PDA

View Full Version : How do I full scan all terestrial channels including scrambled

ALIEN1X
01-12-16, 17:34
I have ET8500 with DVBT2 tuners. How do I scan in all channels in terrestrial mode including scrambled services?
I have tried to auto scan which gives me about 170 channels
I have tried manual scan and that gives approx. 140 channels
I have tried with network services off and that gives me even less channels?

Any tips how I should full scan to to get all services would be helpful, I have set my region to London Ctystal Palace.

ccs
01-12-16, 17:37
What channels are you missing? 170 channels sounds like you've got them all to me.

ALIEN1X
01-12-16, 19:25
What channels are you missing? 170 channels sounds like you've got them all to me.

Hello, I was expecting a lot more channels scanned in including scrambled channels like BTsport etc. I have these and many others on an old topfiled setop box but not on this new Linux box?

ccs
01-12-16, 19:53
I don't think they transmit BT sports channels on freeview, just BT Showcase on CH59.

birdman
01-12-16, 20:01
I have these and many others on an old topfiled setop box but not on this new Linux box?Given that the Topfield wouldn't pick up any DVB-T2 channels, you'll have more here. And yes, ~170 sounds right.
Of course, if you haven't retuned the Topfield in the last few years and removed old channels there may well be some there that you will no longer find. TopUp TV?

ALIEN1X
02-12-16, 13:48
Given that the Topfield wouldn't pick up any DVB-T2 channels, you'll have more here. And yes, ~170 sounds right.
Of course, if you haven't retuned the Topfield in the last few years and removed old channels there may well be some there that you will no longer find. TopUp TV?

Many thanks for the feed back. I have 3 DVBT2 tuners installed Tuner A I can scan in approx 170 channels but tuner B and C can onlyu scan in approx 140 or less channels. Any tips on how I can get all the tuuners the same number of channels up to 170?

Also arrived today is a sat tuner S2 plug in module, once fitted how do I switch between saterlight and terrestrial EPG and will the sat tuner automacticall self tune or do I have to go into USALS SET UP?

birdman
02-12-16, 14:01
Many thanks for the feed back. I have 3 DVBT2 tuners installed Tuner A I can scan in approx 170 channels but tuner B and C can onlyu scan in approx 140 or less channels.
If these are off the same feed you don't need to scan on all 3 of them - just one will do as they will all be getting a signal form the same transmitter.

Roughly:
The channels are stored as a channel id (which include type of broadcast, SD/HD, radio/..., satellite/terrestrial frequency, service id within the stream, etc.. The channel number is just the index into the entire list of channels (there is an entry to pad out missing numbers...).
To tune to a channel this id is looked at, and tuner that can handle the satellite/terrestrial frequency, if free, is used to get to that channel.

Any tips on how I can get all the tuuners the same number of channels up to 170?Are you looping the aerial feed through from 1->2->3. Possible one mux is only just receivable and only makes it on the first one.,

Also arrived today is a sat tuner S2 plug in module, once fitted how do I switch between saterlight and terrestrial EPG and will the sat tuner automacticall self tune or do I have to go into USALS SET UP?You'll have to set it up. There is no separate EPG (although they may show up in separate sections - that would depend on how you configure the EPG). See above.

ALIEN1X
02-12-16, 14:34
If these are off the same feed you don't need to scan on all 3 of them - just one will do as they will all be getting a signal form the same transmitter.

Roughly:
The channels are stored as a channel id (which include type of broadcast, SD/HD, radio/..., satellite/terrestrial frequency, service id within the stream, etc.. The channel number is just the index into the entire list of channels (there is an entry to pad out missing numbers...).
To tune to a channel this id is looked at, and tuner that can handle the satellite/terrestrial frequency, if free, is used to get to that channel.

Are you looping the aerial feed through from 1->2->3. Possible one mux is only just receivable and only makes it on the first one.,

You'll have to set it up. There is no separate EPG (although they may show up in separate sections - that would depend on how you configure the EPG). See above.

All 3 terrestrial tunners are lopped so I guess you can call it off one feed/one aerial . So as advised I will tune Tunner A only and hope tuner B and C will pick upm the same as tuner A?

The sat tunner I will try to set up now and see how I get on.

abu baniaz
02-12-16, 14:46
Tuner A will not pick up tuner B.

Channel/tuning data is shared for qualifying tuners. You only need to scan on one. If you had a billion tuners of the same type, they would all share the same tuning/channel data.

ALIEN1X
02-12-16, 16:47

Channel/tuning data is shared for qualifying tuners. You only need to scan on one. If you had a billion tuners of the same type, they would all share the same tuning/channel data.

OK Understand only need to tune 1 terrestrial tunner.

Now I can not set up the Sat tuner on ET8500. I Hhave set my dish to 0.8w thor and was hoping the menus would auto scan but nothing and also no option on remote to move or select saterlights?

All I need to set up is astra 28.2 E, Astra 1 19.2 e , hotbird 13.e and thor 1w.

I have one motorised dish and diec/usals motor.

Any tips on how to set my sat tuner up?

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 01:31
I have tried different methods of scanning saterlite channels but it will not do a full scan of 28.2e, 19.2e, 13.e, 30w 1w/0.0w
for example it will miss out all sky channels, Eden, c more, canal channels ,c-futbol etc

How do I set it up so it does a full scan ofmy chosen saterlites mentined?

abu baniaz
03-12-16, 01:48
Q1.What method of control has your motor been setup for?
1. USALS= Where you input co-ordinates
2. Diseqc = where you store positions for each satellite
3. Don't know
4. Don't understand question

Q2.
Is your dish correctly aligned?
1. Yes
2. No
3. Don't know

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 11:39
Q1.What method of control has your motor been setup for?
3. Don't know

Q2.
Is your dish correctly aligned?
1. Yes
2. No
3. Don't know

I will try to answer the above as best I can below:

I'm using ET8500, with DVBS2 sat tunner plugin card. Image is latest openvix 4.2.020

Dish is correctly aligned as I have now changed form old SAT receiver to new Linux ET8500 plugin system.
I have single unvdersal LNB Cconcected to disec/usals compatSo just trying to set up new Linux based sat receiver.
The motor I think is set up for USALS under the new receiver,ible motor. If I go under positioner set up it says USALS1?

I Have tried manual, auto and blind scan attempts with network set to yes and only gives me limited channels and not full scan of everything evailabke as mentioned earlier.

There are options on type of scan available - User defined transpoder, predinfinded transponder, single saterlight, mutlisat,. Not sure which one to choose but have selected under
I have on receiver longitude 005.100 east, latitude 050.767 North as I'm with in greater London area

If I go into sat tuner setup mode I have as follows:
config - advanced mode
saterlite - selected saterlites 1 (USALS)
Press ok to select saterlites - ( chosen 13e,19e,28e,0.8w,30w). Also noted motor only scans 13e,19e and 28e only but limited, it misese 0.8w and 30w?
LNB69
Priority - auto
LOF - inversal LNB
Voltage mode - polerisation
increased violtage - no
tone mode - on
fast disec - no
toneburst - none
disec 1 command - none
disec 1.1 command - none
sequence repaeat - no
latititude 050.767 east
longitude 005.100 east
extra motor options = no

I have noted that on extrend remote there is no option button to select saterlites/channels or move the dish like on others.

abu baniaz
03-12-16, 11:51
Sorry, I was asking about the hardware.

Please answer the following with regards to hardware again:

Q1.What method of control has your motor been physically setup for?
3. Don't know

I am reducing scope of your answers down to get you a solution quickly.

Forget scanning for time being..

abu baniaz
03-12-16, 12:03
Your tuner configuration (software) is wrong, You have told the receiver you are in Germany.

Use these settings for the satellite tuner.

Joe_90
03-12-16, 12:50
@alien1x - If you're in London, then your longitude will be 0.xxx east or west not - 005.100 east which places you in Germany as abu says. Your northern coordinate puts you way south of London - somewhere in Eastbourne, possibly. Where are you getting your coordinates from?

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 12:54
Sorry, I was asking about the hardware.

Please answer the following with regards to hardware again:

Q1.What method of control has your motor been physically setup for?
3. Don't know

I am reducing scope of your answers down to get you a solution quickly.

Forget scanning for time being..

1. USALS I think?

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 12:59
@alien1x - If you're in London, then your longitude will be 0.xxx east or west not - 005.100 east which places you in Germany as abu says. Your northern coordinate puts you way south of London - somewhere in Eastbourne, possibly. Where are you getting your coordinates from?

looked online with post code and its says
Latitude: 51.5651271 N
Longitude: 0.208543 E

Joe_90
03-12-16, 13:07
Yes - those coordinates put you in London ok, but they're not the ones you posted earlier. You need to type those into the tuner setup menu as abu highlighted in the previous post. The software in the tuner needs to know these details in order to calculate what direction and how much to turn the motor. USALS is correct.

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 13:07
Your tuner configuration (software) is wrong, You have told the receiver you are in Germany.

Use these settings for the satellite tuner.

ok now corrected it, now do I go for manual, auto scan ?

abu baniaz
03-12-16, 13:10
Forget scanning for now!

1. Set the tuner config as pictured.
2. Post a screenshot of the new tuner config you have set
3. Stop enigma2 with the following command "init 4"
4. Download this attachment
5. Extract/unzip this attachment
6. Transfer this attachment and send to etc/enigma2/
7. Restart receiver with "init 3" command

Check you can receive channels

8a
Press Channel up
Green for satellites
Select 0.8 w and go through channels

Question: 8A are most channels OK or do they give tune failed?

8b
Press Channel up
Green for satellites
Select 13e and go through channels

Question: 8b are most channels OK or do they give tune failed?

8c
Press Channel up
Green for satellites
Select 19e and go through channels

Question: 8c are most channels OK or do they give tune failed?

If these instructions/advice do not make sense, please say so.
If you do not want to follow them, please say so.

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 13:11
Yes - those coordinates put you in London ok, but they're not the ones you posted earlier. You need to type those into the tuner setup menu as abu highlighted in the previous post. The software in the tuner needs to know these details in order to calculate what direction and how much to turn the motor. USALS is correct.

Yses, I corrected it, now do I go for manual or auto scan as the current page setup only saves the setting

Joe_90
03-12-16, 13:21
Yses, I corrected it, now do I go for manual or auto scan as the current page setup only saves the setting

Please follow abu's suggestions from here on. I was just getting you to the correct start point ;)

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 13:21
Forget scanning for now!

1. Set the tuner config as pictured.
2. Post a screenshot of the new tuner config you have set
3. Stop enigma2 with the following command "init 4"
4. Download this attachement
5. Extract/unzip this attachment
6. Transfer this attachment and send to etc/enigma2/
7. Restart receiver with "init 3" command

Check you can receive channels

8a
Press Channel up
Green for satellites
Select 0.8 w and go through channels

Question: 8A are most channels OK or do they give tune failed?

8b
Press Channel up
Green for satellites
Select 13e and go through channels

Question: 8b are most channels OK or do they give tune failed?

8c
Press Channel up
Green for satellites
Select 19e and go through channels

Question: 8c are most channels OK or do they give tune failed?

If these instructions/advice do not make sense, please say so.
If you do not want to follow them, please say so.

wow that's a lot, ok let me me first take this step by step:
my receiver will not take a screenshot or up load files to this forum- I tried to set up my forum user name and email address on the box, but it wont let me on the receiver?

My tuner tuner config is as follows:
Tuner D: avl6211 (dbb-s2) positioner USALS

tuner setup is as follows:
Config mode - simple
mode - positioner
longtitude 000.208 E
LAT 051.565 N

Extra motar options - no

how do I do step 3 init 4 ?

abu baniaz
03-12-16, 13:23
YOu do not take screenshots with receiver, you use PC/laptop. What is the IP address of the receiver?

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 13:28
YOu do not take screenshots with receiver, you use PC/laptop. What is the IP address of the receiver?

ip is 192.168.1.5

abu baniaz
03-12-16, 13:32
For reference only:
copy this line and paste this in your web browser's address bar on PC/laptop.

http://192.168.1.5/grab?format=jpg

If your receiver's IP address changes, change to suit.

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 13:36
For reference only:
copy this line and paste this in your web browser's address bar on PC/laptop.

If your receiver's IP address changes, change to suit.
that's the terrestrial channel I'm watching right now what u have just posted

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 13:39
that's the terrestrial channel I'm watching right now what u have just posted

here are both settings http://192.168.1.5/grab?format=jpg

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 13:43

settings in advanced mode http://192.168.1.5/grab?format=jpg

Joe_90
03-12-16, 13:46
@alien1x - you are not attaching the saved images of your screens to your forum posts properly. You need to save them on your PC and then upload them (use the go advanced function and pick up the jpg and attach it). What you're posting are links to your internal network which won't work.

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 13:56
@alien1x - you are not attaching the saved images of your screens to your forum posts properly. You need to save them on your PC and then upload them (use the go advanced function and pick up the jpg and attach it). What you're posting are links to your internal network which won't work.

