PDA

View Full Version : Sky Q installation

Willmoore
20-11-16, 11:07
A mate of mine has moved house and is having Sky installed. You can no longer get Sky + and have to have Sky Q. Am i right in saying that the lnb that will be fitted to the new dish is not compatible with his Vu Solo2 ?

abu baniaz
20-11-16, 11:13
Correct.

They do have LNBs that have legacy ports though.

Larry-G
20-11-16, 11:14
Correct unless he states at the time of installation that he still wishes to use a standard receiver and requests they fit a hybrid lnb.

Larry-G
20-11-16, 11:35
Just to add. The Hybrid lnb is supposed to be for special cases only and as such most installers wont carry the hybrid lnb's as standard.

Tell your mate when the engineer rings him the night before to arrange his install to specifically request a hybrid lnb. Tell him that he has a none sky issued receiver that he wishes to keep using (dont tell them that you wish to keep the older sky HD receiver for freesat even if that is the case, they will likely refuse your request) but if you have a TV with a built in sat tuner or a third party none sky receiver, then you can request the hybrid lnb to retain use of those devices.

also to my knowledge the hybrid lnb has 6 ports, any of which can be used for sky Q the rest can be used for any other none sky Q feed like the solo2.