PDA

View Full Version : Trying to do an update on my VuDuo2

rasod
14-11-16, 17:57
Hi guys, I'm trying to do an update on my VuDuo2 from Openvix Apollo 0.96 to Openvix 4.2.013. I poweroff the box, put in the USB stick and turn power-on again.
After approx. 5 seconds there is a message saying "Update turn power" and then the box reboot itself and comes up without doing any upgrade ...
I was expecting a message with something about flashing ???
What am I doing wrong here ?

/ rasod

ccs
14-11-16, 18:05
Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch and await instructions.
As your Duo2 starts to power up you should see a prompt on the receivers display asking
you to press the power button, at this point you need to press the power button which is
located behind the flap on the front of the receiver.

nb. You won't be able to do a settings/plugins restore.

Ashley69
14-11-16, 18:08
Press the power button after you turn the box on.

rasod
14-11-16, 19:06
Hi ccs, is this a new procedure for VuDuo2 or has it always been like that ?
I don't recall doing so before ?
Anyway, I'll try the procedure later and let you know the result.
Thanks !

ccs
14-11-16, 20:16
..... found the flash instructions here.....

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/

Larry-G
14-11-16, 20:21
The flashing procedure has not changed since I wrote the original flashing tutorial shortly after the receivers launch (except some minor alterations made upon the bootloader update).

That is however beside the point, why not just bypass the USB stick altogether and us the images own inbuilt image manager to "couch" flash it for you ?.

rasod
14-11-16, 20:43
Hi again ccs, thanks for the clarification. In the middle of customizing the new image !

crackers33
24-11-16, 20:15
Hi guys, I'm trying to do an update on my VuDuo2 from Openvix Apollo 0.96 to Openvix 4.2.013. I poweroff the box, put in the USB stick and turn power-on again.
After approx. 5 seconds there is a message saying "Update turn power" and then the box reboot itself and comes up without doing any upgrade ...
I was expecting a message with something about flashing ???
What am I doing wrong here ?

/ rasod

" Apologies if I state the obvious but you made no mention of 'pushing' the button directly above the USB port. If you failed to do this whilst booting up, the box does not recognise that it should be reading the stick."

ccs
24-11-16, 20:21
" Apologies if I state the obvious but you made no mention of 'pushing' the button directly above the USB port. If you failed to do this whilst booting up, the box does not recognise that it should be reading the stick."The OP successfully reflashed the box if you'd read the whole thread.