PDA

View Full Version : Help for buying new receiver

dex71
04-12-16, 11:39
Hello guys,

my old VU+ duo has finally died and I need a new HD box but with so many models out there I don't know which one is the most suitable. Basically what I need is:
1) HD receiver with 2 tuners (one for a fix dish with 4 lnb and one for a motorized one)
2) Linux software where I can install VIX of course and Cccam
3) Common interface for official card

possibly then
4) powerful enough to open Powervu channels (although I am still learning how to do this!)
5) able to open the BBC channels on 27.5
6) able to open those channels in multistream on 12.5

Any suggestion and advice would be gratefully appreciated!!!

Dex

john doe
04-12-16, 11:50
Hello guys,

my old VU+ duo has finally died and I need a new HD box but with so many models out there I don't know which one is the most suitable. Basically what I need is:
1) HD receiver with 2 tuners (one for a fix dish with 4 lnb and one for a motorized one)

possibly then
4) powerful enough to open Powervu channels (although I am still learning how to do this!)

Dex

whats your budget? the mutant 4k is a new box and really good.

Andy_Hazza
04-12-16, 12:20
The Mut@nt HD51 4K won't work with Cccam unless he's willing to learn Oscam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
04-12-16, 12:22
Hello guys,

possibly then

Dex

If you liked your Vu+ Duo, you won't go wrong with the Vu+ Duo2.

twol
04-12-16, 12:22
I guess the sooner everybody learns how to use Oscam the better:)

Andy_Hazza
04-12-16, 12:24
I agree @Twol. [emoji4]

dex71
04-12-16, 12:39
First of all thanks to everyone for the quick replies!!

lol I've been trying to learn using Oscam for a while but I guess it's a tiny bit too complicate for me, but I will keep trying! As for the budget I don't want to spend over £300. I was quite keen to stay with VU+ but I was wondering if the new ones are able to open the multistream bouquets or BBC, but from what I've read on other posts/forums it doesn't seem like. Can anyone please confirm??

Cheers!!

john doe
04-12-16, 12:40
totally agree. oscam is far better

Stanman
04-12-16, 21:09
Go for Solo 4K or HD51. Imho if you have the money go future proof.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

JIZZSTER
06-12-16, 00:47
in the same boat my Duo died last week..... im probably going to get a solo 2 ..considered the Mutant and he solo 4k but .I have not got a 4k tele and probably wont have one for a couple of years (or a Divorce) as my tele is only 18 months old so im a bit stuck for 2-3 years and by that time id rather get the latest model and move the solo into another room...
I did consider a cheap tuner to make do for a couple of years like a Xtrend on offer etc but loved my duo and a creature of habbit re VU+....

Like Dex though im open to suggestions

Andy_Hazza
06-12-16, 07:23
The Vu+ Solo2 is still an excellent receiver, and is probably my fave out all the receivers I have, so I say go for it, it will serve you well for a good few years. [emoji4]

r4nj
06-12-16, 13:33
The Mut@nt HD51 4K won't work with Cccam unless he's willing to learn Oscam.

Guys not sure what you mean here. So there isn't a CCcam.cfg where you add the line too?

joysleep1
06-12-16, 13:40
Guys not sure what you mean here. So there isn't a CCcam.cfg where you add the line too?

ohhh you're going to be told off now. :nono::nono::nono:

dex71
06-12-16, 19:44
well guys,

thanks again for all the suggestions so I can tell you that from today I am a proud owner of VU+ Duo 2!!
I'm gonna have some fun flashing with new image and stuff, but can anyone give me some tips on how to get the best of this receiver? What are the best plug ins to install??

Cheers!!!

JIZZSTER
06-12-16, 22:31
congrats Dex....im still thinking solo2 or the duo 2 (as a former duo 1 owner ).......... im leaning twds a solo