PDA

View Full Version : Question about ordering Vu+ Duo2

Daviemck
20-11-16, 23:57
I just wanted to check before ordering. I'm basing this information off the WoS site
If I order a Vu+ Duo2 without any extras, it has a twin satellite tuner, is that correct? How are those setup on the rear? 1 slot, twin input? or 2 Slot single input + Loop? I've seen many conflicting pictures which might suggest either.

There is an option to fit a second tuner. Where this is selected, does this get added to the 3rd slot? Or does it replace whatever is in the 2nd slot?

timofee
21-11-16, 00:37
Basic model has twin tuner in one slot and 2nd slot is empty.

Optional extra tuner - either single or double goes in 2nd slot.

There is no 3rd slot.

Daviemck
21-11-16, 00:41
This image (directly from WoS site) seems to show 2 x Single Sat tuner with LNB In and Loop on each with a blanking plate over a 3rd slot.51437

Sicilian
21-11-16, 06:40
This image (directly from WoS site) seems to show 2 x Single Sat tuner with LNB In and Loop on each with a blanking plate over a 3rd slot.51437

The image is for illustration purposes only.

The base unit HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU-Plus-Duo2-Duo-2-1x-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma-2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver) has 1x Twin satellite tuner module and 1x spare slot. 3rd slot is just a dummy. Duo2 can use two tuner modules only. Each tuner input requires direct feed to satellite dish LNB.