PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox DM900

mrxbox360
10-12-16, 01:12
Will there be any vix image for the Dreambox DM900 4k at some point ? / sorry if this posted in the wrong section :confused:

mrxbox360
10-12-16, 01:39
Will there be any vix image for the Dreambox DM900 4k at some point ? / sorry if this posted in the wrong section :confused:

Don't worry I've answered my own question...it don't look like its an e2 receiver anyway so rules it out

Larry-G
10-12-16, 11:56
Don't worry I've answered my own question...it don't look like its an e2 receiver anyway so rules it out

Would not matter if it were a E2 box, Dream Multimedia have zero interest in working with ViX officially or otherwise. They were approached a couple of years ago and basically told us to piss off.

There was also a brief series of DMM images built in the ViX 2.2 series images but no one had any DMM hardware to test with and they eventually were deleted along with the build server for that entire build when it was eventually retired.

That said you should be able to build your own with the current make file but any issues you ran into would have to be sorted else where as i very much doubt they would help you here.

mrxbox360
11-12-16, 00:20
its a pity as I've always liked dream boxes as my 1st box was dm500 original, I'm now looking at the vu uno 4k

Larry-G
11-12-16, 06:50
its a pity as I've always liked dream boxes as my 1st box was dm500 original, I'm now looking at the vu uno 4k

I still have a genuine DM7020 and a DM600 my self although I'm thinking of throwing them in a skip with the rest of my old kit.

Rob van der Does
11-12-16, 07:35
That's from before the time DM became a Chinese company.

mianabid
29-01-17, 15:16
Believe me dreambox receivers are better in all terms vu+ was good in start but they lost reputation, they don't have any official forum and support portal like dreambox, their support is excellent not like vuplus

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
29-01-17, 15:55
DM fanboy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mianabid
29-01-17, 16:12
DM fanboy?

I'm and retailer and believe me vu plus is anonymous company who don't have any contact details, no portal, nothing, no official existence if you face any problems

sbawli
17-12-17, 17:06
I'm and retailer and believe me vu plus is anonymous company who don't have any contact details, no portal, nothing, no official existence if you face any problems

I Agree with mianabid. I had problem with my duo 2 under warranty. Nether VU nor their reputable seller didn't bother to replies to any email. No more VU products now.

Ashley69
17-12-17, 17:25
So your first post is to revive a thread that’s 12 months old and you start to diss VU+.
Shall we take any notice. mmmmm let me see:bored:

abu baniaz
17-12-17, 17:55
So your first post is to revive a thread that’s 12 months old and you start to diss VU+.
Shall we take any notice. mmmmm let me see:bored:

Mianabid's issue is the scanning problem. He has been banned on two forums because he keeps being negative. To give him credit, he has contacted the tuner chip manufacturer, they have provided a fix. Vu still ignore it.

Ashley69
17-12-17, 18:09
Haven’t got a problem with the mianabids post if the scanning problem was his issue. It’s not the first time we have read of people having communication issues with VU+ when problems arise.
I just thought sbawli first post of dissing VU+ was lacking in detail.

mrxbox360
18-12-17, 00:10
I was all set to by the dmm box but lack of vix image & poss lack of driver support i ended up buying a mutant hd51 & im very happy with it, ref the vu boxes i had a vu solo 2 until recently & i never had any issues in the 3 years i owned it.

Clemente
28-06-20, 21:52
I make alive again this old post, no replies from December 2017. So, I have 2 Vu+ (1 Duo2 and 1 Duo4K) and no problem with both. Very happy. But I have a DM920 too, so I'm going back on topic and repeating the initial question: any Vix image for Dreambox is planned now? Four years are gone from 2016, so what is actual situation with Dream Multimedia? Someone from the team please? I'm using Vix image 5.3 in my Duo4K from just some days, and I think it is a FANTASTIC IMAGE! During 7 years of Vu+ boxes usage, never found another image like this. So, it would be great if the same image would be available for Dreambox receivers, too. Hope this will happen in the future. Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
29-06-20, 13:23
Unfortunately Dreambox were not forthcoming with providing updates and any help/support so no ViX images were possible in the end.

Clemente
22-10-20, 09:01
That said you should be able to build your own with the current make file but any issues you ran into would have to be sorted else where as i very much doubt they would help you here.

Could you please explain better? How can I make my own image? What is make file? For example, I just installed Openvix 5.4 in my Vu+ Duo4K, and I would like to build the same image for Dreambox DM920. How can I make this? Thank you.

Andy_Hazza
22-10-20, 09:15
Could you please explain better? How can I make my own image? What is make file? For example, I just installed Openvix 5.4 in my Vu+ Duo4K, and I would like to build the same image for Dreambox DM920. How can I make this? Thank you.

You’ll struggle tbh. ViX had quite a few issues when building for DM and also not much help and support was offered from DM to help resolve the issues.

There is a thread on the forum how to make your own images, maybe check that thread out if you still wish to try doing a ViX image for your DM receiver.

Clemente
22-10-20, 11:44
Yes I understand your doubts, maybe it is not a good idea to try this. Can you please suggest an alternative good image similar to Openvix for my Dreambox DM920? Similar does not mean similar skin, it means similar menus, similar buttons, similar settings and so on. Any idea? Thanks.

ccs
22-10-20, 11:47
.... what image are you using at the moment?

Andy_Hazza
22-10-20, 11:50
OpenVision, Blackhole, Open PLi, Open ATV are a few that run on the DM920.

ccs
22-10-20, 12:30
OpenATV certainly do one, but there isn't one for OpenPLi.

Andy_Hazza
22-10-20, 12:33
According to Linuxsat-Support it says OpenPLi do one.

ccs
22-10-20, 12:38
According to Linuxsat-Support it says OpenPLi do one.

According to the PLi forum it's a fake, it just pinches the PLi name.

"Unfortunately they keep using the name "pli-images", which it clearly isn't, and clearly picked to fool people..."

Andy_Hazza
22-10-20, 12:39
Ah. Glad you spotted that. Thanks.

Clemente
22-10-20, 13:19
.... what image are you using at the moment?

I'm using Sat-Lodge image now. It seems stable, it is based on DreamOS, but updates are lacking now. It is so far compared to Openix updates and support. So I'm looking for an image having similar ease of use and menu structure like OpenVix, if any. Maybe OpenAtv? It seems that OpenAtv is well considered here in this forum. Knowing OpenVix quality I hope that's the same. What do you think? Thanks.

Ev0
22-10-20, 13:29
OpenVision, Blackhole, Open PLi, Open ATV are a few that run on the DM920.

BlackHole and OpenBlackHole do not support Dreambox's

Andy_Hazza
22-10-20, 14:20
BlackHole and OpenBlackHole do not support Dreambox's

Thanks for confirming. False info on Linuxsat, bloody thing.

Ev0
22-10-20, 14:23
Thanks for confirming. False info on Linuxsat, bloody thing.

No probs, BH and OBH only support Vu+ stb's.