PDA

View Full Version : How to set up a user and password for stream on a Vu+ du2 box ?

Dazman
09-12-16, 21:01
Good Evening people

I've had the box for about 2 months now and it working great, i'm able to stream to my mobile without any problems. I set up a ddns account so i could log in to my router any where.

This was great unit the other night while watching TV at home some one connected to my box and started channel hopping,:eek: which scared the HELL out of me, thinking some one was able to access the box. I checked the client info page and it showed someone from a sky broadband account had accessed my box.

I changed the normal Port Numbers and changed my ddns details and reset the router to change my IP address.

Is there some where on the streaming software to input a user and password, to stop this happening again ?:confused:

Thanks for the advice

Daz

Dazman
09-12-16, 21:36
oops can a admin move this in to du2 section :rolleyes:

Joe_90
11-12-16, 14:18
You're wasting your time using different port numbers or changing your IP address. A port scan on your router will find the open port(s) and they will access your sat box. Putting a password on the box will just delay the inevitable. Installing VPN is really the only solution. There are plenty of threads on the forum if you use the search facility. If you leave open ports on your router you are inviting compromise of your home network.

Dazman
11-12-16, 20:45
You're wasting your time using different port numbers or changing your IP address. A port scan on your router will find the open port(s) and they will access your sat box. Putting a password on the box will just delay the inevitable. Installing VPN is really the only solution. There are plenty of threads on the forum if you use the search facility. If you leave open ports on your router you are inviting compromise of your home network.

Any chance you have a guide how to set the VPN up on BT Hub 6 ? And what app to use on Android phone ? i use a vpn to download stuff but i've never set it up on router ....... :confused: