PDA

View Full Version : FBC tuner & 4k Reciever

john doe
07-12-16, 12:39
looking for some advice. am looking to upgrade my solo2 (which I have had for 3 years) to a ultimo 4k receiver in the next couple of months. also considering to upgrade LNB to a octo or unicable lnb, to feed in more cables. My current setup is a normal sky dish with a quad LNB with 4 feeds (two feeds main room & other two split to two bedrooms). I want to have two feed from LNB for each bedroom (so family can record what they want and watch tv same time) and two in main room (meaning 6 feeds). am also considering having two more feeds (total 8) into spare room and another bedroom, just thinking about doing this, may not go ahead with it).

I've read (on this forum) about FBC tuner, with newer receivers and to get full benefit out of the tuners I need a unicable LNB (Unicable II LNB -Inverto IDLU-32Ul40_UNBOO-OPP).

My questions below.

1- if I purchase the ultimo, can I still use my current setup or do I need to upgrade the LNB (to unicable LNB) & dish? what are benefits to upgrading LNB?

2- I have three different receivers in the house. if I plan to get the uncable LNB, would the other receivers (OSMini & Zero) work?

3- Abu Baniaz - posted a few days ago giving a useful list of FBC & unicable info. am I correct in saying if I get a receiver with FBC tuner and fixed with a unicable lnb I can record more channels while watching another? how would this work with the other two receivers I have?

abu baniaz
07-12-16, 12:55
1- if I purchase the ultimo, can I still use my current setup

Yes

2- I have three different receivers in the house. if I plan to get the uncable LNB, would the other receivers (OSMini & Zero) work?

Yes they will work. You will need to ensure you have enough SCRS for all your receivers

am I correct in saying if I get a receiver with FBC tuner and fixed with a unicable lnb I can record more channels while watching another? how would this work with the other two receivers I have?
Yes

john doe
07-12-16, 13:10
Yes

Yes they will work. You will need to ensure you have enough SCRS for all your receivers

Yes

what is SCRS?

Trial
07-12-16, 13:46
Hi,
Unicable-Frequencies. Each Tuner (8-18 in Ultimo4K) pf each receiver needs one of the frequencies if you want to make the most of the receiver. Old unicable I officially only supports 4 SCR so this does not really make sense anymore.

ciao

john doe
07-12-16, 14:01
Hi,
Unicable-Frequencies. Each Tuner (8-18 in Ultimo4K) pf each receiver needs one of the frequencies if you want to make the most of the receiver. Old unicable I officially only supports 4 SCR so this does not really make sense anymore.

ciao

which unicable would you suggest?

Huevos
07-12-16, 14:28
Hi,
Unicable-Frequencies. Each Tuner (8-18 in Ultimo4K) pf each receiver needs one of the frequencies if you want to make the most of the receiver. Old unicable I officially only supports 4 SCR so this does not really make sense anymore.Unicable is 8 channels, not 4. If the LNB has only 4 that is a restriction imposed by the hardware, not the standard. Unicable II supports 32.

Huevos
07-12-16, 14:32
which unicable would you suggest?For a fixed dish we recommend the Inverto IDLU-32Ul40_UNBOO-OPP (4 team members have this LNB and are happy with it).

john doe
07-12-16, 14:50
For a fixed dish we recommend the Inverto IDLU-32Ul40_UNBOO-OPP (4 team members have this LNB and are happy with it).

thanks pal

Trial
07-12-16, 20:25
Hi,
thanks Huevos I made wrong conclusions.

Ralf

john doe
08-12-16, 09:23
thank you all for suggestions. will wait until the new box is out and take from there.

ive looked on ebay for the Inverto IDLU-32Ul40_UNBOO-OPP. Does anyone know where to purchase this from besides ebay?

Huevos
08-12-16, 12:23
Got mine Germany. HM I think.

twol
08-12-16, 14:28
As much as I like hm.....there are other german sites which ship to UK for same price with dhl included

rossi2000
08-12-16, 14:53
can we not buy them from uk? :D

rossi2000
08-12-16, 15:12
i need a unicable 2 lnb, with 2 x legacy ports.

not sure if one exists.

twol
08-12-16, 16:51
i need a unicable 2 lnb, with 2 x legacy ports.

not sure if one exists.

Neither am I, closest is not LNB but Inverto Unicable II IDLU-UST110-CUO1O-32pp multiswitch 5/32 .... but only 1 legacy and 1 x 32 addresses via unicable 2.... uses Quattro LNB input

There are Unicable (8 addresses) swiutches with 2 legacy from Inverto and Jultec e.g. Unicable multiswitch INVERTO Black IDLP-USS200-CUO10-8PP (for 2 satellite with 2x legacy output)

maxben
08-12-16, 17:21
I use the Inverto Unicable II IDLU-UST110-CUO1O-32pp multiswitch and use the passthrough ports to a cheap universal type multiswitch gives me a total of 9 legacy ports although I only need 3 at the moment.

