PDA

View Full Version : Scan tuner B question

avalon65
14-12-16, 18:15
On the Edision OS mini, how do I scan Tuner B, because when I select automatic scan, it always selects Tuner A by default, and I can't see where to change the Tuner.

john doe
14-12-16, 18:24
how have you configed both tuners

avalon65
14-12-16, 18:26
Yes both tuners are configured as 'simple' and 'single'

Edit:, I managed to change to Tuner B in the Manual Scan selection, but can't change to Tuner B in the Automatic Scan selection.

john doe
14-12-16, 19:13
check your cables and make sure that they are loose. if not loose change the sat feeds around and scan.

avalon65
14-12-16, 19:23
The cables were only fitted this morning, but I'll check them anyway.

john doe
14-12-16, 20:01
The cables were only fitted this morning, but I'll check them anyway.

that could be your problem

check and get back to us

avalon65
14-12-16, 21:23
I swapped the 2 feeds over and tightened with fingers, the nipped them up with small pliers.

Tuner A is a Broadcom BCM73X DVB S2, and the satellite it is linked to is 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G. I did another automatic scan and whilst this was going on, the scan was swpping between DVB-S2OPSK abd DVB-S2 11670H, so I assume it was swapping between the 2 feeds??
Tuner B is a FTS-Z60 Montague RS6000 DVB-S2

After the scan was done there were 973 channels found and I selected epg on the remote and chose 'Last Scanned'. The only thing is though, although the sky channels are listed, there is no program information about any of them.

abu baniaz
14-12-16, 23:40
Your tuners must be configured ( i.e set told) what is on the other end and what it is pointing to and how. Diseqc switch, USALS motor, actuator etc....

If the wire connected to Tuner A comes from a satellite dish pointing to 28.2 only. You set tuner A as: simple, single 28.2. You need to describe where and what this other dish of yours is pointing to for people to assist you.

Get your head around Bouquets/categories/genres/EPG
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51808-EPG-Channels-and-Bouquets
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48142-EPG-Screens-and-Navigation

I would suggest you use Auto0BoquetsMaker to make the 28.2 bouquets
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47834-ABM-How-to-exclude-unavailable-HD-channels
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48368-How-to-setup-AutobouquetsMaker-for-FreeSat-UK-using-OpenViX

This is one way on how to obtain the EPG data for 28.2
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45605-How-to-setup-7-DAY-EPG-with-Crossepg-for-Astra-28-2-Video-Guide

The ViX manual is here, abit itdated but most stuff is covered.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39144-VIX-Manual

avalon65
14-12-16, 23:50
I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence.
The dish is fixed and there is no motor at all. Bot line feeds come from a dual LNB on the dish, which points to 28.2 degrees East
There is only 1 dish for both lnb's

The tuners are bot set to simple and single as per my other post above.

In the link of How to setup CrossEPG for sky uk with ViX 3.0. the link which I assume was there, is no longer there.

I am Newbie when it comes to satellite tv, and I'm learning as I go along and of course from this forum.

abu baniaz
14-12-16, 23:55
If both tuners are connected to the same Dish/LNB, there is no need to scan using Tuner B.
(If you had a million tuners all pointing at 28.2, you only need to scan on one of them.)

avalon65
14-12-16, 23:59
If both tuners are connected to the same Dish/LNB, there is no need to scan using Tuner B.
(If you had a million tuners all pointing at 28.2, you only need to scan on one of them.)

Lol, ok thanks.+

I did scan Tuner B manually, and did so because I was told to swap the line feeds over.

john doe
15-12-16, 09:38
if setup correctly just scan with ABM, all channels on 28.2 will show. like abu said you only need 1 tuner to scan

avalon65
15-12-16, 10:52
In the pdf setup guide for how to setup CrossEPG for Sky on ViX 3.0, it says that:
You must have an uptodate channel list or bouquet on the reciever for sky uk as CrossEPG / Open TV reads data from radio channel on sky uk frequency 11778, without this it won't work.

