PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo 4k coming soon

john doe
11-12-16, 12:55
the ultimo4k is coming out this month. some shop

STOCK DUE FOR PRE-XMAS DELIVERY, EXACT DATE TO BE CONFIRMED

Limited images. I noticed on the last openvix update 021 that Ultimo4k was listed

Roll on.

DaMacFunkin
11-12-16, 13:43
Well I contacted the sponsor last week asking when they hoped to start taking pre orders, I also contact some shop, wos stated they might put up a slate on Monday (6 days ago) for pre orders and some shop just replied when they had more info dear.
Fortunately for me I'm not so laid back and pre-ordered from that shop in Germany and given what I read on VTi I expect to have mine Thursday / Friday.
Ordered the dvb-s2 FBC / dev-c FBC version, I've already got a dual T2 tuner and 3tb WD red drive sat here waiting.
Now really roll on.

twol
11-12-16, 13:44
At those prices, hopefully not an expensive Xmas Turkey:)

john doe
11-12-16, 14:00
At those prices, hopefully not an expensive Xmas Turkey:)

very true. people may hold of buying, due to issues with the solo 4k.

Huevos
11-12-16, 14:27
What issues?

john doe
11-12-16, 15:09
What issues?

driver issues

Trial
11-12-16, 18:45
Hi,
I know no show stopper issues. What issues do you mean? I have a Solo4K and ordered the Ultimo4K.

ciao

duoduo
11-12-16, 22:01
How much have you paid for this setup buddy? I am also keen to purchase with the same tuner options.

DaMacFunkin
11-12-16, 22:18
After euro to pounds conversion it was just under £550 delivered.
I can't wait, although I hope they don't deliver as early as Wednesday has I'm having a long awaited surgical procedure :(
@twol, I think I was the first on here to have solo4k when there was only VTi image and I managed, it also learned me a lot and I didn't regret it, the UNO4K can run chromium, I'm really hopeful we will be able to run Netflix on it :cool:

twol
11-12-16, 22:24
I can't wait, although I hope they don't deliver as early as Wednesday has I'm having a long awaited surgical procedure :(
@twol, I think I was the first on here to have solo4k when there was only VTi image and I managed, it also learned me a lot and I didn't regret it, the UNO4K can run chromium, I'm really hopeful we will be able to run Netflix on it :cool:
Yep, totally understand and agree with your 2nd point, but you have to be prepared for some frustration as well as improving your knowledge of these receivers .... but some of these guys jump in feet 1st without thinking it through:)

Comfysofa
11-12-16, 22:37
3tb red drive... It's a 2.5" isn't it (unless the drive bay is 3.5) but I did read it was 2.5...i may be wrong though... By the way I've got a solo 4k and I've not had any issues...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

rossi2000
11-12-16, 23:04
it will take both size hdds

DaMacFunkin
11-12-16, 23:45
To anybody else thinking of getting the configuration i have ordered, on some shop the picture shows the DVB-S2 FBC tuner in slot A and the DVB-C FBC tuner in Slot B with C blank, i have read (my German isn't great) that the DVB-C FBC tuner only works in Slot A, whilst DVB-S2 FBC tuner will work in A and / or B. (C is obviously for none FBC tuners only). If that is true then it means you can't have 2 FBC cable tuners, not that i think you would need 2. Also, yes the unit takes 3.5 inch drives and is passively cooled with an external power brick.
Let the knowledge begin.

DaMacFunkin
11-12-16, 23:51

I obviously meant that the Ultimo 4k can run chromium, got carried away, not sure about the Uno4k or Solo4k, i'm sure there has just been updates to their web browser software as well as updates for HDR... now is this for Streaming content or for Satellite reception...? Exciting times if it is for Satellite HDR reception.

judge
12-12-16, 02:22
I'm really hopeful we will be able to run Netflix on it :cool:

Pretty sure VU+ would be advertising Netflix compatibility if it had it.

Trial
12-12-16, 10:04
Hi,
Solo4K also uses Chromium as basis for HbbTV and WebBrowser. I never heard anyone saying that netflix works. What I read is that HDMI in should be quite free in handling signals from Fire TV and similar but this was only from one source as the box is not available yet.

