PDA

View Full Version : Edision OS mini plus DVB-C Tuner and Picon Problem

kokojnr
04-12-16, 03:40

Received my box today, was able to set up satellite tuner but the cable tuner is not detecting any input, i used a spare two way splitter and the cable pictured above, the split cable connection between the BB router and the box.

PICONS:
I followed the guide on openvix website, downloaded the picons to a 16GB USB Stick attcahed to the box and formatted to FAT32 but the picons aren't showing up.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

john doe
04-12-16, 10:56
[QUOTE=kokojnr;427559]5156951570

Received my box today, was able to set up satellite tuner but the cable tuner is not detecting any input, i used a spare two way splitter and the cable pictured above, the split cable connection between the BB router and the box.
PICONS:
I followed the guide on openvix website, downloaded the picons to a 16GB USB Stick attcahed to the box and formatted to FAT32 but the picons aren't showing up.

is your cable question in regards to support? if so can you be more clear

picons on usb, you have done that wrong. the best way to do is format usb, switch box off and plug usb in, switch box on, make sure usb mounted, once mounted, then use FileZilla or something similar and ftp into your box. go to media/hdd and make a folder called picon, then transfer the picons to that folder.

kokojnr
04-12-16, 12:00
[QUOTE=kokojnr;427559]5156951570

PICONS:

is your cable question in regards to support? if so can you be more clear

picons on usb, you have done that wrong. the best way to do is format usb, switch box off and plug usb in, switch box on, make sure usb mounted, once mounted, then use FileZilla or something similar and ftp into your box. go to media/hdd and make a folder called picon, then transfer the picons to that folder.

Thanks for your quick response, the cable issue is regarding support, because the DVB-C tuner isn't detecting the cable wire connection.
i dont want to go out buying a new splitter and wires if its something that im doing wrong with the setup.

kokojnr
04-12-16, 13:32

DVB-C SETUP:

I used a spare 2-way splitter and coax to F connector wire on the picture above. Connected the external wire coming into the house to the Input port of the splitter then connecting my router to one output point (router works ok) and connected the box to the second output point using the cable on the picture above.

RESULT:
When I navigate to: - Menu > Setup > Service searching > Tuner configuration: DVB-S2 is working perfectly see attached picture.
Whilst DVB-C Tuner is unable to detect the connected cable from the splitter to the box, below is message I get on the configuration screen:

TUNER TYPE DVB-C
CONFIGURATION MODE - Nothing Detected

PICONS SETUP:

I have a 16GB USB stick attached to the USB hole at the back of the box, the stick is formatted to FAT32 and I mounted it by navigating to Setup-System- storage device-initialisation.

I downloaded picons from the plugin section and save them on this USB Stick
When I FTP into the box and click on media > hdd, there is already a folder named picon, ( I didn’t make this folder) with all the picons already on it.

MY Problems:

I am unable to get DVB-C connection working and the picons are not showing up on the channel list.

Ashley69
04-12-16, 14:40
Try connecting to your box without the splitter. That will rule out your splitter being faulty.

kokojnr
04-12-16, 17:00
Just done as you suggested, still no tuner or wire connection detected
Im using a wire like this picture, plugged into the "antenna in" input51587

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

cactikid
04-12-16, 17:44
feed before router is split with a tratec splitter 5-1000mhz one side feeding router other side going to input of box does nothing connected change if using right > of ok button?

sometimes we forget to try not connected [ by default ? ] to something else?

forgot to add if still no live feed try before router.

kokojnr
04-12-16, 17:56
feed before router is split with a tratec splitter 5-1000mhz one side feeding router other side going to input of box does nothing connected change if using right > of ok button?

sometimes we forget to try not connected [ by default ? ] to something else?

forgot to add if still no live feed try before router.
I did a direct connection of the cable to the white box on the wall where cable from the street terminates to.
Then connected the other end of the cable to the antenna input on the edision box.

cactikid
04-12-16, 18:00
that should work been a direct feed,hmm more input needed from others,any m8s got same setup to test there?

kokojnr
04-12-16, 18:02
Is there anyway to test if the DVB-C tuner is ok and working?

cactikid
04-12-16, 18:08
it should detect your connection been direct and just to confirm it is before router? then could be faulty tuner,hence i said check elsewhere.

kokojnr
04-12-16, 18:11
it should detect your connection been direct and just to confirm it is before router? then could be faulty tuner,hence i said check elsewhere.
Hi,
Yes I isolated the router and connected direct from the feed box on the wall and the STB

cactikid
04-12-16, 18:16
wos may ask you to reflash box and setup again to recheck tuner issue and check it at a m8s house to confirm tuner issue.

