PDA

View Full Version : which HD sat plugin card for ET8500 and how to install?

ALIEN1X
20-11-16, 01:58
Hi, which HD sat plugin cardS can I use on my ET8500, and is there I guide on how to install it?
I have one free slot on my ET8500 and I want a dual tuner sat card if possible?
Can I use a mutant card or am I restricted on certain types of plugin card?

Sicilian
20-11-16, 09:18
Xtrend only produce single satellite tuner modules.

See here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuner-modules/xtrend-tuner-tuners/xtrend-et7500-et8500-dvb-s-s2-tuner-module

ALIEN1X
20-11-16, 16:15
Xtrend only produce single satellite tuner modules.

See here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuner-modules/xtrend-tuner-tuners/xtrend-et7500-et8500-dvb-s-s2-tuner-module

How do I install it, are ther any online instructions?

I have other 3 slots occupied by DVBT/T2 tuner cards, so do I use the same gui interface for both cards (sat and terrestrial or separate ?

Sicilian
21-11-16, 06:42
How do I install it, are ther any online instructions?

I have other 3 slots occupied by DVBT/T2 tuner cards, so do I use the same gui interface for both cards (sat and terrestrial or separate ?

Power off the receiver and disconnect power.

Remove LID, slide off towards the back after remove the rear top two thumb screws.

Remove slot blanking plate.

Fit tuner.

Re-fit lid.

Power on.

Job done :)

ALIEN1X
21-11-16, 16:38
Power off the receiver and disconnect power.

Remove LID, slide off towards the back after remove the rear top two thumb screws.

Remove slot blanking plate.

Fit tuner.

Re-fit lid.

Power on.

Job done :)

Thanks, I will make an order but noted the SAT plugins are out of supply for ET8500.
Are the Sat pluging cards HD compatible?
Noted from previous posts that its not a dual saterlight card but single, so why has it got 2 connections?

twol
21-11-16, 17:53
Sat in, RF out

ALIEN1X
23-11-16, 16:30
Thanks, I will make an order but noted the SAT plugins are out of supply for ET8500.
Are the Sat pluging cards HD compatible?
Noted from previous posts that its not a dual saterlight card but single, so why has it got 2 connections?

Thanks , I hope these do not freeze and lock up the box when connecting via cccam like on TM6800 ?