Ralf

twol
12-12-16, 10:19
Hi,
Solo4K also uses Chromium as basis for HbbTV and WebBrowser. I never heard anyone saying that netflix works. What I read is that HDMI in should be quite free in handling signals from Fire TV and similar but this was only from one source as the box is not available yet.
Ralf

Of the boxes so far that use hdmi in, it has been normal to have to use a hdmi switch between the source box and the hmdi in.

john doe
12-12-16, 10:31
Hi,
I know no show stopper issues. What issues do you mean? I have a Solo4K and ordered the Ultimo4K.

ciao

I saw post (or more) on here with peeps complaining, saying there was issues with the drivers. which look like this has been fixed

Trial
12-12-16, 13:21
Hi,
I know only one annoying driver error this has to do with switching frequency. There is a work around for this.

@twol,
my only source wrote that no HDMI switch is necessary but we will see/read in the next days I hope. btw. at least in Germany these "special" switches are not 100% legal.

ciao

twol
12-12-16, 14:04
Hi,
@twol,
my only source wrote that no HDMI switch is necessary but we will see/read in the next days I hope. btw. at least in Germany these "special" switches are not 100% legal.

Obviously I was only repeating information heard, I would never personally have had anything like that connected to my old ET10000 :)

Trial
12-12-16, 14:28
Hi,
like me:-)

Ralf

DaMacFunkin
12-12-16, 17:16
Hi,
I know only one annoying driver error this has to do with switching frequency. There is a work around for this.

@twol,

ciao

Hello, where do you get the fix for frequency switching?
Also there is the Fast forward rewind bug.
@Judge, i am just going of what i have read on other sites that Netflix now officially supports chromium for full resolution playback, if the box supports chromium it will happen, got to hasn't it?

Members of VTi forum report they have e-mails confirming their items will ship tomorrow, i contacted the shop and got this reply:

Hallo,

Ja, wird morgen versendet werden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best Regards

I'll take that as a yes then. :thumbsup:

twol
12-12-16, 17:31
Hello, where do you get the fix for frequency switching?
@Judge, i am just going of what i have read on other sites that Netflix now officially supports chromium for full resolution playback, if the box supports chromium it will happen, got to hasn't it?

Members of VTi forum report they have e-mails confirming their items will ship tomorrow, i contacted the shop and got this reply:

Hallo,

Ja, wird morgen versendet werden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best Regards

I'll take that as a yes then. :thumbsup:

Yep, shipped tomorrow ... hopefully they will email you a dhl tracking number (usual over here)

Comfysofa
12-12-16, 19:43
Whoever gets one... Can they do a review...? Pics of inside and all that...?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Trial
12-12-16, 20:53
Hi,
it is no fix for frequency it is a workaround. Jump forth and back and image should be there.

Ok I forgot the ff/fr bug as I do hardly use it.

I only got a mail from allyouneed stating it will arive until 4th of january. I hope it is only a standard mail from that mall.

ciao

rossi2000
12-12-16, 20:58
Netflix doenst work on vus chromium

Trial
13-12-16, 09:13
Hi,

I did some tests yesterday. Isn´t gstreamer responsible for recorded media? I used an image with gstreamer 1.64 and played with ff and fr a bit and found no problems there. I only have VU boxes so I cannot tell if other STBs behave different here.

ciao

DaMacFunkin
13-12-16, 10:21
You may be right about the gstreamer, it didn't used to have this problem, it used to work fine but I can't seem to get anybody interested in looking in to it.
P.S. My Ultimo 4K is marked as dispatched, no tracking number yet though.

Ev0
13-12-16, 11:48
£550 sounds pretty good for both dvb-s2 and dvb-c fbc tuners.

I paid nearly that much for my Ultimo with 3x dvb-s2 tuners almost 5 years ago (it was xmas eve).

rossi2000
13-12-16, 12:11
has it been that long ? jeeeeez :D

Ev0
13-12-16, 12:13
has it been that long ? jeeeeez :D

Yep, I bought mine 24th December 2011

bassethound
13-12-16, 13:44
£550 sounds pretty good for both dvb-s2 and dvb-c fbc tuners.

