PDA

View Full Version : Solo4k Rewind / Fast Forward Bug.

DaMacFunkin
04-12-16, 09:46
Hello, do we have an update on the Rewind / Fast Forward bug on the Solo4K? It seemed to be introduced late in the 4.0 image range or early in the 4.1 image, The Mrs nags me all the time about it, she can't get her head around it, me personally i have got used to it, but during a conversation with another member from this forum (on another forum) he said it drives him crazy as well so i thought i would ask again.
Is it a driver problem?
Is it an Image problem?
Or does it only happen with certain skins i.e. Bello (which is the skin i use)?
I'm no coder but it seems there just needs to be a cache flush command issued on recommencement of playback.
If anybody knows if it is being looked into or has been looked into could they please let me and the other people it drives crazy know please.
Thank You.

Trial
04-12-16, 10:11
Hi,
what bug are you talking about? I just checked ff and fr 2..128times and saw no problem. Of course I used a recording and not a downloaded film for this test. I used Magic-FHD but if there is a problem I do not think it is skin related.

ciao

maxben
04-12-16, 12:34
The bug is that when ff or rw at any speed over x8 then the playback of the picture doesn't resume it is just frozen but the audio does continue so the only way to resume playback is to stop and then restart playback.

This bug has been present for as long as I can remember.

EDIT: Oh and this is with recordings made with the 4k.

Andy_Hazza
04-12-16, 12:37
I can confirm this bug also. Been like it for donkies. I make do with just using the numbered buttons to skip forward n backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial
04-12-16, 17:29
Hi,
I can also confirm it but it does not happen always it is a bit like hit&miss.

Ralf

DaMacFunkin
06-12-16, 14:57
The bug is that when ff or rw at any speed over x8 then the playback of the picture doesn't resume it is just frozen but the audio does continue so the only way to resume playback is to stop and then restart playback.

This bug has been present for as long as I can remember.

EDIT: Oh and this is with recordings made with the 4k.
Yes just to add it doesn't happen when playing back recordings from another box on the solo4k.
Another fix is when you press the enter button to resume playback, quickly press right arrow x2 then enter again and it plays fine without stopping the file.
About it being hit and miss, it always happens with recordings via the solo4k from ITV Granada HD, there is no hi and miss about it..
Anybody?

iamSteve
14-12-16, 14:18
I have also had the above problem for many months now, to get it to play again with audio and picture a quick flick of ff or rew then play will normally sort it, my wife uses rew pause play sequence to fix it. We have now just resorted to the number buttons for skip forward / backwards, in fact it appears a better way to skip ad brakes, although I would also like the bug fixed at some point!

maxal
14-12-16, 14:57
Or you can do what I do which is after using fast forward press play then the number 1 button

DaMacFunkin
14-12-16, 15:25
There are lots of things you can do, but this seems to be the only machine in the VIX range that has the behavior, it has been pointed out older g-streamer versions work correctly in VIX, neither you or me can get anybody to elevate a problem with g-streamer or g-streamer within VIX, we need someone higher up the food chain to take an interest.
My Ultimo 4k should be here tomorrow or Friday, i just hope that doesn't have the same bug.