I have re attached

Joe_90
03-12-16, 14:08
That looks ok as regards tuner settings but you don't need to use the advanced version - there is a simple setting with a motor also, but whatever works for you.
Just a quick question as regards your motorised satellite dish. Have you used it before with a different receiver? What satellite positions do you receive? If the motor is correctly set up and has been working in the past, then a scan of any or all transponders on 28.2 should cause the motor to move the dish and pull in some channels.

I don't want to butt in on abu's support procedure and he will give you ideal settings for getting a good mix of terrestrial and satellite channels (the bouquets). I will be away from the PC myself for some hours as I have some domestic jobs that need to be completed!

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 14:28
That looks ok as regards tuner settings but you don't need to use the advanced version - there is a simple setting with a motor also, but whatever works for you.
Just a quick question as regards your motorised satellite dish. Have you used it before with a different receiver? What satellite positions do you receive? If the motor is correctly set up and has been working in the past, then a scan of any or all transponders on 28.2 should cause the motor to move the dish and pull in some channels.

I don't want to butt in on abu's support procedure and he will give you ideal settings for getting a good mix of terrestrial and satellite channels (the bouquets). I will be away from the PC myself for some hours as I have some domestic jobs that need to be completed!

I can click on the simple mode too but it only has save options and no scan option or type of scan.
I have used the motor before and its set up for 28e, 19e 13e 0.8w and 30w with my old tn6800 receiver which is still at hand. As said, I'm I'm changing over to Linux with this new system i have now.

I can scan saterlites but not a full scan on 13,19,28e, 0.8w ans 30w as it missis out all the sky channels, eden including sky on19e, sports on 0.8w. It may something to do with limits settings ?

I have also attached my positioner settings, not sure what to so with that?

abu baniaz
03-12-16, 15:00
We don't even know if his motor tracks the arc properly. If it does not, no point scanning. This is why I uploaded Vhannibal's lamedb file for him. (Now removed, he can get himself)

The chap stated his tuner configuration was simple, picture shows advanced. His latest picture shows him trying to set t up on non-usals motor control. Hopefully someone can assist him. I'm off to work.

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 15:10
We don't even know if his motor tracks the arc properly. If it does not, no point scanning. This is why I uploaded Vhannibal's lamedb file for him. (Now removed, he can get himself)

The chap stated his tuner configuration was simple, picture shows advanced. His latest picture shows him trying to set t up on non-usals motor control. Hopefully someone can assist him. I'm off to work.

It tracks the arch on my old reciever but due to location and local site obstructions I can only pick up 13,19,28e and 0.8w and 30w which is good enough for me. I'm trying to scan in the same on my new Linux plug in tuner from WOSby trying to use USALS.

I will Use old receiver to move to the dish 0.8w as my ref point for usals and start the set up again on the new Linux system again using the simple method as stated.
but I need to know once I have configured that option, what type of scan do I go or - manual, auto etc?

abu baniaz
03-12-16, 15:23
in manual scan menu, there is option to scan multiple satellites.

you must highlight the correct tuner.

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 15:26
in manual scan menu, there is option to scan multiple satellites.

you must highlight the correct tuner.

I will try that and see how I get on.

birdman
03-12-16, 15:40

http://192.168.1.5/grab?format=jpgYou've managed to post links, not an image of your set-up.

Open a Web-browser window to http://192.168.1.5/ and click on Screenshot on the left-hand side.
With your remote get the box to show what you want to be seen.
Take a snapshot in the browser (there is a menu-only option).
Upload (paper-clip at top of Go Advanced mode on the forum post) the resulting image.

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 16:03
You've managed to post links, not an image of your set-up.

Open a Web-browser window to http://192.168.1.5/ and click on Screenshot on the left-hand side.
Upload (paper-clip at top of Go Advanced mode on the forum post) the resulting image.

see post 32 and 34 if that helps?
I'm starting the set up again as mentioned above in post 36 and 37 ?

Joe_90
03-12-16, 16:10
You've managed to post links, not an image of your set-up.

He's sort of fixed that in later post.

@alien1x - there is no scan option in the actual tuner setup. That's just for setting the motor and LNB etc. When you save the settings you can go into the Service Searching menu and there you can select which satellite you want and the type of scan. The linux receivers do work quite differently from the older "closed source" receivers. Took me a while to come to grips with the way of doing things!