I paid nearly that much for my Ultimo with 3x dvb-s2 tuners almost 5 years ago (it was xmas eve).

Still using mine as my main box out lived my Vu+ Duo which died a couple of years back :thumbsup:

Ev0
13-12-16, 13:48
Still using mine as my main box out lived my Vu+ Duo which died a couple of years back :thumbsup:

Mine only gets used for testing these days.

I got spoilt and after using the Solo2 for a few weeks, I couldn't go back to the Ultimo as the main box as it was just too slow for me (strange thing was at the time, I didn't notice how much faster the Solo2 was when I went from Ultimo to Solo2, it was only when trying to go back to using the Ultimo).

Nitemare
13-12-16, 14:31
Hi Evo,
Would it be possible to take the 3.5" HDD from my Duo 2 and install into an Ultimo 4K without reformatting it and losing my recordings???

Cheers,
Nitemare.

Ev0
13-12-16, 14:40
Yes you would not need to reformat it, you can just install the hdd and it will work fine.

Nitemare
13-12-16, 14:46
Great excellent ... that'll save me a pound or two then!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Evo

DaMacFunkin
16-12-16, 11:19
Well my box has finally reached the Parcelforce International Hub in Coventry after over 3 days doing a tour of Germany via DHL? I thought the Germans where supposed to be super efficient, as someone who works in logistics i have a lot of dealings with DHL in the UK, they are painful TBH, i didn't think DHL Germany would be the same.
Now i'm at the mercy of Parcelforce (Jeez this gets worse).
To put all this into perspective when i ordered my Solo4k it arrived from Belgium, Store to Door via DPD in 41 Hours!!! All for 7 Euro's.
:mad:

john doe
16-12-16, 11:25
Well my box has finally reached the Parcelforce International Hub in Coventry after over 3 days doing a tour of Germany via DHL? I thought the Germans where supposed to be super efficient, as someone who works in logistics i have a lot of dealings with DHL in the UK, they are painful TBH, i didn't think DHL Germany would be the same.
To put all this into perspective when i ordered my Solo4k it arrived from Belgium, Store to Door via DPD in 41 Hours!!! All for 7 Euro's.

give us a review once you setup:thumbsup:

twol
16-12-16, 11:33
Must be Xmas ... normally I ship to UK (daughter/son) by DHL and it takes 2 days door to door (why Parcelforce? DHL is normally all DHL)
UK -> Germany is much looonger normally :)
However, have found that retailer doesn,t always actually pass to DHL (Deutsche Post) when they say .. often means its waiting for pickup!

Nitemare
16-12-16, 13:38

SNAP!! I too am waiting for my Box ... it did a trip round Germany too (with DHL) and now apparently its sitting at the Royal Mail National Hub in Coventry (since 07:37 yesterday - Thursday) ... then it has to get to me in Belfast via Stansted Airport and Titan Airways Royal Mail flights every night!!! Arggh!!! Come on Parcel Force!!! :(

Trial
16-12-16, 15:02
Hi,
it is worth waiting for:-)
Mine is only running for 2 hours. At the moment I transfer some films to the box with around 85MByte/sec:-)

ciao

Nitemare
16-12-16, 15:17
Hi,
it is worth waiting for:-)
Mine is only running for 2 hours. At the moment I transfer some films to the box with around 85MByte/sec:-)

ciao

Wow good for you ... enjoy!! :thumbsup: Now I really want mine to show up!!! lol

Can you shed any light on its performance, etc??

Thanks.

