PDA

View Full Version : Please help new box advice

JIZZSTER
13-12-16, 17:38
Guys firstly for repeating previous posts about buying the new receiver but im a little unsure and want to get this right. My Duo died a couple weeks ago so im in the market for a ne box and been out of the market for 5-6 years so im quite excited bout this new box. I initally thought a Solo 2 but can I use my old 3.5 HD from my old Duo this and not having to pay for a wifi as its built into a Duo 2 makes very little difference in price so I might go for a Duo looking at processor specs etc looks very similar specs. Only thing holding me back is the Solo 2 and Duo2 seem both older machines now and am I buying old tech soon to be phased out??? I know and been advised about Mutant HD51 and Solo 4K however both my Tvs I bought about 18months ago were not cheap and neither 4k and in reality I wont replace for 2-3 years...are there any other advantages of the new machines that would make them worthwhile with1080p with a view to obtain 4k at a later date??

Please any advice welcome

many thanks

Stanman
13-12-16, 18:54
Solo2 is 2.5 HDD.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

JIZZSTER
13-12-16, 19:02
yes stanman I was referring to Duo2 ...I could use my 3.5 in a duo2 which brigs the price in a bit

john doe
13-12-16, 19:05
you can purchase a HDD docking station and slot in your 3.5hdd if you go for a solo2/duo2. the mutant 4k is a better box than solo2 and should make no difference if you have a 4k tv or not.

JIZZSTER
13-12-16, 19:10
is there as much support for the mutant as there is for the vu+

john doe
13-12-16, 19:19

yes, plenty support here. please seem to be raving about them.

twol
13-12-16, 19:41

Yes, there is support for both, and even from Mutant, whereas Vu+ are still reading the dictionary to see what the word means:)