PDA

View Full Version : Hi people i have a problem with OWI

YzMENTALzY
03-12-16, 18:28
Ok my openwebif was working via external network for as long as i can remember. im basically trying to get it to work but now its giving me a error 403.6 forbidden which i have looked into via the forums and still cant get my head around it... i have switched on authentication (by asking my brother who is at home) when i input my details root and dreambox it keeps coming up with the same login box to try again. The same user and pass work for FTP which is absolutely fine but not with openwebif.

I also cannot go back home as i have moved out and am looking to buy another property soon.

Please help.

twol
03-12-16, 19:33
You probably need to really read the forums as the author has made a lot of changes recently

YzMENTALzY
04-12-16, 02:43
Is there anywhere you can direct me please?

judge
04-12-16, 02:46
Current OpenWebIF rightly doesn't let external interfaces connect unless properly configured.
About time, but I'm sure many issues need to be ironed out yet.

YzMENTALzY
04-12-16, 03:01
How do i properly configure it... i read somewhere if i add authentication VIA Http it does... i tried that but its not accepting my Username and Password...

judge
04-12-16, 03:07
OpenWebIF should only be configured locally. If you need to access externally, you should read up on VPNs.

vuesolo
05-12-16, 17:06
I used to be on Vix version Apollo.153 and updated to the latest version 4 02 020 and have also noticed Ive lost my remote connection when away from my home wifi. Is mine related to the same issue.

If I roll back to image Apollo.153 will I get the remote connection back?

Andy_Hazza
05-12-16, 19:13
I used to be on Vix version Apollo.153 and updated to the latest version 4 02 020 and have also noticed Ive lost my remote connection when away from my home wifi. Is mine related to the same issue.

If I roll back to image Apollo.153 will I get the remote connection back?

You won't be able to roll back and restore your plugins as the Apollo feeds are no longer available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vuesolo
05-12-16, 21:26
Oh that's a shame, that old image was rock stable