PDA

View Full Version : People/shops selling stuff they don't have

marty
10-01-11, 14:33
It seem to me that more and more folk sell stuff they don't actually have in their possession :rolleyes:

I bought a speaker cab for my son just before Xmas of a company that also sells on eBay. After waiting two weeks I contacted the company who then tell me it's out of stock :mad: What pisses my off is WHY WAIT UNTILL I CONTACT THEM!!!!!!!!! FFS all it takes is an email then I could have had an alternative but NO just a waste of time. In the end I got refunded after 3 1/2 weeks.

Last week I orderd a new revolver, site said it was in stock and there was 48hr delivery.
A week later NOTHING :eek: I contacted them and was told 'sorry, out of stock.
Ok I said I'll change the order to another one that is marked as 'in stock' on their site and guess what :nono: not in stock.

As I said, this seems to happen way too often lately!!!!!!!!!

One final rant :D why when you do an ebay search for someting and you put 'UK only' you still get 100's of items pretenting to be in the UK while actually they are from the east :argue:

Larry-G
10-01-11, 14:39
thats modern day business for you. in fact all businesses operate this way and have for hundreds of years. it's called the chain of commerce. they place a order to their stockists just the same as you place a order to them. if they were only to list items they have in stock at that time they'd never sell any thing.

this is another reason to vet who you buy from and on;y buy from reputable sources etc.

marty
10-01-11, 14:48
this is another reason to vet who you buy from and on;y buy from reputable sources etc.

True, but the one company I used had always been reliable in the past.

Anyway I've calmed down slighly since making the original post, I have reorderd my revolver from another place I havn't used before BUT the actually have it in stock and will send it out by courier later today :)
This time I did it all over the phone and spoke to a real person rather than use the internet. It wasn't easy, it was all in French :P

silverfox0786
10-01-11, 14:49
its called drop shipping mate

you buy from one company but its sent from another so the company you buy from may state instock but then you make the order the order get submitted to the other company and the other company says they out of stock and you have no way of know ing that as a customer or a first retailer only the second retailer knows

pooface
10-01-11, 15:19
This time I did it all over the phone and spoke to a real person rather than use the internet. It wasn't easy, it was all in French :P

I take it your French isn't that good then? At least it's better than mine :D

marty
10-01-11, 15:39
I take it your French isn't that good then? At least it's better than mine :D

I've lived in france since 2002, they have had plenty of time to learn English :D

All joking aside I understand it OK-ish, it's just when I speak French no one seems to understand it :p

pooface
10-01-11, 16:51
I've lived in france since 2002, they have had plenty of time to learn English :D

All joking aside I understand it OK-ish, it's just when I speak French no one seems to understand it :p

I got told my the in-laws that my French accent is really good ... just that I don't know enough of it... Makes me laugh when some people talk French tough in a really English accent, and no-one can understand what they're saying :p

So, how come you moved to France then?

BTW, forgot to update the previous thread ... the homeplugs worked perfect whilst I was over there ;)

marty
10-01-11, 17:06
So, how come you moved to France then?

Long story short :)
I working in Ireland for 13 years, job finished and I didn't fancy going back to the UK.

My spoken French improves with beer though :D

Ojustaboo
01-02-11, 08:56
What I hate is when their web sites show as in stock, give a very short delivery for in stock items, you place an order, they take your money, then tell you it's out of stock and going to take 2 weeks.

Sicilian
01-02-11, 08:59
What I hate is when their web sites show as in stock, give a very short delivery for in stock items, you place an order, they take your money, then tell you it's out of stock and going to take 2 weeks.

Savatstore are a prime example of this. Last week I was trying to buy a 24" monitor, they where should a few different models in stock. Phone them up and they only actually had one model in stock for collection. Lucky I phoned before driving all the way up to Luton!

digidude
04-02-11, 19:38
the best (should that be worst) one like this i have seen, was a shop stating

we have 30 DM8000HD clones in stock on an order to order basis

what this translated as was, they would wait untill they received orders for 30 units, then order 30 of them in all at once to get the discount break for bulk buying, they failed to mention to the customers though what O2O meant, and that they could be waiting, after paying, for a VERY long time

the places i deal with ONLY show whats actually in stock that they can physically put their hands on and send to you within 24 hours, which is how things should be unless customers are pre informed that they are pre ordering an item with an expected 'in stock on' date