PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo Tuner setup for Sky q installation

londonnuta
06-12-16, 13:44
hi,
I have just had sky q installed there is one feed. I can currently record 3 programs and watch another. I would prefer to use my vu duo instead as my wife is used to it.
What is the setup on the vu duo so I can take advantage of 2 tuners using the 1 feed? do I need get a splitter and then setup each tuner? If so-does anyone know the tuner setting for openvix?

Andy_Hazza
07-12-16, 11:38
hi,
I have just had sky q installed there is one feed. I can currently record 3 programs and watch another. I would prefer to use my vu duo instead as my wife is used to it.
What is the setup on the vu duo so I can take advantage of 2 tuners using the 1 feed? do I need get a splitter and then setup each tuner? If so-does anyone know the tuner setting for openvix?

The SkyQ LNB you will have had installed won't be compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
07-12-16, 18:30
Unless you requested a hybrid LNB (sky mk4 hybrid 6 way lnb) be fitted at the time of installation you won't be able to use a standard HD receiver. These LNB's are not fitted as standard and have to be requested when the engineer rings you to arrange the instal the night before.

londonnuta
09-12-16, 11:38
Thanks for the feedback.I live in a flat,Does anybody know whether sky install hybrid LNB in communal dishes?

Larry-G
09-12-16, 17:05
Thanks for the feedback.I live in a flat,Does anybody know whether sky install hybrid LNB in communal dishes?

Not unless requested. They want users to move away from SD and HD boxes in favour for their sky q box.