PDA

View Full Version : New receiver - CABLE - what to buy?

Jonny101
21-11-16, 14:23
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying a new box. The one I have is old and unsupported. I only bought it to test out getting it all up and running successfully which worked, so now I'm comfortable with spending a bit more money on it!
I only have a cable feed coming in to the house, no satellite.
I would ideally like to be able to record one program (maybe two if possible?) and watch another.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

mrxbox360
21-11-16, 16:49
you can't go wrong with the edision dvb-c box for £80 & i should know i use 2x myself & I've supplied them to my customers without any issues :thumbsup:

danlou
21-11-16, 17:44
for multi recording check out :
1. Xtrend 8500 (a few bugs need ironing out but stick to version vix 4.1.16) but excellent receiver , people will either love or hate the look from £178
2. Mutant HD51 4K box - relatively new but plenty of support from £199, fast boot-up
3. Miraclebox Twin premium+ from £220 - excellent box , quality build

Out of the three I would go for option 3 purely because of great build and durability. All three support internal hard drives.

fevgatos
21-11-16, 23:46
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying a new box. The one I have is old and unsupported. I only bought it to test out getting it all up and running successfully which worked, so now I'm comfortable with spending a bit more money on it!
I only have a cable feed coming in to the house, no satellite.
I would ideally like to be able to record one program (maybe two if possible?) and watch another.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Hi Jonny101,there on market they are lots of boxi's this days ,you how much money you want to spend for the cable box ,

regards Nick

Jonny101
22-11-16, 09:31
Hi Jonny101,there on market they are lots of boxi's this days ,you how much money you want to spend for the cable box ,

regards Nick

Hi fevgatos,

I'm willing to spend up to £250 as long as the box I get is capable of recording one channel whilst watching another.

Cheers
Jonny

Jonny101
22-11-16, 09:32
Also, any guide's on setting it up for multiple tuners would be great. Cheers