Ok, after setting up CrossEPG on my Edision OS mini box , I did a scan, and it found loads of sky channels with program information in the listing. Now when I select , say Movies, and then epg, the channels don't appear, in as I have a blank screen.

Is this because I don't have an upto date channel list, and if so where or how do I get one.

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 10:54
Did you run ABM? It makes the "channel list" for you.

Post a picture of what you are seeing

avalon65
15-12-16, 11:17
As far as I know I ran ABM and yes it looks like a 'channel list'.

The first picture shows sky movies and program information, and the 2nd picture shows a blank screen when I select epg from the Movies section.

I have just followed this video : How-to-setup-AutobouquetsMaker-for-FreeSat-UK-using-OpenViX, and again there are all the sky channels in a listing but when I select epg, nothing shows up.

john doe
15-12-16, 11:21
looks like channels are there

are you downloading the epg to the flash drive of box or external HDD. if exteral HDD have you formatted it and mounted it

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 11:35
What do you mean by "EPG"?

Explain how you are doing this? "I select epg from the Movies section." Restart the receiver and then list every button press you are making.

Not being pedantic for the sake of it, but helps to be in your shoes in order to help you.

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 11:39
In post 8. There are several links for you. Reconsider applying the guidance in the third one.

avalon65
15-12-16, 13:38
I switched the satellite box off then back on again, and after or while booting, there were digits in the display, and then the time came on. The digits were like 3302, as an example.
I then pressed the TV button on the remote, and the channels were listed. I went into setup from the menu button , service searching, abm, providers, then exit out of prividers, then select scan. After scan was complete, exited out of the setup/menu, pressed the TV button on remote, selected sky movies from the list, the pressed the epg button on the remote.

avalon65
15-12-16, 13:40
I switched the satellite box off then back on again, and after or while booting, there were digits in the display, and then the time came on. The digits were like 3302, as an example.
I then pressed the TV button on the remote, and the channels were listed. I went into setup from the menu button , service searching, abm, providers, then exit out of prividers, then select scan. After scan was complete, exited out of the setup/menu, pressed the TV button on remote, selected sky movies from the list, the pressed the epg button on the remote.

Regarding the 3rd link in post #8, I changed the are from London to West Yorkshire, before I selected scan

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 13:49
Which did you select? West Yorkshire SD, West Yorkshire HD or West Yorkshire Custom. If not the custom one, select it and run ABM again.

The Movies bouquet/folder/category/genre/group won't have EPG.
The individual channels in there will have EPG data.

One way to select a channel...
Press the TV button.
Select the bouquet/folder/category/genre/group you want
Select the channel you want

Another way to select a channel...
Press EPG (this will open the graphical EPG based on the last bouquet you selected)
Press the TV button.
Select the bouquet/folder/category/genre/group you want
Select the channel you want

avalon65
15-12-16, 14:21
In the providers list FreeSAT is England HD West Yorkshire, but SkyUK is North West Yorshire SD. All of the sky areas are showing as SD, so is there a way to change to HD.

I appreciate you saying how to select channels, and it is the 2nd option you give that I have been doing, but there is the problem, no tv listing are shown as the screen is blank.

(I'm going to pring the ViX manual later when I have a bit more time)

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 14:26
You cannot watch almost all Sky HD channels. Select west Yorkshire Custom, this will remove the unavailable HD channels for you. Do not select Not SD or HD!

There is no need for Freesat, almost all those those channels will be in the Sky bouquets. Best to disable it or make it second provider.

avalon65
15-12-16, 16:09
When West Yorkshire custom was selected, and I then selected a scan, but an error message appeared on the screen saying it could not read the data. I changed the provider to Atherston HD, which it was set to inially, but no sky movie epg, and even when I select a specific movie from the TV listing it won't play. All the Free chanels will play and I get an epg display for them, but not any others.

I have changed the provider to North Yorkshire custom now and is still the same.

john doe
15-12-16, 16:54
When West Yorkshire custom was selected, and I then selected a scan, but an error message appeared on the screen saying it could not read the data. I changed the provider to Atherston HD, which it was set to inially, but no sky movie epg, and even when I select a specific movie from the TV listing it won't play. All the Free chanels will play and I get an epg display for them, but not any others.