Trial
16-12-16, 19:04
Hi,
what do you expect? It feels a bit faster than Solo2 or Duo2 but not so much that you loose consciousness. It about same speed as my Solo4K.

ciao

twol
16-12-16, 19:56
Hi,
what do you expect? It feels a bit faster than Solo2 or Duo2 but not so much that you loose consciousness. It about same speed as my Solo4K.

ciao
Which I guess it should be based on the chip:)

DaMacFunkin
16-12-16, 23:43

SNAP!! I too am waiting for my Box ... it did a trip round Germany too (with DHL) and now apparently its sitting at the Royal Mail National Hub in Coventry (since 07:37 yesterday - Thursday) ... then it has to get to me in Belfast via Stansted Airport and Titan Airways Royal Mail flights every night!!! Arggh!!! Come on Parcel Force!!! :(

I feel you, like i said i work in logistics and why it didn't go from Regensburg to Köln is beyond me, it wasted nearly 2 days by being buffeted to Bielefeld, a DHL hub which if you Google, lots of German people complain about.
Even if the box makes it to Liverpool during the night, them lazy buggers won't attempt to deliver it to West Manchester on a saturday.
(Yes amazingly my local Parcelforce depot is Liverpool :confused: )

abu baniaz
16-12-16, 23:46
Good things come to those who wait

judge
17-12-16, 02:42
Good things come to those who wait

The hell/joys of not waiting for an official local supplier to have stock... + too much £ to waste on Christmas week.

Nitemare
17-12-16, 10:57
STILL no movement from Royal Mail National Hub!!! Good grief .... :mad:

DaMacFunkin
17-12-16, 12:40
Mine still shows at Coventry International Hub,
Royal Mail Have just Knocked on the door with it, i take it all back..
it's here, it's here.

bassethound
17-12-16, 12:41
it's here, it's here.

Jammy sod there is hope in the royal mail

Nitemare
17-12-16, 15:29
it's here, it's here.

Oh you LUCKY *********** !! (see Monty Python Life of Brian ... lol)

Mine still says at Hub too ... though knowing my luck it probably IS!!!! Arggghhh!! :confused:

rossi2000
17-12-16, 15:30
your not missing out on that much, don't worry. :D

Nitemare
19-12-16, 20:55
Hi,
Finally today I received my new Ultimo 4K ... turns out you can't rely on Tracking information on Parcel Force web site ESPECIALLY as they had handed it over to Royal Mail and never then updated tracking number etc.

Anyhows, glad to receive it safe and sound ... now to learn (especially FBC stuff) and start watching ... :)

ANY advice on Tuner set-up would be appreciated ...

Here's a synopsis of my current configuration ...

Duo2 with 2* Twin S2 Tuners ...

TUNER A = 36V 2.2M Motorised Dish
TUNER B = second cable of motorised LNB (Invacom 0.3 C120)
TUNER C = Astra 2 @ 28.2° (from OCTO LNB)
TUNER D = Astra 2 (Diseqc A via Octo LNB) & a USALS motorised 1.0M dish (Diseqc B)

Thanks,
Nitemare :thumbsup:

DaMacFunkin
19-12-16, 21:13
I've heard usals isn't working on the Ultimo4K FBC tuner.
Hopefully just a driver problem.
I haven't been able to test it as I use another box to drive the motorised sat.

Nitemare
19-12-16, 21:20
I've heard usals isn't working on the Ultimo4K FBC tuner.

ooh thanks for that info ....

Cheers.

DaMacFunkin
19-12-16, 23:16
Yeah strange one because it works fine on the Solo4K FBC.

DaMacFunkin
19-12-16, 23:28
I'm also reading our german cousins are having a lot of reception problems on certain channels Mainly sky.de via the Pug and Play FBC tuner, but none if they install the original twin DVB-S2 tuner.
They all report the Solo4K FBC tuner also fine, so hopefully like i said just a driver problem.

Nitemare
19-12-16, 23:35
I've noticed that some of my settings didn't work in new Ultimo 4K?? Thought tbh I'm using the VTi image at present and not the OpenBlackHole I'm use to so it could be "user error"??

I'm having difficulty working out how all the tuners configure??!!

New machine new learning ....

DaMacFunkin
20-12-16, 07:58
From what we know and from what i can see from your configuration you don't have a uni-cable lnb, so for now i would set the FBC tuners up for 28.2 and second cable duties and the normal twin tuner set up for your motorised.
You may just be suffering from a Brain Tuner (:eek:) i have about 17 addresses on my machine, lol you must have more.
(Sorry if i offended anybody with the bad taste joke)

Huevos
20-12-16, 09:10
I've heard usals isn't working on the Ultimo4K FBC tuner.Posting rumours is not helpful.