PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Recording menu parameters prior to upgrade - WebIF

George Kildare
25-11-16, 08:41
Apologies if this is a stupid question.

I gather that restore settings does not work in going from 4.1 to 4.2. Before flash upgrading I would therefore like to record the preferences that I have set in all the menus (e.g. buttons, zapping, record and playback parameters etc.). How should I do this? Writing down all the menu settings is a huge job. The /etc/enigma2/settings file seems to be mainly bouquets.

I haven’t been able to get webif to work on my Mac so that I can take a screenshot of the menus. If I insert the IP address of my box into Safari, it says that it cannot connect to the server. However Idreamx works perfectly with the same IP.

Is there a list of the menu defaults anywhere, so that I can compare them and see what I have changed? It would be nice if non-default menu parameters were indicated in a separate colour.

Many thanks.

abu baniaz
25-11-16, 08:46
The settings file is not bouquets. Upload it as an attachment, you will need to zip it first.

Almost everything that is default won't be recorded. Actually one of the main changes in 4.2.

George Kildare
25-11-16, 10:02
Thanks Abu. I've never attached a file to a message before. I hope that this works.

abu baniaz
25-11-16, 19:25
Your attachment was included fine. I have removed it as it had your email address for the log manager settings.

I have edited the file and reposted to your other thread. The only references to bouquets are which channels you were last on.

You will be fine.