I have changed the provider to North Yorkshire custom now and is still the same.

I would start for the beginning with epg. you never answered what method you are saving epg (HDD, internal flash ???)

if you not getting paid channels to work, then this depends on your local card.

avalon65
15-12-16, 17:05
Apologies , I forgot about the epg saving. It is save to a prepared 32gb usb stick which I plugged in before anything else.

How do you mean, start with the epg? How would I do that; setup or something else.
What do you mean about the local card, as I don't have a card of any description, and never had sky tv at all.

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 17:08
Her is better off dealing with one thing at a time and not jumping between issues. He is better off sorting out his bouquets first.

EPG data will show irrespective of whether you can decrypt a channel or not. The EPG ecosystem loads up using the bouquet system.The Freesat and EIT EPG readers are enabled by default. This is why his free channels have EPG data. The OpenTV EPG (what Sky channels use) needs work.

I posted links for him to read and action. There is no logical and linear response and he is going from one topic to another.

john doe
15-12-16, 17:11
Apologies , I forgot about the epg saving. It is save to a prepared 32gb usb stick which I plugged in before anything else
How do you mean, start with the epg? How would I do that; setup or something else.

unplug usb and format it to fat32, plug off receiver and put usb in. switch box on, once on mount usb. then download epg to the usb.
What do you mean about the local card, as I don't have a card of any description, and never had sky tv at all.

have you mounted the usb drive or just plugged it in?

unplug usb and format it to fat32, switch off receiver and put usb in. switch box on, once on, mount usb. then download epg to the usb.

are you just wanting to view freeview or wanting all channels? if you wanting all channels then you need a sky card

see post 27

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 17:24
I appreciate you saying how to select channels, and it is the 2nd option you give that I have been doing, but there is the problem, no tv listing are shown as the screen is blank.

For time being use option 1 to select your channels.

avalon65
15-12-16, 17:31
In post #5 of the Channels and Bouquets the top pic shows no program data , and the bottom one shows program data. I'm guessing that one pic is is Entertainment Bouquet and the other is HD Bouquet , so which one is whch because my suituation is like the to pic, and want to see if I can get like the bottom one.

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 17:48
In post #5 of the Channels and Bouquets the top pic shows no program data , and the bottom one shows program data. I'm guessing that one pic is is Entertainment Bouquet and the other is HD Bouquet , so which one is whch because my suituation is like the to pic, and want to see if I can get like the bottom one.

In post 15, one picture shows you in the movies bouquet. The channels are shown with EPG data.

The other picture also shows you in the movies bouquet. It tells you that at the top. You are pressing buttons to get to that screen, but you are not saying what.

I switched the satellite box off then back on again, and after or while booting

If you do that with the rocker switch instead of restarting it in the menu, the EPG data is not stored to the storage device.

I am going to leave this thread before I cause upset, that is not my intention. You have a few issues with your setup. If you want help to solve them, do one thing at a time. Post exactly what you are doing, what you do not understand, where you get stuck.

Good luck.

avalon65
15-12-16, 17:59
I think I am getting somewhere now!

If I press the TV button to get a listing of channels?? then press the epg button, I don't get a graphical display of channels, it says it is loading but nothing happens. So now I found that if I choose a Free channel, say BBC1 and watch it, then press the TV button, I get a graphical display with the channels showing.

Now as I have previously mentioned, I am not getting any sky movies or sky Atlantic , and even though there looks to be a reasonable signal in the listing of sky movies, even when I select a movie it doesn't play.
What am I missing here, as the movies is in the listing but won't play, why.
Is it because I don't have a card for sky or do I need to get back to the satellite people who put the dish and cables up for me.

Thanks

avalon65
15-12-16, 18:03
No you are not causing any upset at all, as it is me that is not just getting something, which could be so simple.

I will have a read of the ViX manual later

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 18:08
Forget the EPG button. Get it out of your head.

Get to grips with navigating between bouquets first.