PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] No Free Tuner Problem

lynxeffect
01-12-16, 11:33
Hi

I purchased a box from WOS with Openvix pre-flashed to it around 10 months ago. I recently had to re-flash the box so i could update the box as the old Vix version couldn't be updated via the box itself. I have an Xtrend ET8000 Twin tuner. 2 cables come in from my Satellite dish and 1 is plugged into Tuner A, the second goes into Tuner B. Since the reflash, i am unable to record 1 programme whilst watching another. Ie If I am watching BBC1 and there's a recording set on Channel 5, as soon as the recording begins, the screen goes black and i get a "No Free Tuner" message. When i bring up the channel list, all the channels are greyed out with the exception of a few other channel 5 related channels (presumably on same transponder)

Can anybody tell me what my settings should be for each tuner?? Really stumped with this one and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

abu baniaz
01-12-16, 11:38
What have you configured tuner A as?
What have you configured tuner B as?

lynxeffect
01-12-16, 11:54
Hi Abu, thanks for the reply.

Had both Tuner A & Tuner B set to :

Simple
Single
28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
No

Then i tried keeping Tuner A as above and Changing Tuner B only to:

Loop Through To Tuner A

No such luck, any ideas??:confused:

judge
01-12-16, 13:03
Don't use loopthrough when you have a feed to all tuners.

lynxeffect
01-12-16, 13:15
I didn't think that would be correct Judge, I have just been trying various configurations to see if i can get it to work. Would you say both Tuners should be the same if you have a feed to both Tuners as per my original set-up below?

Simple
Single
28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
No

Thanks for you help

abu baniaz
01-12-16, 14:37
Your tuner configuration must match what is attached to it. In your case, simple, single, 28.2 is correct l. Based on your description.

Are you sure nobody is streaming from your receiver? That would occupy a tuner.

lynxeffect
01-12-16, 15:02
Hi Abu

Not that i'm aware of, how would i know if somebody is streaming from my receiver?? Would Re-Flashing and setting up from scratch with latest Vix image be worth a shot??

Thanks

ccs
01-12-16, 15:33
Streaming clients can be found easily via the menu button - information/streaming clients info

lynxeffect
01-12-16, 15:56
Thank you css, will give this a check and report back.

IAmATeaf
01-12-16, 16:29
Try enabling each tuner in turn, set the other to disabled to confirm that they are both working.

lynxeffect
01-12-16, 21:11
Checked Clients info and nobody streaming. I done what IAmATeaf said above. Disabled Tuner A and managed to get all channels using just Tuner B. Then enabled Tuner A whilst disabling Tuner B, again managed to get all channels whilst only using Tuner A. Then had an idea. I have timeshift activated on my box so i can pause and rewind live tv etc, in the timeshift settings i changed the "allow timeshift when recording" from Yes to.No and that seems to have cured the problem for now. I have tried recording 1 prog on BBC1 & i was still able to access all other channels. Does anybody know of you should be able to use timeshift on one channel whilst recoding on another?? Thanks for all the help guys, appreciated.