Joe_90
04-12-16, 18:17
Have you configured your DVB-C tuner? It says, nothing connected on the screenshot. You will need the net-ID of the existing TV service. I assume you have a working cable TV service and not just broadband?

kokojnr
04-12-16, 18:25
Have you configured your DVB-C tuner? It says, nothing connected on the screenshot. You will need the net-ID of the existing TV service. I assume you have a working cable TV service and not just broadband?
Sorry how do I configure the DVB-C tuner when it's not showing up under "SETUP> SERVICE SEARCHING> TUNER CINFIGURATION"?

I have basic TV package and 200MB BB.

Ashley69
04-12-16, 18:31
Can you post a picture of how you are connecting to your box with a direct feed without a splitter.

Have you got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Qty-2-F-Type-screw-on-connection-to-TV-Male-Coaxial-Coax-cable-connector-C04-/322327311680?hash=item4b0c347540:g:IIgAAOSw1vlUtQe A

Joe_90
04-12-16, 18:41
Sorry how do I configure the DVB-C tuner when it's not showing up under "SETUP> SERVICE SEARCHING> TUNER CINFIGURATION"?

I have basic TV package and 200MB BB.

On the "Not Connected" line of your tuner configuration, you press the right arrow on the remote and change the setting to "enabled". You then put in your net-id if you know it or leave it a zeroes. I'm sure your cable connection is ok, just you have not enabled the tuner. I only use DVB-T so I can't help with specific cable id settings, but the default should get you somewhere.

kokojnr
04-12-16, 18:53
These are pictures of the tuner set up screen and wire connections.

Im thinking of buying this kit from amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ANFBPI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2STM0D6PMSDGV
to change my cables and splitter.

Ashley69
04-12-16, 19:36
This says to me you are getting no signal. Possible cable issue.

I've got that product from amazon. Works for me.

Joe_90
04-12-16, 20:17
Did you save the configuration (green button) on the DVB-C setup? Did you scan subsequently? Eliminate a basic set-up error before going after splitters etc. What Net-ID appears on the configuration of your existing cable box? By looking at it you will find the frequencies and IDs used. There may be an ABM setup for your area and cable provider - check that out first. The "nothing connected" message means you haven't configured the tuner.

kokojnr
04-12-16, 20:33
Did you save the configuration (green button) on the DVB-C setup? Did you scan subsequently? Eliminate a basic set-up error before going after splitters etc. What Net-ID appears on the configuration of your existing cable box? By looking at it you will find the frequencies and IDs used. There may be an ABM setup for your area and cable provider - check that out first. The "nothing connected" message means you haven't configured the tuner.
The first time that I switched on the box, I followed the "on screen guide" for the set up.
The only tuner that appeared during this initial process is the AVALINK TUNER for DVB-S2.
Please what should I gave done differently to enable/configure the DVB-C tuner?

Joe_90
04-12-16, 20:41
The tuner configuration for the OS Mini + seems to be different to other conventional receivers where you configure Tuner A and Tuner B separately. My suggestions to you were to ensure that the cable tuner section was actually functioning.

Do you have a current, working cable TV connection from the network provider?

I presume, if you have a working connection, that you have substituted the existing connection (which may be F-type to F-type) with the F-type to TV plug to suit the OS Mini+?

Have you gone into ABM and selected your area/provider and let it run a scan? I'm trying to find out what happens when you actually scan. Have you tried a manual scan?

kokojnr
05-12-16, 00:13
The tuner configuration for the OS Mini + seems to be different to other conventional receivers where you configure Tuner A and Tuner B separately. My suggestions to you were to ensure that the cable tuner section was actually functioning.

