PDA

View Full Version : Solo 4k crashing and stuck at boot?

neo1607
11-12-16, 17:31
Had the box for a few months, been working perfect, up until this time last week, the box crashed and jammed on the crash screen, had to manually reboot the box using the power switch at the back, the box got stuck at the VU+ logo and wouldn't boot any further, no network access or anything only way to get it back on was to reflash the latest openvix image.

It has happened again twice this week, and actually happened 4 times today, I can't seem to pinpoint the problem, of course with having to reflash the box each time it does not save the error logs

It seems to vary between either oscam failing or python twisted failing, it has only started happening this week, can anyone else advise what to do? I thought it was maybe the skin i was using v1.7 SkyQ skin by Chababu but even just using the default skin it's doing it as well. Starting to get annoyed that im having so much bother in the space of a week with a £350 box yet my Technomate Nano 3T hasn't crashed in over 6 months

twol
11-12-16, 17:33
Save the logs on hdd or usb not flash then post the Logs, logs........logs:)

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 17:41
Even when receiver does not start, you can start it in console mode and have it save debug logs.

You will find it here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

init 4 && enigma2 &> /media/hdd/logs/Enigma2_debug_$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S).log

neo1607
11-12-16, 17:48
Doesn't seem to have any network activity when it's stuck at boot so it won't let me connect via console.

Also when i re-flash the image from USB it seems to wipe the hard drive each time as well? which is new coz it's never done that before with either my Nano 3T or my Solo2, unless I unplug the hdd before i re-flash

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 17:50
Doesn't seem to have any network activity when it's stuck at boot so it won't let me connect via console.

Also when i re-flash the image from USB it seems to wipe the hard drive each time as well? which is new coz it's never done that before with either my Nano 3T or my Solo2, unless I unplug the hdd before i re-flash

This is not possible. Nothing gets wiped on HDD/USB during an image install.

Your devices are mounting differently.

neo1607
11-12-16, 17:53
Nah i've checked, I don't get it either, but there was recordings saved on the hdd, also I had picons and channel preview picons both on the hdd, reflashed the box and the hdd is blank

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 17:57
When you talk about HDD, are you referring to a mount or device? The receiver looks at mounts.

How many storage devices ( USB flash drive, external HDD etc) have you got attached to the receiver.

neo1607
11-12-16, 18:03
When you talk about HDD, are you referring to a mount or device? The receiver looks at mounts.

How many storage devices ( USB flash drive, external HDD etc) have you got attached to the receiver.

Only one storage device the hard drive that's mounted via the hotswap bay in the back.

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 18:06
Only one storage device the hard drive that's mounted via the hotswap bay in the back.

You are mixing things up. It is connected using the hotswap bay at the back.

I suggest you flash the receiver again and do not install any skins/plugins that alter system files. If you think the flashing process wipes your HDD, shut down the receiver, remove the HDD and then flash it.
After flashing is completed, shut down the receiver, remove USB and connect the HDD.

birdman
11-12-16, 18:13
Nah i've checked, I don't get it either, but there was recordings saved on the hdd, also I had picons and channel preview picons both on the hdd, reflashed the box and the hdd is blankDid you remove the USB flash stick? If you left it in it may have been detected first and confused the hdd mounting.

neo1607
11-12-16, 18:39
Ok refreshed it, enabled log manager, only thing I've done is set ABM and downloaded oscam-latest, apart from that everything else is stock, let's see how long it lasts

neo1607
11-12-16, 18:59
How is Enigma 2 with IPTV bouquets? It seemed to crash more after installing that, I'm wondering if it can't handle them too well

twol
11-12-16, 19:02
How is Enigma 2 with IPTV bouquets? It seemed to crash more after installing that, I'm wondering if it can't handle them too well
Installing iptv bouquets are a plugin?

neo1607
11-12-16, 19:56
Ok lasted less than 15mins that time before crashing again, tried to telnet into the box, it refused connections, i switched off the box, removed hdd, rebooted, reflashed, put hdd back in and went to check logs, it didn't save any. However i did take a pic of the error before i switched it off.

twol
11-12-16, 20:00
Ok lasted less than 15mins that time before crashing again, tried to telnet into the box, it refused connections, i switched off the box, removed hdd, rebooted, reflashed, put hdd back in and went to check logs, it didn't save any. However i did take a pic of the error before i switched it off.

