PDA

View Full Version : Vpn

jonnymac67
14-11-16, 20:14
Just wondering if there is a kodi vpn that works with a vu, as it would be great to get nbc sports extra working on my box.
or a simple vpn for a vu to try...
thanks
jonnymac

john2k5
25-11-16, 15:33
Just wondering if there is a kodi vpn that works with a vu, as it would be great to get nbc sports extra working on my box.
or a simple vpn for a vu to try...
thanks
jonnymac

VPN is easy, just set up openvpn in vix, then open kodi after starting it.

I use TorGuard, but this works for any provider that proivdes OpenVPN configs (the majority)

Put your .crt and .key files in /etc/openvpn
Rename your .ovpn file to .conf and put it into /etc/openvpn
Edit the line that says auth-user-pass, so that it reads auth-user-pass login.txt
Create login.txt in /etc/openvpn with your username on the first line, password on the second, nothing else, no blank spaces or lines
Start openvpn from the vix network menu.

Getting NBC sports to play is a whole different kettle of fish though, I'm still playing around trying to get it working, I can get streams playing using the Kodi DVDPlayer, but they have no sound and stutter due to no hardware acceleration in that player. E2's MediaPlayer doesn't play them at all, and the MediaPlayer2 "fix" for other images doesn't work on vix. (It didn't help on Blackhole either for NBC to be fair)

Best solution is still another box for Kodi, although I won't give up on having an "all-in-one" e2 receiver with 3PM kick-offs

gibbletts
25-11-16, 18:51
I had no luck with the addon on kodi on any device I gave up and just cast it from my phone