Do you have a current, working cable TV connection from the network provider?

I presume, if you have a working connection, that you have substituted the existing connection (which may be F-type to F-type) with the F-type to TV plug to suit the OS Mini+?

Have you gone into ABM and selected your area/provider and let it run a scan? I'm trying to find out what happens when you actually scan. Have you tried a manual scan?

Thanks a lot and to everyone that helped out.
The tuner in this box does both cable and satellite.
Went into ABM, selected virgin UK as second provider and did another scan which pulled all the cable channels.
Number one problem solved.

Please how do I get picons to show on channel list, im using a 16Gb usb formatted to FAT 32. have FTP into box and can see picon in a folder named picon inside another folder named HDD.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

cactikid
05-12-16, 00:28
usb stick needs setting up as in post 2,fat 32 is used for flashing boxes only .is usb showing mounted and ext 3-4?

kokojnr
05-12-16, 00:34
usb stick needs setting up as in post 2,fat 32 is used for flashing boxes only .is usb showing mounted and ext 3-4?
I plugged the USB and initialised it. However it's formatted to FAT 32.
Do i need to format it to EX 3 or 4?
I'm guessing if i have to format it again, I will have to set up EPG again, because I set EPG to store on the USB

cactikid
05-12-16, 00:51
yes it needs to be ext 3 -4.

Joe_90
05-12-16, 01:10
Thanks a lot and to everyone that helped out.
The tuner in this box does both cable and satellite.
Went into ABM, selected virgin UK as second provider and did another scan which pulled all the cable channels.
Number one problem solved.

Please how do I get picons to show on channel list, im using a 16Gb usb formatted to FAT 32. have FTP into box and can see picon in a folder named picon inside another folder named HDD.

Glad that I pointed you in the right direction - guess you won't be needing that splitter then :)

You need to enable picons in the channel list menu. That's assuming you have downloaded picons and stored them according to the other posters. Picons can be stored (in fact they are best stored here) on your internal flash if you have enough to spare. Worst place is on an actual HDD unless it is being used for permanent timeshift. The reason a HDD is not good is that it has to spin up to retrieve picons when you change channel. They are best on USB flash or on internal flash.

kokojnr
05-12-16, 09:44
Turned the TV on this morning and the signal from cable side, sky news is like this. What might be the problem please? 516015160251603

Ashley69
05-12-16, 10:13
Signal issue or incorrect net I'd.

kokojnr
05-12-16, 10:22
Signal issue or incorrect net I'd.
I'm guessing it's signal use because it was clear last night on same SKY NEWS channel. And these followed after those pixeled pictures....

Joe_90
05-12-16, 13:01
Did you make up that lead yourself? If so, check that the braid and the centre core are not shorting. Can't help with the NET-ID issue as I don't use cable, but ABM should be correct if you have the right region and provider selected. You may need to post a bit more info on your location to get help from cable users.

kokojnr
05-12-16, 13:09
Just discovered that the channels I thought that ABM scanned and pulled, doesn't exist .

I have set the NET-ID as per picture attached but still getting "TIME OUT FOR TUNER LOCK"
This is only on DVB-C scan51607

Joe_90
05-12-16, 13:13
It's ABM you need to concentrate on to scan properly. ABM will set the network ID and frequencies etc. But you need to give people an idea of your location and provider for best assistance...

kokojnr
05-12-16, 13:23
It's ABM you need to concentrate on to scan properly. ABM will set the network ID and frequencies etc. But you need to give people an idea of your location and provider for best assistance...
Location Norwich trying to scan DVB-C virgin media

Ashley69
05-12-16, 13:46
In ABM Have you set the Providers area to Norwich?

kokojnr
05-12-16, 13:48
In ABM Have you set the Providers area to Norwich?
Yeah,

Ashley69
05-12-16, 14:18
Are you using Start Scan front the ABM menu? Don,t use service searching menu to scan.
WHen you have done the scan go to sky news and press the ok button twice and see what your snr levels is.

kokojnr
05-12-16, 15:05
Are you using Start Scan front the ABM menu? Don,t use service searching menu to scan.
WHen you have done the scan go to sky news and press the ok button twice and see what your snr levels is.
Sorry I don't understand how you mean.