I'm going to assume your motor is working and is tracking from what you've posted earlier. Just use the "manual scan" in the Service Searching menu and you will see the options to scan whole satellite or just a particular transponder. Start with 19.2 as it's got mostly German channels and will be easy to distinguish from your terrestrial channels. Afterwards, you can play with the other options in the menu including AutoBouquetsMaker to make channel lists and CrossEPG to pull in EPG data from satellite. Back to my painting...

EDIT - how big is your dish? You must have a good view to the south if you can track from 28E to 30W.

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 17:26
51558515665156551564515635156251561515605155951567 51558515665156551564515635156251561515605155951567
He's sort of fixed that in later post.

@alien1x - there is no scan option in the actual tuner setup. That's just for setting the motor and LNB etc. When you save the settings you can go into the Service Searching menu and there you can select which satellite you want and the type of scan. The linux receivers do work quite differently from the older "closed source" receivers. Took me a while to come to grips with the way of doing things!

I'm going to assume your motor is working and is tracking from what you've posted earlier. Just use the "manual scan" in the Service Searching menu and you will see the options to scan whole satellite or just a particular transponder. Start with 19.2 as it's got mostly German channels and will be easy to distinguish from your terrestrial channels. Afterwards, you can play with the other options in the menu including AutoBouquetsMaker to make channel lists and CrossEPG to pull in EPG data from satellite. Back to my painting...

EDIT - how big is your dish? You must have a good view to the south if you can track from 28E to 30W.

see all screen shots below, my dish is 90cm.

scan worked this time, but still few channels missing I guess I will have to manually scan these in with out overriding or deleting anything?

I need to find a way of accessing finding the scanned channels quicker as the list is so long. Surely there must be a menui system where I can select the saterlite then select the channel I wany ton see form a alphabetical menu /list?

Huevos
03-12-16, 18:28
You must have a good view to the south if you can track from 28E to 30W.I can track 57E to 61W. :D

Joe_90
03-12-16, 18:32
Yay - you're 90% there!

Now you need to do some homework . Open AutoBouquetsMaker and enable Freesat London (on 28.2) to start with. It will pull in all the Freesat services and organise them into categories - as many or as few as you like. This will give you a list organised the same as a Freesat receiver. You can do the same with SKY if you have a SKY card to view encrypted channels. I used to use my SKY card in my receiver, but I cancelled SKY about 6 months ago so now I just look at free to air stuff. I have pretty much zero interest in football or SKY movies. Start from there and you can add other providers as I think there are some for 19.2, 42.0, 23.5 etc. I just use the alphabetical lists from the satellite scans if I need to view something. What abu was trying to get you to install earlier was a set of channel bouquets for different satellites which would mean you don't have to scan manually. You can do that and play around now that you've got the swing of things. I can't rate AutoBouquetsMaker highly enough, though, as it will manage any channel moves on SKY/Freesat/Freeview and you can do a lot of configuration to get a combination of terrestrial and satellite channels in a list the way you want it. Combine that with CrossEPG (it's on the EPG page) and you will have a nice programme guide. I presume you have a hard drive in the receiver? Store the EPG on it, or use a USB stick if you don't have a hard drive. Your journey starts here!

Joe_90
03-12-16, 18:36
I can track 57E to 61W. :D

I have a horizon to the East at about 54E and I used to get 58W regularly, but there seems to be nothing there now?

I thought the OP might have been restricted to the west due to his geographic location, but he can obviously track the arc pretty well.

Huevos
03-12-16, 19:45
58W mainly C-band.

ALIEN1X
03-12-16, 21:36
Yay - you're 90% there!

Now you need to do some homework . Open AutoBouquetsMaker and enable Freesat London (on 28.2) to start with. It will pull in all the Freesat services and organise them into categories - as many or as few as you like. This will give you a list organised the same as a Freesat receiver. You can do the same with SKY if you have a SKY card to view encrypted channels. I used to use my SKY card in my receiver, but I cancelled SKY about 6 months ago so now I just look at free to air stuff. I have pretty much zero interest in football or SKY movies. Start from there and you can add other providers as I think there are some for 19.2, 42.0, 23.5 etc. I just use the alphabetical lists from the satellite scans if I need to view something. What abu was trying to get you to install earlier was a set of channel bouquets for different satellites which would mean you don't have to scan manually. You can do that and play around now that you've got the swing of things. I can't rate AutoBouquetsMaker highly enough, though, as it will manage any channel moves on SKY/Freesat/Freeview and you can do a lot of configuration to get a combination of terrestrial and satellite channels in a list the way you want it. Combine that with CrossEPG (it's on the EPG page) and you will have a nice programme guide. I presume you have a hard drive in the receiver? Store the EPG on it, or use a USB stick if you don't have a hard drive. Your journey starts here!

