PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] IDreamx no longer sees box (Mac)

George Kildare
11-12-16, 13:44
(I realise that this is not the place in the forum to discuss a problem with IDreamX, but it is an essential tool for me in maintaining my Open Vix system and I cannot find another obvious forum to post. Sorry about that. Please let me know if there is a better place.)

I am Mac-dependant and have been using IDreamX (V3.0.18) as the software for controlling bouquets and settings on my Xtrend ET10000 for more than a year. It is fantastic software and I am very grateful to its creator.
Recently I acquired a second box (Xtrend ET 7000) that I use as a client to the ET10000 server. This all works well. I can use the client to watch channels from the bouquets of my server.

However, a problem has developed with IDreamx. Although IDreamx V 3.0.18 accepts multiple boxes, for some reason IDreamX has stopped seeing my ET10000 server, but can connect with my ET7000 client. Both are on the same LAN. I have tried everything I can think of - rebooting both boxes removing both boxes from IDreamX and re-searching and disconnecting my ET7000 client from the network, inputting the IP number of the ET10000 directly, but nothing seems to work. I get the message "Check IP / Port !- Is a Web Interface installed on that box ?" It must be because my ET7000 client can see programmes from it and I can see the IP of the ET10000 box on the network with my Mac.

Has anybody any suggestions?

Many thanks.

PS. IDreamx is freeware. However, I would be willing to pay for it. It is an essential tool for us Mac-Enigma2 users.

twol
11-12-16, 13:53
Can you specify ip addresses in idreamx? If so and you have,nt done so previously change both to static ip addresses .. so you know where the boxes are and try again.

George Kildare
11-12-16, 16:42
Many thanks.

I have checked and entered the IP address under preferences/boxes, but that doesn't work. There is also an option to search for all boxes on the network, but this doesn't find it either.
However, I have just also installed IDreamx on my Macbook Air laptop that is attached to my WiFi WAN on the same network. For some reason I can see the ET10000 and import settings from the it on the Macbook Air, but not on my Imac.