PDA

View Full Version : Softcam 2.3.0 startup issue when changing satellites.

jonmarkwright
22-11-16, 12:22
Hi,

Has anyone experienced an issue with softcam 2.3.0 auto startup when changing to a different satellite?

Basically the problem is that i have the softcam started on one satellite and auto startup selected. therefore softcam 2.3.0 indicates active and ticked for auto start-up in the manager.
This works on the current satellite selected but when i then select a different satellite the soft cam stop and i have to go to the soft cam manager again to reactivate again?

I have read a post else where that suggested restarting the box with the softcam stopped but this does'nt appear to sort the problem. My box is is a vu+ solo 2 with enigma 2 and latest vix.
any help appreciated.

spanner123
22-11-16, 14:00
Only a suggestion but try using mgcamd and put softcam file in usr/keys. Should work ok.

jonmarkwright
22-11-16, 16:55
Hi thanks for the reply is there a tutorial anywhere for this setup?

tappari
22-11-16, 17:13
Hi thanks for the reply is there a tutorial anywhere for this setup?
Sorry to say, but Cccam and Mgcamd are both dead softcams having no support anymore.

john doe
22-11-16, 17:24
the cams are not dead, both cams work fine. As more new ARM/4K receivers are made people will need to move to OSCAM or MGcamd ARM.

if you look on this forum there is config files that you can amend.

see link here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53513-mgcamd&highlight=mgcamd+files

spanner123
22-11-16, 17:30
I assume you are familiar with how to ftp to box using Dreambox Control Centre or Filezilla. If so then go to plugins then download plugins (green) and then softcams and select mgcamd 1.38

When finished installing connect to box with DCC or Filezilla and ftp your SoftCam.key file to usr/keys then go to softcam manger (blue button) and stop cccam and disable startup then select mgcamd select start and enable startup. Reboot

Hope this helps but I am no expert. Someone else might be able to help further.

tappari
22-11-16, 17:40
the cams are not dead, both cams work fine. As more new ARM/4K receivers are made people will need to move to OSCAM or MGcamd ARM.

if you look on this forum there is config files that you can amend.

see link here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53513-mgcamd&highlight=mgcamd+files
It depens of your cards. Five years ago I tried to have my local Conax cards working with Cccam withtout sucseed. After that I studied oscam. Works fine today.

jonmarkwright
22-11-16, 20:43
Thanks all for your replies.
Spanner 123 I have tried what you said. And currently havegcamd. 1.38 installed on soft cam manager. I dropped the file SoftCam.key which I generated through notepad and transfered via filzila to the directory you said but comes up with the message I the software manager no config files found please setup my card first.

spanner123
22-11-16, 21:02
Thanks all for your replies.
Spanner 123 I have tried what you said. And currently havegcamd. 1.38 installed on soft cam manager. I dropped the file SoftCam.key which I generated through notepad and transfered via filzila to the directory you said but comes up with the message I the software manager no config files found please setup my card first.

Is spelling of file with capital S and capital C? & definitely in keys folder?

Ashley69
22-11-16, 21:19
Have you also transferred your mg_cfg file over to user /keys? Will not work without this file.

spanner123
22-11-16, 21:27
Have you also transferred your mg_cfg file over to user /keys? Will not work without this file.

Thanks ash.....I was just about to post this also! Completely forgot.

Use one of these from 3rd post down;

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52329-Finally-got-MGCamd-working!&highlight=mg_cfg

The middle one should be good.

john doe
23-11-16, 09:51
Thanks ash.....I was just about to post this also! Completely forgot.

Use one of these from 3rd post down;

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52329-Finally-got-MGCamd-working!&highlight=mg_cfg

The middle one should be good.

see post 5, with link to the config files. all you need to do is amend to your details

jonmarkwright
23-11-16, 12:49
Hi yes I spelled the file correctly with the caps,

jonmarkwright
23-11-16, 12:59
But i did not add the MG_cfg file
Sorry for my dumbness on this but do i drop the MG_cfg file and the newcamd.list into keys as per that zip folder on the second link as suggested above?
So therefore i will have SoftCam.key MG_cfg and newcamd.list in the keys folder?

John Doe are you referring to modifying the MG file? if so with what program?

spanner123
23-11-16, 13:03
But i did not add the MG_cfg file
Sorry for my dumbness on this but do i drop the MG_cfg file and the newcamd.list into keys as per that zip folder on the second link as suggested above?
So therefore i will have SoftCam.key MG_cfg and newcamd.list in the keys folder?

John Doe are you referring to modifying the MG file? if so with what program?

Yes in keys folder you should have SoftCam.key & mg_cfg. newcamd.list is only needed if you have a line but no discussion is allowed about that on here.

There is no need to edit mg_cfg

jonmarkwright
24-11-16, 16:11
Thank you I will try this out tonight.

tonyr3001
09-12-16, 21:31
thanks for this thread I was having the same problem with my zero
it seems to be sorted no :):)

Andy_Hazza
09-12-16, 21:39
Why people still bother with Cccam n Mgcamd is beyond me. The sooner you all learn Oscam, the better. Oscam is always being updated whereas Cccam & Mgcamd are just DEAD and no longer being maintained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blu-ray
09-12-16, 21:59
Why people still bother with Cccam n Mgcamd is beyond me. The sooner you all learn Oscam, the better. Oscam is always being updated whereas Cccam & Mgcamd are just DEAD and no longer being maintained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the new 4k satellite box's coming out which only use Oscam you can expect a lot more people asking the same old thing over and over again. Sicilian quoted in a earlier post was going to sort something out people are still waiting. I am surprised no one has put Oscam files on Ebay for 99 pence. lol