PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Annoying behaviour after a mains electricity powercut.

sandiego69
28-11-16, 11:08
When I get a power-cut during an absence from home the box restarts (reboots) itself.
This has happened a few times but the most annoying time was when I was away on holiday for 4 weeks.
I leave the box on standby to record everything that I have set as timers.

Is there any way that after a power-cut the box can revert to standby state?

judge
28-11-16, 11:22
Set an inactivity power timer.

Rob van der Does
28-11-16, 11:31
This sounds as if you get powercuts quite often. I hope you are aware of the possible damage this can do to electronic equipment?
In my area (very short) powercuts were happening quite frequently, and therefore I'm now using several UPSses (Uninterrupted Power Supplies) for all my equipment (STB, amp, TV, phone, NAS, modem, router, PC, laptop). I can only advise you to do the same.

ccs
28-11-16, 11:39
Standby isn't much different to being fully switched on - only the AV output isn't being used.

Deep standby is much closer to being switched off, and a power cut would probably do less potential harm, although the box would still wake up as it would in standby.

Rob van der Does
28-11-16, 11:45
A powercut doesn't harm a box in deep sleep at all, as the box is completely switched off. But indeed: once the power has been restored, the box boots up fully; in that case a powertimer can do the trick.

So indeed: using deep sleep as much as possible will limit the number of possible harming powercuts.

Piranha
28-11-16, 17:23
When I get a power-cut during an absence from home the box restarts (reboots) itself.
This has happened a few times but the most annoying time was when I was away on holiday for 4 weeks.
I leave the box on standby to record everything that I have set as timers.

Is there any way that after a power-cut the box can revert to standby state?

Following a power cut, any box I have ever had (quite a few!) will reboot - then, it will remain fully 'on' until there is a system command to put it into standby or deep standby.

As Judge has pointed out - set an inactivity Power Timer and then your box will revert to whatever state you stipulate after x amount of time following a power outage.

For example: menu/Timers/Power Timers/Add (Green button) -

Scroll to and set:
Timer type - auto standby - default is wakeup
Sleep delay - your choice - default is 060 minutes
Repeat type - your choice - default is once - suggest repeated if you are not there to 'wakeup' the box

You can experiment with the options and find what suits your purposes best.

sandiego69
29-11-16, 07:07
Many thanks for all suggestions.