PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Can't Record Sky SD Channels any more

SkyFan
17-11-16, 05:00
Hi, I noticed that today I can't access any Standard Definition Sky channels on my VU+ box. I've got the red card in it. Is there a new config I need to use or are SD channels blocked forever now? ITV4 HD is also blocked.

I have my card paired to a Sky+ HD box.

lincsat
17-11-16, 15:25
No problems here. Can you access FTV channels like Motors TV and have you checked entitlements

SkyFan
17-11-16, 20:48
My card was paired to a HD box so I could get ITV4 and Channel 5 HD in addition to SD channels.

Are you able to get ITV4 HD? If not, do I need to pair my card to an SD Sky box to get the SD channels?

abu baniaz
17-11-16, 21:32
Card needs repairing.

judge
17-11-16, 22:33
The sky red card needs the correct box id for entitlements to update in oscam (at least on Irish cards)
A fake box id will work, but entitlements won't update.

abu baniaz
17-11-16, 22:49
There have been a few posts on the other forum. Entitlements updated but still not clearing. Only solution is re-pairing card. Can do so on website

lincsat
17-11-16, 23:40
It should open FTV channels like Motors TV without repairing, that's why I asked about FTV

SkyFan
18-11-16, 18:28
What are you talking about - Motors TV isn't free to view. It was on freeview several months ago but now it's only on Sky.

Joe_90
18-11-16, 18:30
What are you talking about - Motors TV isn't free to view. It was on freeview several months ago but now it's only on Sky.

FTV (Free To View) is not the same as FTA (Free To Air). It requires a SKY card to decrypt.

SkyFan
20-11-16, 20:56
Card needs repairing.

Thanks. Did that and it's working now. Just wondering, why do I need to re-pair it when the card was already paired to my sky box?

abu baniaz
20-11-16, 21:20
A lot of other people had to do the same. Even on official receivers that are off for a while (house refurb etc), you have to reactivate the card.