PDA

View Full Version : bootloader for edision mini os twin sat

tempo321
18-11-16, 16:31
Hi all, I have an edision mini os twin sat, I would like to find the bootloader file for this box, anyone can point me in the right direction please?
This box is a second hand box, it has a different image on it (skyK) at the moment and I would like to go to vix, so my question is, do I need to upload boatloader first and after upload the latest vix image? or can I go straight on uploading the vix image without uploading first the bootloader?
Many thanks for your help

abu baniaz
18-11-16, 16:38
Bootloaders are only available when the manufacturer releases one. I don't think there is a newer one than teh one the receiver is shipped with.

You are mixing up images with skin. If you want openvix on your receiver, install/flash the image

tempo321
18-11-16, 16:43
thank you for your prompt reply, I was under impression that to pass from an image like openatv.... to vix I had to flash bootloader first..... soory for silly questions, I m a newbie....

fevgatos
23-11-16, 00:42
thank you for your prompt reply, I was under impression that to pass from an image like openatv.... to vix I had to flash bootloader first..... soory for silly questions, I m a newbie....

Hi mate ,flash the box with latest openvix image ,that's you need ,

regards Nick

cactikid
24-12-16, 17:45
i did find one for the edisons on another pc and forum.

Ashley69
24-12-16, 17:54
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/edision-images/

cactikid
24-12-16, 18:00
nope vix dont list a bootloader for the edison range as i did look ,thought i missed it but no not listed :D

Ashley69
24-12-16, 18:10
You don't a need boot loader. Just put image on USB and follow flashing guide. http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/

cactikid
24-12-16, 19:15
been there done that and still on boot.awaiting feedback on the cable on the other post,been flashing these e2 boxes for many years and models and had to use a bootloader once when duo would not work.