Huevos
09-12-16, 01:05
What do you need the legacy ports for. Non-E2 receivers?

DaMacFunkin
09-12-16, 07:18
Tv's most probably.

DaMacFunkin
09-12-16, 07:21
I use the Inverto Unicable II IDLU-UST110-CUO1O-32pp multiswitch and use the passthrough ports to a cheap universal type multiswitch gives me a total of 9 legacy ports although I only need 3 at the moment.

Does any of that require an AC power supply, i don't happen to have one in my loft, that looks like something i may want to setup when i am fit enough.

john doe
09-12-16, 20:44

looks complicated

maxben
09-12-16, 21:59
What do you need the legacy ports for. Non-E2 receivers?

Well, one goes to the bedroom zero, one to my office where I maintain other peoples boxes and the other goes to port B on the Solo 4k via the disecq switch conected to tuner B because ABM and crossEPG won't use the virtual tuners, they seem to need a physical tuner at least that was the case when I set it up.

Does any of that require an AC power supply, i don't happen to have one in my loft, that looks like something i may want to setup when i am fit enough.

The Inverto switch needs 12v DC power from the supplied AC adapter which is injected via the small box at the bottom of the picture below. I never had AC in the loft either until I fitted a spur via the airing cupboard :)

looks complicated

I'd call it complex rather than complicated, I also have a 8 port diseqc switch (the pink thing in picture below) to which my Channel Master 1.2m motorised is conected as well as 4 further LNBs connected to various sats on the Cahors dish which is a fantastic multi LNB dish, having it all in the loft is great for trying different configurations.

Huevos
10-12-16, 20:41
Zero doesn't need a legacy port and nor does the Solo4K.

maxben
10-12-16, 21:22
I know but I have all options now don't I.

But still ABM and CrossEPG won't use the virtual tuners as the 2nd tuner to download and scan, not a big deal I know but I prefer not to loose the picture when manually scanning when there's no need.

twol
10-12-16, 21:46
Just a note:
Legacy port ...... works
FBC .... good idea , need some work :)

Huevos
13-12-16, 19:19
But still ABM and CrossEPG won't use the virtual tuners as the 2nd tuner to download and scan, not a big deal I know but I prefer not to loose the picture when manually scanning when there's no need.It's not a bug, it's coded like that on purpose. Same with Satfinder. :confused:

And what do you mean the picture is loose?

rossi2000
13-12-16, 19:26
typo

lose

maxben
13-12-16, 20:38
Perhaps I'm not explaining this very well but it's simple really.

SCENARIO 1 :

Tuner A - unicable II set on 28.2
Tuner B - appropriate other LNB on 28.2

Manual scan with ABM or CrossEPG download, Tuner B is used to do the ABM scan or download EPG data and so I can carry on watching the channel I'm tuned to.

SCENARIO 2 :

Tuner A - unicable II set on 28.2
Tuner B - NO appropriate other LNB on 28.2

Manual scan with ABM or CrossEPG download and only Tuner A physical tuner is used to do the ABM scan or download EPG data which means it has to tune away from the channel I'm watching. My point being that in this scenario the virtual tuners don't get used to do the ABM scan or CrossEPG download and I wonder why.

As I said no big deal just an observation really.

DaMacFunkin
13-12-16, 23:29
For what reason can ABM or CrossEPG not use the Virtual Tuners? What happens if for some reason you have a recording kick in on Tuner B and you are watching tuner A, can you no longer scan ABM or CrossEPG on Tuners C,D,E?
And if so, who thought that up?

Huevos
13-12-16, 23:33
if so, who thought that up?I did. The only way to get rawchannel if a tuner is in use is to stop services that are using the tuner, unless you know another way.

maxben
13-12-16, 23:49
Correct, just tested that scenario and when scanning ABM or downloading from CrossEPG it tunes away from the channel you're watching.

I guess no-one took that situation into consideration.

I must say though that situation would be very rare for me, as most of my recording is done on 28.2 and I have a diseqc switch on tuner B with port A having a 28.2 universal LNB connected.

The box never uses tuner B to record from 28.2 even though I have no priority set.

Huevos
13-12-16, 23:59
I guess no-one took that situation into consideration.Like I said in post #25, this was done on purpose. It is not an oversight.

maxben
14-12-16, 00:09
Yes I think understand now apps like ABM and CrossEPG need to have exclusive use of a physical tuner so the virtual tuners would be unavailable in that case anyway ?

Huevos
14-12-16, 00:14
ABM and Cross don't use tuners that are in Loopthrough or Satposdepends either. And when used with a Universal LNB the FBC tuners work just like a glorified loopthrough tuner.

abu baniaz
14-12-16, 00:14
Yes I think understand now apps like ABM and CrossEPG need to have exclusive use of a physical tuner so the virtual tuners would be unavailable in that case anyway ?

Are you asking or stating?
If you are asking, the answer is yes.

maxben
14-12-16, 00:19
Just looking for confirmation of my understanding, hence the question mark and that you've given :)