PDA

View Full Version : Unicable II config for Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNB00-0PP (broken Vu drivers)

shortheath
19-11-16, 22:14
I thought this might help you! I have just managed to record channels simultaneously. Here is my setup. I am running OpenVix 4.2 build 16
on Vu+ Solo 4k Dual FBC tuner

One FBC-tuner = Unicable LNB connection on Tuner A + 6 connected to A.

Tuner A

config mode advanced
Satellite 28.2e
LNB Lnb1
priority auto
LOF Unicable /Jess
Unicable config mode Unicable LNB
Manufacture Inverto
Type IDLU-32UL40-UNB00-0PP
CHANNEL scr 1
Freq 1210
connected no
DiSEqC mode none
Force LNB power Yes
Force Tone Burst Yes

Tuner B

config mode Not configured
Force LNB power Yes
Force Tone Burst Yes

Tuner C

config mode advance
Satellite 28.2e
LNB Lnb1
priority auto
LOF Unicable /Jess
Unicable config mode Unicable LNB
Manufacture Inverto
CHANNEL scr 2
Freq 1420
connected Yes
connected to Tuner A
DiSEqC mode none

Tuner D

config mode advanced
Satellite 28.2e
LNB Lnb1
priority auto
LOF Unicable /Jess
Manufacture Inverto
CHANNEL scr 3
Freq 1680
connected Yes
connected to Tuner C
DiSEqC mode none

Tuner E

config mode advanced
Satellite 28.2e
LNB Lnb1
priority auto
LOF Unicable /Jess
Manufacture Inverto
CHANNEL scr 4
Freq 2040
connected Yes
connected to Tuner D
DiSEqC mode none

Tuner F

config mode advanced
Satellite 28.2e
LNB Lnb1
priority auto
LOF Unicable /Jess
Manufacture Inverto
CHANNEL scr 5
Freq 984
connected Yes
connected to Tuner E
DiSEqC mode none

Tuner G

config mode advanced
Satellite 28.2e
LNB Lnb1
priority auto
LOF Unicable /Jess
Manufacture Inverto
CHANNEL scr 6
Freq 1020
connected Yes
connected to Tuner F
DiSEqC mode none

Tuner H

config mode advanced
Satellite 28.2e
LNB Lnb1
priority auto
LOF Unicable /Jess
Manufacture Inverto
CHANNEL scr 7
Freq 1056
connected Yes
connected to Tuner G
DiSEqC mode none

Ron

abu baniaz
29-11-16, 11:23
Some screenshots for the above

bentleyboys
11-12-16, 16:39
Hi I am having a few problems configuring my solo4K tuners I am running latest vix and have Inverto 32UL40 Jess2 LNB I had all 8 tuners running on previous Vix 4.0 but decided to update yesterday to 4.2.021

Now I can record only 3 separate tuners ACD then get a failed tune when going to Tuner E

Seems really odd and tried all I know even leaving powered off for a while. My tuner set up is same as pics in this thread but am now stuck

Appreciate any guidance.....

Thanks

abu baniaz
11-12-16, 16:43
Uploading your settings file may be simplest/best thing to do. You will find it in /etc/enigma2/ Zip it before attaching it to post.

bentleyboys
11-12-16, 16:53
Thanks but think its sorted SCR4 for some reason didnt work moved it to another channel and all 7 run fine now just tested with all tuners active recording from each and all is now good

Thanks for coming back so quickly though I thought I was going mad :-) Appreciate it

shortheath
30-01-17, 15:22
I am having a few problems configuring my solo4K tuners I am running openVix 4.2 Build 23 and have Inverto 32UL40 Jess2 LNB II - all 8 tuners running perfectly, decided to update to 4.2.024.

As soon as a timed recorder starts the "viewed" channel begins to get tuner failed.

Have tried software upgrades and usb upgrades (with and without settings restore) to Builds 24,25,26, and 28 since same problem!!!

Any ideas on how to get latest build working properly

Fixes
-----

Restore and carry on using build 23 image - (no problems)

Run OpenBh 0.6 Build 27 - (no problems)

Huevos
30-01-17, 15:52
Nothing wrong in the image. Must be a setting wrong. Have you got force lnb power and force tone to yes?

Andy_Hazza
30-01-17, 15:53
I am having a few problems configuring my solo4K tuners I am running openVix 4.2 Build 23 and have Inverto 32UL40 Jess2 LNB II - all 8 tuners running perfectly, decided to update to 4.2.024.