Ashley69
05-12-16, 15:29
There are 2 ways to scan. 1. From the service searching menu.(automatic scan). 2. In service searching menu you also have autoboquetsmaker and you use start scan from here. Also in ABM you go to providers and set your area to Norwich before you use start scan.
So use method 2.

kokojnr
05-12-16, 15:29
This us driving me crazy now.
When I press on TV button, all I can see is "last scanned" it's like a folder and have all the channels doubled up.
All my bouquets on DVB-S2 are gone.
Please how can I delete this "last scanned" folder and start afresh

Joe_90
05-12-16, 16:50
When you run a manual scan (or an ABM scan), there is a bouquet called "Last Scanned", which is basically what you last scanned! It doesn't affect any bouquets that you have already, particularly if you have configured ABM to keep user bouquets. If you press the blue button (Favourites) when you are in a channel list, you will see all the bouquets, including those created by ABM. Just select one and you will be in that bouquet.

kokojnr
05-12-16, 17:22
When you run a manual scan (or an ABM scan), there is a bouquet called "Last Scanned", which is basically what you last scanned! It doesn't affect any bouquets that you have already, particularly if you have configured ABM to keep user bouquets. If you press the blue button (Favourites) when you are in a channel list, you will see all the bouquets, including those created by ABM. Just select one and you will be in that bouquet.
Please how do I configure ABM to keep "user bouquet".
I'm guessing that I do not need to do any scan at the initial set up stage?

john doe
05-12-16, 18:06
Please how do I configure ABM to keep "user bouquet".
I'm guessing that I do not need to do any scan at the initial set up stage?

go into menu/setup/service searching/ABM/config setup how you want it to schedule download etc, press green button/ go to providers/ and setup from there use the custom and then your area, same for cable, press grenn button to save/ then start scan

kokojnr
06-12-16, 01:33
DVB-C scan finally sorted, walked away for a couple of hours, came back and reset box to factory setting, formatted USB stick to EXT4 removed all the connection cables and changed with new ones.

Started setup from scratch, done the scan from ABM, all channels on both DVB-S2 and DVB-C pulled through, i have done the EPG configuration for DVB-S2, however picons is still giving me headache.

I followed the video guide on openvix website, went to the feeds, the picons i could see were updated last in may 2013(tv-east-004.8 20130521-r2), i downloaded the first one on the list, saved on my USB but its still not showing up on channel list.

Please anyone able to point me to the right place to get up to date picon and make it show on channel list and also how to set up EPG for DVB-C.

Thanks you all once again for your patience and support in helping me out.

abu baniaz
06-12-16, 05:51
Download the latest version of Ocram's picon feeds. The picons.xyz no longer works

http://picons.eu/downloads/

Maybe this thread will help: (you will need to manually install the picon feeds from above)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver&highlight=picons+guide

Please take time to read the following:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

kokojnr
07-12-16, 11:36
Thanks @Abu for that fantastic GUIDE on picon installation, mine is up and running ok now and i have used the guides on these threads here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51874-How-do-i-install-m3u-url-into-enigma2) to add m3u files and here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52497-Private-Internet-Access-Open-VPN-Setup) to set up VPN connection.

One final problem though.... please how can i get the TV screen to shrink and fit into the box on top right hand side, when i bring up EPG?
I use samsung 3D TV, right now the tv picture is just in the background of the epg and only a portion is shown on the little box.
See attached pictures for what i meant

abu baniaz
07-12-16, 11:49
The picture in graphic scaling is a driver issue. You will have to wait for the manufacturer to resolve.

kokojnr
12-12-16, 00:42
The picture in graphic scaling is a driver issue. You will have to wait for the manufacturer to resolve.
Doesn't seem to be driver issue though according to this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=53539

Menu - setup- system - user interface - position setup: changed to default setting.
Problem solved.

judge
12-12-16, 02:15
Doesn't seem to be driver issue though according to this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=53539

Menu - setup- system - user interface - position setup: changed to default setting.
Problem solved.

Does seem to be a driver issue if the drivers can't handle non default settings.
Why are you compensating for overscan if your TV doesn't need it?