PDA

View Full Version : Picon options not available via Download Plugins Server?

4tothefloor
14-11-16, 03:19
Hi guys,
I've been re-flashing my parents Vu+ Duo box today so that it has the same set up as my own. However I've come unstuck when trying to download the Picons. When I access the Picons download section on my own box (Plugins > Download plugins > Picons), I have access to way more options than when I access the same section on my parents box. For example, the picon set I want to download is 'snp-full.100x60-86x46.light.on.transparent', however this does not even appear as an option on my parents box (none of the snp/srp options are available). There does not appear to be any option for picons for 28.2e at all. Can anyone shed any light on why this is or how I can rectify this? Cheers.

Ashley69
14-11-16, 08:45
In the plugins. Press green for download. Chose feeds. Download picons xyz. Reboot and they will be there.

4tothefloor
14-11-16, 13:56
In the plugins. Press green for download. Chose feeds. Download picons xyz. Reboot and they will be there.

That's not the issue at all, it is not a reboot issue. The issue is when I access the Picon Feeds via the Green button, the Picons that I need are not even appearing as an option to download in the Feed. I want to download 'snp-full.100x60-86x46.light.on.transparent', but I cannot download it as it's not even appearing as an option. The only options that are appearing are tv-east, tv-west etc. Thus my query...why are the snp picons not appearing on the Feeds on my parents box? Thanks.

abu baniaz
14-11-16, 14:06
Have you installed Ocram's feeds as mentioned above? You have to do that first.

Ashley69
14-11-16, 14:07
Ok. I will try to make it clearer.
Once you have downloaded the picon.xyz feeds you reboot your box. Then go back to plugin downloads and go to picons and they will be there.

martico
15-11-16, 17:14
I have a similar challenge with my Duo2 and 4.2.015

Picon sets that I've downloaded and used before no longer appear in the download/install list (e.g. snp-full.220x132-190x102.dark.on.transparent). Also the Feeds group which I've used before to find and get picons.xyz no longer appears in the list.

Any advice on how I can go back to previously used picons would be greatly appreciated.

bellejt
15-11-16, 17:30
I always have a backup off my picons on my PC.Just FTP them back to the box and never problems if they are not in feeds.

Or include them in a backup so you can restore them.

martico
15-11-16, 18:39
Thanks bellejt. I'll definitely make that my plan for the future. I'd still be interested in any thoughts on why they're missing from the available lists.

bellejt
15-11-16, 19:36
thats for the imagemakers to find out :)

abu baniaz
15-11-16, 19:42
we do not have the picons on the openvix servers, they are on Ocram's server. you must install picons.xyz feeds in order to access those picons from download menu.

Andy_Hazza
15-11-16, 21:30
The "Feeds" via plugins is where you need to look to download 'picons.xyz'
So press Menu > Plugins > Green Button > Feeds then install 'picons.xyz'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martico
15-11-16, 22:39
But Feeds isn't there any more. I get +bootlogos, +display, +drivers, +extensions, +picons, +security .. and six more ending with +systemplugins

Ashley69
15-11-16, 23:12
Go to plugins/ red button remove plugins. Is it there?

martico
16-11-16, 00:18
Yay. Thank you so much Ashley69, yes it was there. I'm sorted (although feeling a bit stupid for not noticing the red button myself).

4tothefloor, I hope this helps you too. As Ashley69 says, use plugins>red (remove plugins) to get rid of anything previously installed - including the picons.xyz feed. I then rebooted, downloaded the picon feed, rebooted again and all the missing picon sets were there.

4tothefloor
17-11-16, 01:45
Yay. Thank you so much Ashley69, yes it was there. I'm sorted (although feeling a bit stupid for not noticing the red button myself).

4tothefloor, I hope this helps you too. As Ashley69 says, use plugins>red (remove plugins) to get rid of anything previously installed - including the picons.xyz feed. I then rebooted, downloaded the picon feed, rebooted again and all the missing picon sets were there.

Yea cheers, got it. Thanks for the help lads. Is this the only way to update the picons as well - remove and re-download?