If I open Auto Bouqutet is it available for all channels and services on 13e, 19e,28e, etc?
I assume this will auto update to save me re-scanning?
Is there a guide on how to set this up or do I just download and install it and job done?
yes I have a hardisk attached so will give it a go.

Huevos
03-12-16, 22:10
If you are using OpenViX image, ABM is an embedded plugin. Just select the broadcasters you want from the provider menu and then select scan.

ALIEN1X
04-12-16, 13:35
If I open Auto Bouqutet is it available for all channels and services on 13e, 19e,28e, etc?
I assume this will auto update to save me re-scanning?
Is there a guide on how to set this up or do I just download and install it and job done?
yes I have a hardisk attached so will give it a go.

OK tried the ABM plugin and went thru settings including cross EPG, scanned the chosen saterlites then received error message saying can not read data?

Checked menus/epg nothing has changed in the way sats/channles are organised, unkess that's the way its ment to look like and saves me rescanning channels and sats when thay change or move?

I have added screen shots of settings.

Joe_90
04-12-16, 14:34
I did suggest you start with Freesat on 28.2 first ;) ABM looks for specific transponders on particular satellites in order to obtain the bouquet information. If there is an issue during the scan the process stops. Your dish will need to be able to receive the particular transponder, so if it's not tracking properly you may have issues.

So, start with Freesat/SKY on 28.2 only and ensure ABM completes ok. There is a log kept for ABM which you can review to find where it stopped. Alternatively turn on debug logs in the setup/settings/logs menu.

ALIEN1X
04-12-16, 18:54
I did suggest you start with Freesat on 28.2 first ;) ABM looks for specific transponders on particular satellites in order to obtain the bouquet information. If there is an issue during the scan the process stops. Your dish will need to be able to receive the particular transponder, so if it's not tracking properly you may have issues.

So, start with Freesat/SKY on 28.2 only and ensure ABM completes ok. There is a log kept for ABM which you can review to find where it stopped. Alternatively turn on debug logs in the setup/settings/logs menu.

Many thanks I will try again

Joe_90
04-12-16, 20:08
If you click on the Quick Support Menu drop-down here on the forum you will find lots of interesting guides and how-to's :)

ALIEN1X
04-12-16, 21:39
If you click on the Quick Support Menu drop-down here on the forum you will find lots of interesting guides and how-to's :)
I will look at that too

ALIEN1X
26-12-17, 14:03

I have lost most of my terestrial channels so out of 17approx 170 I only now gety 107 channels example if I click on BBC NEWS HD i get a blank screen with error message ' Tuner Failed'.

A i have 3 terestrial plugin tunner a, b and c, tuner D is a Sat Tuner . I have set tuner A to united Kngdom , Londpn crstal palce etc. Oout of approx 170 channels which I had before I now get only 107 channels after rescanning?

MY tuner A congeration is set for network scan, UK, Crystal Palace, stll i have the same problsm - tuner failed on some channels only when selecting BBC NEWS Of othe main menu.

I only get 107 channels on EPG, any tps of how can get eh rest of the missing channels?

abu baniaz
26-12-17, 15:22
Please respond to the question that is asked even if you think it is irrelevant. If you don't understand the question, please say so. If you want to make another statement, do so in another post. Please forgive our short comings.

Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner A.
Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner B.
Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner C.

Post a screenshot of the page showing the scan details. If you don't scan, but use ABM instead, please say so.

A guide to taking screenshots is here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

ALIEN1X
29-12-17, 18:21
Please respond to the question that is asked even if you think it is irrelevant. If you don't understand the question, please say so. If you want to make another statement, do so in another post. Please forgive our short comings.

Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner A.
Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner B.
Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner C.

Post a screenshot of the page showing the scan details. If you don't scan, but use ABM instead, please say so.

A guide to taking screenshots is here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

Hi, Thanks for the response, prior to taking any screen shots I have discovered what the problem is. Bad aeral cable connection or 2 way areral spliter. When touching any of these 2 items it increase or decfreases the signal which effects the channel scan.

just hope its only the cheap little spliter and not the cable which cost me alot https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001TIPWPU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I managed to re-scan and get about 172 channels onluy when tinkering with cable lead or spliter.