As soon as a timed recorder starts the "viewed" channel begins to get tuner failed.

Have tried software upgrades and usb upgrades (with and without settings restore) to Builds 24,25,26, and 28 since same problem!!!

Any ideas on how to get latest build working properly

Fixes
-----

Restore and carry on using build 23 image - (no problems)

Run OpenBh 0.6 Build 27 - (no problems)

If you have both "Force LNB Power" & "Force ToneBurst" set to Yes, these now need to be set to No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
30-01-17, 16:46
If you have both "Force LNB Power" & "Force ToneBurst" set to Yes, these now need to be set to No.Not on a Solo 4K. Both to yes.

shortheath
30-01-17, 20:38
Nothing wrong in the image. Must be a setting wrong. Have you got force lnb power and force tone to yes?

They are both set to Yes
Just done "Software update"- Build 23 to 28 Problem back straight away

Andy_Hazza
30-01-17, 20:41
Working fine here on latest ViX image. I have 5 recordings on different transponders while watching another.

shortheath
30-01-17, 21:25
If you have both "Force LNB Power" & "Force ToneBurst" set to Yes, these now need to be set to No.

"Force LNB Power" & "Force ToneBurst" set to Yes or No makes no difference to the problem.
Do you know where in root the tuner settings are stored so that we could possibly compare them?

shortheath
30-01-17, 23:06

I noticed on the screen shots above that Tuner B was unconfigured.

I have unconfigured tuner B and changed tuner C to connect to tuner A and it seems to have sorted the problem out.

Does this make sense to you? (Everything worked perfectly while running build 23 with B configured)

abu baniaz
31-01-17, 00:17
The unicable code changed. Old configs will not work.

You have to set your tuners again

Timmo65
16-10-17, 14:20
I noticed on the screen shots above that Tuner B was unconfigured.

Hello,
sorry for digging up an oldish post but I have just been setting up my ultimo4k with FBC sat and cable tuners and yesterday a new Unicable II - same model as described here. One cable from lnb to FBC Sat tuner. It seems to be working ok but not fully tested I did have a few box freezes when changing tuner config. Can someone please advise why the recommendation is to leave tuner b unconfigured ? or/and point me to the most recent FBC/Unicable II tuner setup guide. Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
16-10-17, 19:07
Tuner B is ideal for a Motorised Dish setup or you can put a feed from another 28.2 Dish etc.

Timmo65
16-10-17, 23:27
Tuner B is ideal for a Motorised Dish setup or you can put a feed from another 28.2 Dish etc.

Thanks for your time.

I have one cable going to the top tuner connection in the fbc tuner, is tuner B the other connection ? I assumed one cable in would be virtually spilt amongst the other 7 tuners. So if I have nothing connected to the lower connection should tuner B be set as not configured?

Andy_Hazza
17-10-17, 07:51
Thats correct, set Tuner B to not configured if nothing is connected to it.

Willo3092
30-08-18, 14:39
I've just installed a GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 SCR/dCSS Single Cable Unicable II LNB SCR24 with 3x Legacy Outputs.
Is it necessary to have each virtual tuner connected to the one immediately preceding it or is that just for Vu+ boxes?
Initially I had them all connected to Tuner A with different SCR's and it seemed to work alright on a Giga UHD Quad 4K and then I saw the configuration in post #1.

Huevos
30-08-18, 16:42
I've just installed a GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 SCR/dCSS Single Cable Unicable II LNB SCR24 with 3x Legacy Outputs.
Is it necessary to have each virtual tuner connected to the one immediately preceding it or is that just for Vu+ boxes?
Initially I had them all connected to Tuner A with different SCR's and it seemed to work alright on a Giga UHD Quad 4K and then I saw the configuration in post #1.This thread was started more than a year ago when FBC was a relatively new concept. At the time there were driver problems with the VuSolo4K. This was the configuration suggested by Vu, but it did not cure the problem. Subsequently new drivers have been produced that don't require this config (which didn't cure the problem anyway).

My current setup on the Solo4K is just link all parasitic tuners to tuner A, which is the tuner that has the physical connection from the satellite dish.

abu baniaz
02-09-18, 06:08
I have copied the original post and edited it to take into account the changes and driver fixes for the Solo 4K. This makes the guide/post more universal. I hope Ron does not mind.

Edited post here
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59959-Unicable-II-config-for-Inverto-IDLU-32UL40-UNB00-0PP

Huevos
02-09-18, 18:03
Thanks for the new guide.