PDA

View Full Version : Xpeed LX1 issues

barnesy91
09-12-16, 08:11
Hi guys,

Bought my xpeed lx1 from here about 1-2 years ago, and had absolutely no issues with it what so ever until recently.

I've just come back from 3 weeks holiday, and there's no display on the tv, just a blank screen.

I've reflashed the image, reflashed the bootloader, and still nothing.

I get the following on the lcd screen when I press the power button "----"

Also get the following displayed on the lcd screen "pal" and "soh2" when I press any of the buttons.

Does anybody have any idea, or is my box done for?

Thanks in advance

Andy_Hazza
09-12-16, 09:09
Try a different HDMI port on your tv, or try with a Scart lead (if it has one) and see if you get a picture. Make sure your do this while your TV and receiver are off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barnesy91
09-12-16, 09:17
Try a different HDMI port on your tv, or try with a Scart lead (if it has one) and see if you get a picture. Make sure your do this while your TV and receiver are off.

Sorry Andy, I should have mentioned that. I've tried a new hdmi lead, new port on the tv, and even tried another tv.

No success

Andy_Hazza
09-12-16, 09:42
Are you able to access your LX1 via ftp, like DCC/Filezilla etc?

barnesy91
09-12-16, 09:57
Are you able to access your LX1 via ftp, like DCC/Filezilla etc?

Thanks for the reply, yeah I can access it via FTP no problem.

Andy_Hazza
09-12-16, 10:35
You won't happen to have got logs enabled have you? They would be in /home/root/logs if not set to HDD or USB I think.

barnesy91
09-12-16, 10:56
You won't happen to have got logs enabled have you? They would be in /home/root/logs if not set to HDD or USB I think.

Directory is empty mate, so guessing they're not enabled.

I think I have an rs232 cable lieing about somewhere if that will be of any use to me?

Thanks

barnesy91
10-12-16, 19:45
Update

I now get the Openvix boot screen after reflashing the bootloader, and image using usb, then it just goes blank and stays blank.

TC1957
12-12-16, 15:22
Hi I had a similar problem where it was not taking the flash try this:
when you extract the xpeedlx folder click on the folder to open it you will have 5 sub folders
right click on ( noforce ) and rename it to ( force )
then send the xpeedlx folder to your formatted USB ....
turn your box off by toggle switch on the rear of the box insert USB into the front USB port turn box on by toggle switch
you will see the box flash on the front display
when finished flashing it will tell you to remove USB and reboot
turn box off remove USB and turn back on .