PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo cannot FTP through DCC

Willman
13-12-16, 19:14
Hi guys

I'd appreciate some help if anyone can please

I am a real beginner with this stuff but I've had a VU+Duo for about 6 months with Blackhole and no problems. Now after flashing OpenVix image I just cannot connect or transfer anything via DCC (I'm trying to install CCCam)

Although DCC finds my VUBox, it just will not now find/connect with my router no matter what I try and so I cannot transfer any files

Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

Thanks

john doe
13-12-16, 19:17
if you have flashed openvix then go to the plugins and download from there. once done hit blue button and go to softcam manager and activate.

restart router and then restart box, or try something like FileZilla or similar to see if problem persists

dbmx
13-12-16, 19:17
have you got ip address of router

Bazzer
13-12-16, 19:23
Download Filezilla . Enter ip address of your box in host and then enter root as password hit quick connect job done:thumbsup:

Willman
13-12-16, 19:24
Thanks John Doe for the quick reply

Done that now but when I hit blue button and try and activate, message reads "No config files found, please set up CCcam first in/etc/CCcam.cfg

Willman
13-12-16, 19:24
"have you got ip address of router"

Yes but DCC still wont see it

john doe
13-12-16, 19:26
Thanks John Doe for the quick reply

Done that now but when I hit blue button and try and activate, message reads "No config files found, please set up CCcam first in/etc/CCcam.cfg

you need to setup your config file for local card to read from the softcam.

Willman
13-12-16, 19:29
Download Filezilla . Enter ip address of your box in host and then enter root as password hit quick connect job done:thumbsup:

I've never used Filezilla. Is there a user guide anywhere please?

Willman
13-12-16, 19:30
you need to setup your config file for local card to read from the softcam.

Thanks mate - that's double dutch to me :(

john doe
13-12-16, 19:33

google it. similar to DCC you can ftp into box. simple to use

Bazzer
13-12-16, 19:33

It's quite easy I would see if you can connect to your box first. All files will appear on the right hand side then transfer your own files to where ever you need to put them

john doe
13-12-16, 19:49
Thanks mate - that's double dutch to me :(

it was double dutch to all of us at some point or another

Willman
13-12-16, 20:35
it was double dutch to all of us at some point or another

Yes mate - that's why I thought I'd ask for a bit of help on a dedicated forum ;)

Bazzer
13-12-16, 21:50
Yes mate - that's why I thought I'd ask for a bit of help on a dedicated forum ;)

So have you tried Filezilla yet need to know if you can connect to your box ?
Let's try and get that problem sorted first

Willman
13-12-16, 22:48
So have you tried Filezilla yet need to know if you can connect to your box ?
Let's try and get that problem sorted first

Cheers Bazzer but it was driving me nuts. I've used DCC loads over the last few months with no probs. I'm sure Filezilla is easy when you know how but I didn't know the layout and was worried about putting something where it didn't belong and causing even more problems. I've actually reinstalled Black Hole now and DCC jumped straight in no problem so I don't know what that was all about? Anyway, I'll stick with what I know for now - till I get adventurous again one day

Thanks anyway, much appreciated

johnrichard
14-12-16, 03:08
did you have ftp with green light in your os regards john

Willman
14-12-16, 10:06
did you have ftp with green light in your os regards john

Thanks for the reply but I'm not exactly sure what you mean john?
The DCC connected with my VU box but just would not connect to my router for some reason. It showed up when I searched but simply would not connect. Anyway, I've gone back to where I was originally now (Blackhole) so problem solved - for now at least

Thanks again

techygirl
15-12-16, 15:04
I use DCC and have found recently, on the connection screen it show the line to my router in red but I can still go to the FTP page and use it normally. (FTP Connected and Telnet Connected both have green against them at the bottom.)

abu baniaz
15-12-16, 15:09
An older version works fine. I believe version 1.41.

Alternatively use:
Notepad++ as the default text editor
Filezilla for transfers
Putty for issuing commands

Willman
15-12-16, 15:23
Thanks guys for the additional replies

I did actually try that techygirl and it seemed to work but when I rebooted nothing had transferred.

What is even more confusing is that this only happened when I installed OpenVix. When I went back to B hole again everything starts working as it should again...?? Got me beat anyway

twol
15-12-16, 15:49
Choosing an image because of or lack of a tool such as DCC is beyond me, don,t people like a little challenge to learn alternative means? :)

BRAVEHEART
16-12-16, 05:58
i prefer DCC too for all my 2p's input is worth. be great if they updated it though or someone did.