51678because you have the logs in flash ... please go to setup and change to hdd, before installing oscam.
In fact see if it will run for an hour without softcam but run abm and then assuming it stays up install oscam and required files.

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 20:22
What are you using to "telnet" to receiver.
Did you install anything else?
Can you still connect to receiver and FTP?
If you are using DCC, please say so.

neo1607
11-12-16, 20:30
Logs are set to hdd, even rebooted to confirm the change as it said.

Tried using mobile telnet app off my phone and Putty on my laptop neither can connect to it after it crashes

neo1607
11-12-16, 20:34
This is another crash from earlier today, different error this time, dunno if that helps any

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 20:39
Are you going to answer the question about FTP and other items installed?

twol
11-12-16, 21:00
Both crashes are different, but show as in /tmp not on hdd......... strange

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 21:05
There were posts pointing to same crash some time back. There was a quick solution by Birdman

neo1607
11-12-16, 21:40
Can't connect to FTP or anything after it crashes, there is no network activity on the box, it's pretty much unusable apart from re-flashing

There is nothing else installed, I have tried the box from a fresh install, the only thing i configure is ABM and CrossEPG, then i move my oscam configs onto the box, download oscam (have tried both latest and pcscd), the box works ok for anything between 10mins and 30mins before crashing.

What I don't understand is why it's suddenly doing it now, the box worked fine for months and nothing was altered then after the initial crash last week it is now a regular thing, Im used to E2 boxes crashing but not where they refuse to boot again afterwards without a reflash

There were posts pointing to same crash some time back. There was a quick solution by Birdman

The solution by birdman to remove the memory stick wouldn't have affected anything, there was no memory stick inserted, it was removed as soon as the flash completed, the only storage is the flash memory on the box and the hard drive

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 21:53
You are referring to HDD mount issues after flashing.

I am referring to something else. I'd post a link if I could find the posts. I'm pretty sure Birdman will post link to it after seeing this.

DaMacFunkin
11-12-16, 22:11
Have you ever run another e2 image on the box?
I had solo4k from release when there was no VIX, so my hard drive was initialised and formatted by VTi and maybe again by blackhole.
I had lots of hard drive problems and some crashes caused by the hard drive randomly re-mounting at media/sda and media/sdb till I removed the hard drive, reflashed with no hard drive attached, deleted the partion in and formatted in a PC, then reattached hard drive, and initialised from fresh in VIX then converted to ext4.
Since then my hard drive mounts correctly as media/hdd and I've had no further problems.

judge
12-12-16, 02:28
Where are you installing your cam from?
Also sounds like a solo2 clone issue...

birdman
12-12-16, 02:37
because you have the logs in flashGood spot.
My suspicion is that as a result of this you end up filling up your flash.
This might explain why it can't find /tmp/cam.check.log (it had run out of space to create it?).
It might also explain why it can't find /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0.

Do you have USB stick on the box permanently? If so, configure your logs to /media/usb. If not, configure them to /media/hdd.

neo1607
12-12-16, 10:11
I only started enabling the logs after it started crashing, unless oscam is filling the flash with logs?

There is no USB permanently attached only the hdd

And it shouldn't be a clone issue as I bought the box direct from WOS, is it possible the flash memory is maybe damaged? Maybe worth seeing about a RMA on the box coz it's less than 3 months old

twol
12-12-16, 10:26
As it seems to log to flash and you have said earlier that you have set logging to hdd, can only think it doesn,t recognise the hdd.
Why don,t you use a usb stick for logs while the issue is resolved..... I don,t see the flash being "damaged".
So I would reflash, setup logs to usb, restart without doing anything else then run abm and see if the box holds up.
Then add the softcam etc ...... a step at a time.:)