PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Feeds for 3.2 unavailable, unable to install plugins

antiks
18-11-16, 07:59
Hi,

I'm trying to set up OpenVPN on my Solo2, however I can't download the plugin because the feeds are unavailable. Have they been removed for 3.2?

If they have, is there a way I can get an archive of the feeds and host my own?

Failing that, is there a way I can get the OpenVPN ipk and it's dependencies?

For what it's worth, I'm not interested in upgrading to 4.2 - 3.2 works fine with this exception.

Thanks

Sicilian
18-11-16, 08:08
Yes feeds removed.

Andy_Hazza
18-11-16, 08:28
4.2 works just fine on the Vu+ Solo2 so you are best updating and keeping on top of the updates thereafter. Unless you have a clone that is, thus the reason the feeds have been took offline for 3.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antiks
18-11-16, 08:51
Thanks for the responses both.

I have a legit Solo2 and Zero, however I don't feel the need to update to 4.2 as 3.2 works fine and it's tedious to have to re-setup two boxes from scratch. If there was an easy way to backup & restore between major versions this wouldn't be an issue, or if there was a thorough documented procedure on what settings/files to take note of prior to major version upgrades, however there is always something forgotten between upgrades and as these are used by the family, it's not worth the hassle to keep on top current versions. Maybe an LTS version would be beneficial for those of us who are not as enthusiastic about the latest-and-greatest release?

Anyway, I digress. Is there a way to download an .ipk of OpenVPN that is compatible with 3.2? Would an .ipk from 4.2 work?

Many thanks for any assistance in advance.

gibbletts
18-11-16, 11:29
Just google it and download the ipk then ftp to your box, although updating the box is not that hard and only takes minutes

Huevos
18-11-16, 12:09
Maybe an LTS version would be beneficial for those of us who are not as enthusiastic about the latest-and-greatest release?LTS implies support. That would mean maintaining a paralyzed code base for each version. That is impossible because the code base is shared between teams and comes from many different source that no single team is in control of.

antiks
18-11-16, 12:55
LTS implies support. That would mean maintaining a paralyzed code base for each version. That is impossible because the code base is shared between teams and comes from many different source that no single team is in control of.

Thanks for explaining, that makes sense.

I've managed to pull the OpenVPN ipk from the web. The only dependency that isn't installed on my box already is kernel-module-tun (kernel-module-tun_3.13.5-.1_vusolo2.ipk) - are any of the devs available to assist in providing this, if an archive of the feeds still exists in an offline state?

I appreciate upgrading to 4.2 is the 'fix', but re-configuring each box takes ~1hr and the family wouldn't be pleased loosing their timers/autotimers and EPG settings.

bbbuk
18-11-16, 13:42
You can manually backup autotimer.xml, timers.xml and settings.

These files r stored in /etc/enigma2. Use a FTP software on your pc/laptop to backup these files.

Most box settings are kept in this settings file.

abu baniaz
18-11-16, 13:55
You can backup/restore your bouquets with channel editors such as E-Channelize, Dreamboxedit, Dreamset.

joysleep1
18-11-16, 14:02
I recommend dreamset. Worked perfectly for me.

Huevos
18-11-16, 15:52
I've managed to pull the OpenVPN ipk from the web. The only dependency that isn't installed on my box already is kernel-module-tun (kernel-module-tun_3.13.5-.1_vusolo2.ipk) - are any of the devs available to assist in providing this, if an archive of the feeds still exists in an offline state?No. Current version is kernel-module-tun_3.13.5-.2_vusolo2.ipk

The old feeds are not archived. Each version is 120 GB of disc space and we are already maintaining the previous 2 versions.

bbbuk
18-11-16, 21:40
Here it is....

Larry-G
18-11-16, 21:49
4.2 works just fine on the Vu+ Solo2 so you are best updating and keeping on top of the updates thereafter. Unless you have a clone that is, thus the reason the feeds have been took offline for 3.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know my feelings towards clones yet I'm still using a now decommissioned build on my own solo2. Just because some one chooses not to update does not mean they are using a clone.

Huevos
18-11-16, 22:01
Just because some one chooses not to update does not mean they are using a clone.Maybe not... but... the majority of users still using those feeds were clones and parasites, which is why the decision was made to take them offline.

Larry-G
18-11-16, 22:05
Maybe not... but... the majority users of still using those feeds were clones and parasites, which is why the decision was made to take them offline.

I'm not disputing the reason why the feeds were discontinued (you should know better than to even suggest I am). I'm just saying that not all users of older images are clone users.

antiks
19-11-16, 11:20
Here it is....

Spot on, thank you very much for uploading this. I'll try to install it today.

I've downloaded the timers/autotimers xml and if I can't get it to work with the manual install method I'll do one box at a time to 4.2 when I get some spare time.

Many thanks for the assistance everyone. I see clones are quite a hot topic on here, I didn't know they were such an issue!

abu baniaz
19-11-16, 11:31
When sending the timers to new image, you must stop enigma2 with the "init 4" command first.

Larry-G
19-11-16, 12:49
as above you can't just "download" the timers.xnl and autotimers.xml files. you have to put enigma into sleep mode via telnet when transferring from the old image and again when transferring to the new one, otherwise you run a very high risk of corrupting them.

antiks
19-11-16, 18:27
Noted, thanks all.