PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] error no satallite or cable tuner is configured

charlie96
11-12-16, 12:48
the wife has been pressing buttons and now i get the error no satellite or cable tuner is configured. ive tried in the menu and tried autobouquetsmaker and automatic scan. these say nothing to scan. it was working fine till the wife altered something. ive looked at manual scan (which i think shes messed with) but haven't got a clue what settings should be..........PLEASE HELP
ps ive just discoverd my epg seems to be in italian

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 13:12
Check your tuner configuration.

menu, setup, service searching

charlie96
11-12-16, 14:07
Check your tuner configuration.

menu, setup, service searching

tuner a bcm7346 (internal)(dvb-s2)
tuner b avl6211 (dvb-s2)
im afraid it may as well be written in mandarin.. sorry im just not clued up on what it should be or what to do if its wrong

charlie96
11-12-16, 14:14
is there an option to restore to original settings

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 14:17
You are on 3.2 037. I would recommend that you flash newer image and set it up again.

If you want to persist on current image, can you attach the settings file located in /etc/enigma2 You will have to zip it before you can attach it.

charlie96
11-12-16, 14:22
once again sorry for sounding dumb but how do i flash a new image and set up again or attach file

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 14:39
There is a link to a guide on how to attach files in my signature.

charlie96
11-12-16, 14:52
i think ive just flashed a new image. however my box is now refusing to boot. its just been saying boot for the past ten minutes. does it take ages after this operation or have i killed it. simple step by step advice required please
many thanks
a very desperate charlie

John1405
11-12-16, 14:58
Mine is down and all my friends are down I do not think that ta just your box there must be a problem

charlie96
11-12-16, 15:12
mine was working fine till the wife tried to find strictly (which id already deleted from the file list) and so busy fingers got pressing allsorts. i ended up with epg in italian!!! and nothing else but errors. i think i managed to flash a newer version/image (it went through a loading process) now it just says boot on the box but doesnt come on. ive looked on the openvix site at the downloads but dont know which i need nor how to go about it. end result my box just wont boot up :confused:

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 15:13
The flashing guides are here
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/

Which image did you flash?

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 15:16
The Vu solo 2 downloads are here
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo-2/

Newest image has highest number

charlie96
11-12-16, 15:25
i went into image manager or somat and flashed the latest version. then i clicked on it and it went thro the loading procedure and said rebooting. but its just been stuck with boot on the screen for the last half hour. ive got the page link you sent me open in another tab but wich option do i need and how do i transfer it to my box.
many thanks again

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 15:30
Yo don't transfer it to box. Please read the instruction on how to flash again, post which stage of the instructions you are stuck at.

Are you sure the receiver is genuine and not a clone?

charlie96
11-12-16, 15:40
how can i do this my box wont boot. i can put a version on a usb stick and power up with stick plugged in but what do i need to download to the usb stick :confused:

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 15:52
Use your PC to do the download and transferring. Not receiver.

charlie96
11-12-16, 16:50
thanks abu.
however busy fingers has got me going up ladders now turning the house into blackpool illuminations so ill check back later with the latest
thanks again