series. Having the number of files present in a folder gives you instantaneously feedback if there are new recorded movies/episodes available. This is very usefull if a season stops for a while and beginn again on a later time (even a year ahead).

Another usefull featur of the Sagemcom is the visibility of programmed events (timers) inside the movie list (with the tag "programmed") and of course inside the relative folders. The movie list is the heart of programmed/recorded event management. Here the link to the user manual (unfortuately in german only).
https://www.vodafone.de/downloadarea/bedienungsanleitung-hd-video-recorder.pdf

Here the link to the Serienrecorder and his server dependency:
https://github.com/einfall/serienrecorder/wiki
http://www.serienserver.de

Another pain of the Linux receivers are the EPG. A more integrated and "out of the box" working solutions should be integrated.

Please don't misunderstood me, I'm not critizing Vix, I like it and would not go back, but I think that the Sagemcom has some very interesting featurs Vix could take over to enhance it's user friendly.

leshay
17-12-16, 15:12
We have no intention to add the number of files in folder.

Such a pity. Such a simple feature to add I would think. Would be of real use for me (at least).