PDA

View Full Version : New box. Now I need a beginners guide!

Bodmass
11-12-16, 17:19
OK, Just got the twin satellite box yesterday from WoS with OpenVix.

Now, what the hell do I do with it? I've scanned for channels (971 listed when I do) & got it online but where's the beginners set-up guide?

Managed to get it to receive a few channels, but for example, I only have BBC1 Scotland! The EPG makes no sense to me, it's in no order, only a few channels have listings and I can't even find most basic channels listed in it.

I have no bloody idea what I'm doing. I've found a youtube video that might as well be for a different box!

Frankly, I bought this on the expectation of there being a WoS support forum for this sort of stuff & instead I have a brick with no instructions as to what to do with it. :confused::confused:

Any good guides out there anywhere?

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 17:48
Look in the guides, image support section and Vix manual. Most things are there.

silverblack
11-12-16, 18:19
You can follow the guides for other boxes if they are using Openvix software as the menus etc will be the same.

kryton
11-12-16, 18:21
Frankly, I bought this on the expectation of there being a WoS support forum for this sort of stuff & instead I have a brick with no instructions as to what to do with it. :confused::confused:

That depends on what you exactly mean?
If your expecting help on card share then it wont happen here.
It's illeagle and WOS do not or will not support boxes bought by them for such activities.
boxes bought from WOS are not plug and play, you need to do a bit of research for yourself.
There are plenty of guides on the web for such things though.

everything else you need to know can be found right here. theres plenty of guides and posts to help you set up your new box.

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 18:22
You can follow the guides for other boxes if they are using Openvix software as the menus etc will be the same.
This is why we ask people to post in the image support section.

The receiver section should only be used for hardware/receiver specific issues IMO.

Bodmass
11-12-16, 18:29
OK. So I've found the Vix guide which is proving quite useful :)

Frankly, I didn't even realise that the whole software package was Vix rather than Edison! See even that is useful to the sad noob!

Yeah - I do know I need to go elsewhere for 'card share' issues, I'm just trying to figure out the basics before I go there :)

edit: Is it just me or is there no secondary line out possibilities with this box? (I run a 2nd (RF) line to my bedroom off Sky at the moment)

bmitie
13-12-16, 21:36
No what you are referring is is RF out, that is old hat now. And you will notice scart is gone as well. Openvix is easy and just get to know all the controles, ie colour buttons etc.