PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] upgrade 4.0 to 4.2 setting saving

frenchtony
01-12-16, 11:47
Hi
I tried to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2 as I cannot seem to download any plugins on 4.0.

All went ok but I cannot restore my settings to 4.2 as they are not compatible

I therefore went back to 4.0

Can anyone tell me what directories I might be able to FTP off the box before doing the upgrade such that I may be able to FTP them back and save all the reconfiguration.

My receiver is a Vu+Duo2

Many thanks

Ashley69
01-12-16, 11:56
Unfortunately you can't restore settings and plugins going from 4.0 to 4.2. It has to be set up from scratch.

There are some files you can ftp to your desktop and put them back in after. Timers i think is one of them.

frenchtony
01-12-16, 13:24
its the soft cams I am having trouble with as there were no files in the relevant directories after the upgrade

john doe
01-12-16, 14:01
you may need to setup the softcam you want to use from new and amend files files to your local card

Milamber44
01-12-16, 14:52
I have tried to upgrade from 4.1.16 to 4.2.19, but although I am "walked through" the setup procedure and sorting everything out correctly, ie internet access is good etc, when rebooting or switching off <wait a bit> switching on again, the beast does not boot completely, but hangs with a black screen. Any help would be welcomed. Regards.

M.

timofee
01-12-16, 15:20
To the op with a softcams question. You can save your configuration files, and FTP them back after you have loaded the new image. Then use the plugins menu to load the softcam that you used before.

john doe
01-12-16, 15:28
try reflashing again with usb. you may need to setup everything from new, no restore etc

jukkal2
01-12-16, 19:30
its the soft cams I am having trouble with as there were no files in the relevant directories after the upgrade
I bought my Ultimo in August 2013 and the retailer supplied it with oscam installed and configured.
Whenever there has been an update that has required flashing without settings restore, I have backed up the directory /etc/tuxbox/config and copied the contents back after the flashing procedure.
The same over three year old oscam config files still work with OpenVix 4.2.018.
(I haven't yet updated to the newer image that seems to be available, waiting for a convenient time when nothing is being recorded or watched..)