PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo 4K question

DaMacFunkin
30-11-16, 09:40
I know this is the Solo4K thread but a) there is no Ultimo 4K thread and b) Owners of the Solo4K are more likely to be interested or know the answers to Questions about the Ultimo 4K.

My main question before I pre-order the Ultimo is does anybody have any information about the FBC DVB-C tuner? Will it work with UK cable either as FBC (8 tuners), As a Twin or single Tuner because maybe UK cable can not work with FBC, or will it not work at all?

Please no lame answers stating we don't know because we don't have the unit yet... You don't need to have the unit to have information.

Sicilian
30-11-16, 10:06
Sorry, but you're going to get a lame answer :p, none of us have an FBC DVB-C tuner to test and answer your question.

VU+ have provided no answers to this question, also they've been sent many requested for samples.

DaMacFunkin
30-11-16, 13:19
So are VU+ the only people who know the specs of DVB-C FBC? They are only the end but in the chain, some other company must design and build the chip, so it is possible someone else has a data sheet.

Huevos
30-11-16, 13:48
it is possible someone else has a data sheet.Lol. :D

There would be a non-disclosure agreement.

Anyway, that just concerns the drivers. Enigma2 will need code to operate that tuner.

Ev0
30-11-16, 15:01
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with uk cable (it only needs to scan in a frequency after all).

Not sure if you would get 8 channels from it though.

Sicilian
30-11-16, 15:20
To add to this thread. VU+ Uno4K does not use standard VU+ Tuner modules. They are totally different to existing modules.

Ev0
30-11-16, 15:26
To add to this thread. VU+ Uno4K does not use standard VU+ Tuner modules. They are totally different to existing modules.

The Ultimo4K I believe will take 1 of the current standard pluggable tuner modules, along with 2 of the new FBC pluggable modules.

Huevos
30-11-16, 15:35
Not sure if you would get 8 channels from it though.Exactly my point

thecaretaker
01-12-16, 00:06
What does FBC stand for? :confused:

abu baniaz
01-12-16, 00:27
Full Band Capture