PDA

View Full Version : Help new Mutant owner

JIZZSTER
14-12-16, 13:35
Ok taken the plunge ordered my HD51 from WOS... Are there any idiots guides from start to finish...??? I dont know about oscam and can I use DDC ?? Im not a total novice set up a duo 6years ago but rusty... Be gentle please

Thsnk you

Willmoore
14-12-16, 16:12
If you are familiar with Vix and you have set up a Duo then the Mutant will not be a problem. Oscam on the other hand will be a new learning curve :eek:

JIZZSTER
14-12-16, 16:44
The box is being flashed with latest VIX by WOS so one less job ... what next ......PC or box I used DCC is this still ok or do I convert to something like filezilla?

thanks

twol
14-12-16, 18:19
I would change to filezilla :)

john doe
14-12-16, 18:23
FileZilla is better. start learning oscam ready for the headache.

bobi
14-12-16, 18:51
If you get the Vix then either download softcam from feeds or just install an ipk file via the ftp / filezila

cheers

bobi

JIZZSTER
15-12-16, 00:07
oscam scaring me to be honest

pesser
15-12-16, 00:13
so close to buying the mutant just couple more questions

can i put in my western digital 2tb my passport ultra hhd in it. Also whats the best flash image for it, four options: factory default, OpenVIX, OpenPLI and OpenATV ?

also as im cable only what tuner types should i go with currently thinking of both tuners as hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 or should i have the second tuner as satellite DVB-S/S2 ?

Andy_Hazza
15-12-16, 06:18
so close to buying the mutant just couple more questions

can i put in my western digital 2tb my passport ultra hhd in it. Also whats the best flash image for it, four options: factory default, OpenVIX, OpenPLI and OpenATV ?

also as im cable only what tuner types should i go with currently thinking of both tuners as hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 or should i have the second tuner as satellite DVB-S/S2 ?

You should be fine with the WD 2TB HDD, you will just need to initialise it to ext4 when up n running.
I would personally go with OpenViX, by far the best image, but try them all if you like and see which one you prefer.
As you are cable I would just stick to both cable tuners so it gives you the freedom to record a channel and watch another etc.
Just remember, the Mut@nt HD51 is an ARM based processor so you can only use Oscam (softcam), it is by far the best softcam to use and it it constantly being maintained and regularly updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wezzy
15-12-16, 17:10
can you only use oscam with this reciever? dosent mgcam or ccam work or is this in the future with it being fairly new

john doe
15-12-16, 17:16
can you only use oscam with this reciever? dosent mgcam or ccam work or is this in the future with it being fairly new

you can only use oscam with this box. there is suggestions that mgcamd ARM that works on ARM boxes but needs setting up. not sure how though. it seems to work on blackhole fine from what I have read, not sure if anyone has managed to work it on openvix

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 17:19
nobody's tried recently. IIRC, we did add the legacy ssl stuff though

twol
15-12-16, 17:23
Well oscam is the way to go and is still being updated.
However, whilst flipping between images on my hd51 today I did notice that OpenATV have both Oscam and Mgcamd 1.35a in their list of downloadable softcams.
Couldn,t tell you if it works etc etc as I have only used Oscam:)

john doe
15-12-16, 17:29
Well oscam is the way to go and is still being updated.
However, whilst flipping between images on my hd51 today I did notice that OpenATV have both Oscam and Mgcamd 1.35a in their list of downloadable softcams.
Couldn,t tell you if it works etc etc as I have only used Oscam:)

time will tell with mgcamd

pesser
15-12-16, 18:33
well i ordered one today should arrive tomorrow went with OpenVIX with both tuners being hybrid DVB-C/T/T2

diabolik2000
16-12-16, 15:12
Hi, I'm new, a salute to ALL of you ......
I have a problem with FileZilla,

I can not connect it to the decoder MUTANT HD51,
What should I put in the settings to connect?
HOST = IP -OK
User = root?
password =
port =
Thanks to those who will want to help ....

PS: scusate per la traduzione di Google :confused:

Andy_Hazza
16-12-16, 15:17
Host is you ip addy e.g. 192.168.x.xx
User is; root (case sensitive and is all in lowercase)
Password is; blank (default) I.e. blank as in nothing typed.

Ashley69
16-12-16, 15:47
Port:21 is the one for FTP

diabolik2000
16-12-16, 22:12
Hi,

which Oscam must install on hd 51
where there is oscam-config for c-line?
thank you

abu baniaz
16-12-16, 22:32
Hi,

which Oscam must install on hd 51
where there is oscam-config for c-line?
thank you

we don't do c-line talk here

spr0gg
18-12-16, 11:06
Hi, is it possible to schedule a service scan to run overnight on the mutant hd51 on openatv image, if possible using a plugin or a cron timer etc.

Thanks
Spr0gg

twol
18-12-16, 12:03
Why service scan? ..... if you schedule ABM (standard on ViX, plugin -I think - on OpenATV) you will get updated bouquets and services......

pesser
18-12-16, 12:17
hello again right all connected now. I am complete and utter noob and i am really paranoid about bricking the box. how do i know if i need a N or C line ? have single feed from VM. SO CONFUSED

Andy_Hazza
18-12-16, 12:22
hello again right all connected now. I am complete and utter noob and i am really paranoid about bricking the box. how do i know if i need a N or C line ? have single feed from VM. SO CONFUSED

Please go back and re read the forum rules you SIGNED up to when you registered. You know full well no line talk, no card sharing talk is permitted on this forum, so go elsewhere if thats what you want.

pesser
18-12-16, 12:25
sorry can you delete post

Andy_Hazza
18-12-16, 12:29
Just be mindful n careful thats all, you're not the first n you won't be the last either.

irishbiker
18-12-16, 14:51
Instead of using FTP/DCC why not just switch on Samba (under network) and then its a simple case of drag and drop. The Mutant will pop up on your list of network devices on your windoze machine.

nileshpateluk
26-12-16, 22:49
I enabled Samba on my HD51, but it did not show in network places.

Instead I just went to Start --> Run and typed \\IPADDRESSOFBOX.

Then the folders appeared in a window.

I'm using windows 10 pro 64-bit, Would love to know how I can see it under NETWORK automatically.

Thanks.

cactikid
27-12-16, 00:42
samba was an old program but i use nfs on all my boxes and running a network browser sees them listed with ip addy,maybe new pc has to run samba?

ccs
27-12-16, 11:41
I enabled Samba on my HD51, but it did not show in network places.

Instead I just went to Start --> Run and typed \\IPADDRESSOFBOX.

Then the folders appeared in a window.

I'm using windows 10 pro 64-bit, Would love to know how I can see it under NETWORK automatically.

Thanks.You may have "network discovery" turned off on you windows pc.

Ask me anything - network discovery - change wifi settings - advanced sharing options

nileshpateluk
27-12-16, 21:14
You may have "network discovery" turned off on you windows pc.

Ask me anything - network discovery - change wifi settings - advanced sharing options

Hi,

Its all switched on, I can see all other devices on my network, just not the Mutant !