PDA

View Full Version : ET9000 will not start up or flash from USB

retroaudio
10-12-16, 15:36
Hi Guys,

My ET9000 has been working fine but I have not used it for a few months although it has always been plugged in. I noticed the other day that the box had frozen on an OpenVIX splash screen. Nothing on the remote would restore it to the tv channels. I tuned the box off at the power switch and left it off overnight but the only thing that happened when I powered it up again was that the bluelight flashed a few times and the hard drive started up. I have tried to reflash but the unit is not picking up the USB stick (no message in the display at all). I also notice that my image files do not have a 'boot' file but a 'splash' file, is this ok? Am I doing the right thing in trying to reflash or is there another way the box can be started?

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

bassethound
10-12-16, 16:15
my 2 dead ones are like this just a blue flickering light its possibly a dead psu or the security board is fooked

retroaudio
11-12-16, 00:25
Hmmm....

I decided to remove the box cover to see if there was anything loose and after blowing some of the dust away I twisted the backup battery round a few times and after that the box started up. Is it possible that a poor battery connection could stopthe box from starting up? Would seem a pretty fragilie design if it did!

adm
11-12-16, 01:45
Are you sure the battery isn't going flat?

nizwa
01-02-17, 10:48
ET9000 will not start up or flash from USB

machare
01-03-17, 00:48
Search this forum for for 'ET9000 capacitor'. Read 1st hit with about 35 posts, then look for post about #20