PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] OpenViX 4.2.016 released.

stephentg
20-11-16, 22:58
Why are there so many releasess for openvix 4.2. there was 4.2.015. If I flash 4.2.016 then a 4.2.017 comes out do I need to reflash my box again.

bbbuk
20-11-16, 23:01
You can flash as often or little as you want (at least whilst that image version is still supported).

Some people like flashing with latest images all the time, some every now and then and some only when there is a problem or image version is no longer supported.

Consider yourself lucky as some image teams release daily updates.

The updates are due to either fixes/improvements or new features. Some maybe only minor and may not be noticed at all.

Basically, if you are having no problems and you don't want to update then you can stay on image version you're using.

Larry-G
20-11-16, 23:14
Dude there were officially 808 builds of the ViX 3.0 series image (900 plus unofficially).

A new image is built on every bug fix update. If you don't want to update the image don't. I have not updated any of my nine receivers in well over a year and there working fine.

also you don't have to reflash on every update, 90 percent of updates can be carried out as a simple windows style update with no need to reflash, just make sure you make regular backups just in case some thing goes wrong.

Andy_Hazza
21-11-16, 00:05
Why are there so many releasess for openvix 4.2. there was 4.2.015. If I flash 4.2.016 then a 4.2.017 comes out do I need to reflash my box again.

All you need to do is Menu > Setup > Software Update > Option 2 and presto, your box gets updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
21-11-16, 03:33
90 percent of updates can be carried out as a simple windows style update...More of a Linux-style update, in that you get the choice whether to do it and when to do it.

stephentg
23-11-16, 18:19
Thank you all for the replys and Andy.