PDA

View Full Version : saving tsmedia content

fintannl
16-11-16, 14:24
so I am currently on vix 4.2.013. When I press the button on my remote control to view content saved on my hard drive the content is listed. However it is listed as being in location /usr and in /usr/movie. The problem I have is that when I go to TSMEDIA and try to set a download location for content I do not get an option to save to /usr. Instead I get the option to save to /hdd which has no space. Is there some way I can link the /hdd folder to the /usr folder so I can store tsmedia content to my hard drive. Thanks

fintannl
16-11-16, 16:58
I assume its something along the lines
ln -s /media/hdd /usr
but I don't think this its fully correct as I don't thing I have the complete paths specified. Can someone please correct this. Thanks

Joe_90
16-11-16, 18:32
I'm a bit confused as to your query. /usr is a location where all sorts of system binaries are stored. Your media content would be on (usually) /hdd/movie if you are using the default settings or in some other location if you are using a USB drive or network drive.

When you say /hdd has no space, do you mean your hard disk is full? You certainly wouldn't want to store media on the internal flash of your box in /usr

fintannl
16-11-16, 21:58
you are right to be confused by my request. as you say /usr is a part of the core system. So I figured out how I had corrupted the VIX system. Good ole flashxpander (before you ask why I installed flashexpander, please keep in mind that my DUO was one of the first of the production line). Once I installed it things went sideways. So did a fresh install. This time all directory locations make sense. However my initial problems remains unresolved. Now when TSMEDIA is installed (version 11.3 from the download plugins extensions option, and then I install the latest version of movies123 and then I try to download a movie nothing happens. So I exit out of everything and press blue button and see these processes running (many addons processes that simply are not executing). So then I reboot and go to tsmedia desktop tools general settings and set all the auto install options to 'no'. then I exit and restart. Then I go to tsmedia movies and series and movies123 and play a movie and it works great. so I exit out of the movie and then try to download it, i get the downlocation option and once selected then a small delay and box restarts. Probably a tsmedia issue but maybe a vix issue

Andy_Hazza
16-11-16, 23:16
I recommend you also enable a swap file as the Vu+ Duo is ancient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fintannl
17-11-16, 00:13
I recommend you also enable a swap file as the Vu+ Duo is ancient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, that is a prerequisite. well aware. thanks. still would like to understand the tsmedia issue though! Is it a tsmedia issue or a vix issue

cactikid
17-11-16, 00:57
been a while since i used tsmedia but noticed it went to a different place,as my duo dont work i checked on my solo2,it has a mixture of files sent from et 10000 and tsmedia downloads.51389

fintannl
17-11-16, 02:10
you miss the point cactikid. when you try and download a film on tsmedia vix crashes (sorry my initial post was just related to my stupidity as i didn't understand how flashexpander messes with the core system). i just want to know if these crashes are a vix issue or a tsmedia issue