PDA

View Full Version : Plugin location

kris07
21-11-16, 21:09
Hi guys, I've been having a bit of an issue with plugins. whatever I download I get a crash messgage saying no room on device or something simiar, the thing is a I have a 1tb hdd which is not full or any near being full.

I'm wanting to know is there some logs or cache that needs clearing from the plugin location, where ever that is! :confused:

Does anyoe know??

Thanks,:thumbsup:

abu baniaz
21-11-16, 21:17
Plugins are installed on the flash memory of your receiver. There are plugins to move plugins to storage devices though.

Usual locations are:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins

kris07
21-11-16, 21:19
Thanks Abu :thumbsup:

kris07
21-11-16, 21:21
Do you know what the plugins are that I need?

Larry-G
21-11-16, 21:26
Do you know what the plugins are that I need?

Generally you don't need to clear any thing in the image cache wise, unless your duo is one of the very few to suffer the memory leak and believe me if it were you would know it as it would be unusable. Just don't fill it full of every plugin or skin known to man.

kris07
21-11-16, 21:34
Haha I havn't I only have Kodi and 1 or 2 skins. I cant understand why its full to be honest. I did have Exodus so just removed that so only kodi now.

kris07
21-11-16, 21:36
Haha I havn't I only have Kodi and 1 or 2 skins. I cant understand why its full to be honest. I did have Exodus so just removed that so only kodi now.

I think my mate must have a memory leaky vu+duo it re-boots all the time!!

Larry-G
21-11-16, 21:39

Its a 7 year old receiver and image size has grown massively in that time, where the flash has not. No surprise really that it's starting to struggle with free space. Even a skin can take 10 meg or more of your flash. You could try the so called flash expander plugins but I have no experience with them plus I don't tend to get on with their authors so I'm not exactly objective.

Larry-G
21-11-16, 21:41
I think my mate must have a memory leaky vu+duo it re-boots all the time!!

nahh unlikely. The memory leak didn't reboot the receiver, more ground it to a bloody halt. Only the dreaded cache flush plugin could help in those instances but bear in mind that using cache flush needlessly can also negatively affect a otherwise healthy receiver.

Larry-G
21-11-16, 21:49
Also remember your receiver is running Linux and Linux handles memory very differently to windows. Linux will try to use as much of the memory as it can for system tasks, freeing up portions for other things when needed. So its not at all unusual to see only 5 percent free memory in the gui. You will have more when needed but the system is always going to use as much as possible when it can. So nowt to really worry about.

kris07
21-11-16, 21:51
Ohh the cache flush sounds a bit scarey, think I'll leave that then. Yes they are getting a bit old now. Mine is still chugging away so I'll still persist.

Thanks for the info tho Larry & Abu its much appreciated guys :thumbsup:

Larry-G
21-11-16, 22:07
Ohh the cache flush sounds a bit scarey, think I'll leave that then. Yes they are getting a bit old now. Mine is still chugging away so I'll still persist.

Thanks for the info tho Larry & Abu its much appreciated guys :thumbsup:

It does the job it was meant for but it's way too widely touted as the magic one fix plugin by people who really don't know how it works.