PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo SE] Time shift repeats

doomdoom88
15-11-16, 19:59
Hello,
For some reason when I pause live tv for about 10 minutes and press play is carries on playing the programme but after the programme it will go back to the start of the programme and not to the next programme after it. It only happens now and again buts its really annoying when I want to watch the programme after and I can't :(
Thanks
Doomdoom88

Piranha
16-11-16, 09:09
Hello,
For some reason when I pause live tv for about 10 minutes and press play is carries on playing the programme but after the programme it will go back to the start of the programme and not to the next programme after it. It only happens now and again buts its really annoying when I want to watch the programme after and I can't :(
Thanks
Doomdoom88

You didn't say if you have permanent Timeshift enabled - Menu/Setup/System/Timeshift settings 'Automatically start timeshift after - options being - Disabled/2s/3s/4s/5s/10s etc upto 5min.

Even so, the behaviour you describe is probably from a playback setting - pausing live TV, even with timeshift disabled, starts to record the current tuned channel and then the normal media playback keys come into play, until you exit timeshift.

Suggest that you check your settings in Menu/Setup/System/Recording and playback settings' - 'Behaviour when a movie reaches the end' - maybe you have this set to 'Continues play (loop)'? (I suspect that this should read 'Continuous play (loop)'

Use the Left/Right keys to scroll through the options and set this option to 'Return to previous service', green button to save.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, report back and you will probably be asked to post a zipped copy of your settings - happy to help if you are not familiar with doing this.

Good luck!

doomdoom88
16-11-16, 10:04
You didn't say if you have permanent Timeshift enabled - Menu/Setup/System/Timeshift settings 'Automatically start timeshift after - options being - Disabled/2s/3s/4s/5s/10s etc upto 5min.

Even so, the behaviour you describe is probably from a playback setting - pausing live TV, even with timeshift disabled, starts to record the current tuned channel and then the normal media playback keys come into play, until you exit timeshift.

Suggest that you check your settings in Menu/Setup/System/Recording and playback settings' - 'Behaviour when a movie reaches the end' - maybe you have this set to 'Continues play (loop)'? (I suspect that this should read 'Continuous play (loop)'

Use the Left/Right keys to scroll through the options and set this option to 'Return to previous service', green button to save.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, report back and you will probably be asked to post a zipped copy of your settings - happy to help if you are not familiar with doing this.

Good luck!

Thanks for getting back to me, yes permanent Timeshift is enabled after 2s, I have now changed the 'Behaviour when a movie reaches the end' to 'Continuous play (loop)' and will report back to you if it doesn't resolve the problem.
Thanks again
Doomdoom88 :)

Piranha
16-11-16, 11:13
Thanks for getting back to me, yes permanent Timeshift is enabled after 2s, I have now changed the 'Behaviour when a movie reaches the end' to 'Continuous play (loop)' and will report back to you if it doesn't resolve the problem.
Thanks again
Doomdoom88 :)

No! Set to 'Return to previous service' NOT 'Continues play (loop)!

What was the setting before you changed it?

doomdoom88
16-01-17, 14:35
Sorry it's took so long to get back to you, I set it to 'Return to previous service' just before Christmas but it's still doing it, do you have any more ideas? Thanks

Piranha
17-01-17, 12:52
Sorry it's took so long to get back to you, I set it to 'Return to previous service' just before Christmas but it's still doing it, do you have any more ideas? Thanks

I think this is just user error - when you are in timeshift and want to exit, do you press the 'STOP' (key with a filled-in square) on your remote and are then presented with various exit options? If not, then permanent timeshift is on.

I have tried to replicate what you seem to be having trouble with, but cannot get it to behave the way that you describe!

BTW, when did you last reboot your box? Sometimes a reboot or fresh install will cure all manner of ills wit E2 boxes!

Best of luck!

doomdoom88
17-01-17, 22:08
I think you might have misunderstood me, when I watch for example Emmerdale at 7pm if i pause it for a while then press play it will play till the end of Emmerdale but will then replay Emmerdale again not the next program which would be Coronation Street at 7.30 I will then have to fast forward to the end to be able to watch Coronation Street. Does that make more sense? Thanks

doomdoom88
17-01-17, 22:09
I think this is just user error - when you are in timeshift and want to exit, do you press the 'STOP' (key with a filled-in square) on your remote and are then presented with various exit options? If not, then permanent timeshift is on.

I have tried to replicate what you seem to be having trouble with, but cannot get it to behave the way that you describe!

BTW, when did you last reboot your box? Sometimes a reboot or fresh install will cure all manner of ills wit E2 boxes!

Best of luck!

I think you might have misunderstood me, when I watch for example Emmerdale at 7pm if i pause it for a while then press play it will play till the end of Emmerdale but will then replay Emmerdale again not the next program which would be Coronation Street at 7.30 I will then have to fast forward to the end to be able to watch Coronation Street. Does that make more sense? Thanks